Queen,Egg Morphing, or other?

Started by Xenomorph60, Mar 03, 2018, 02:53:02 AM

Author
Queen,Egg Morphing, or other? (Read 9,224 times)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: SM on Mar 04, 2018, 10:21:02 PM
I think this proposed new 'egg layer' is a case of style over substance.  A woman's abdomen opening up and producing eggs is certainly grotesque - but only seems to work on that level.  Like egg-barfing in AvP:R.  Which was simply revolting.
Actually that is exactly the problem. How far you can take it. AVPR's egg barfing was horrifyingly original but it went way too far. Then again, is there anything wrong with using a human Prometheus style to breed aliens? It would fit the title.

Isn't Foster's Australian for beer?

Local Trouble

Quote from: whiterabbit on Mar 05, 2018, 12:38:52 PM
Isn't Foster's Australian for beer?

That's what the ads tell us.

SM

SM

As I have said all too often - there is a reason we export Fosters.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

It seems like Canadians love Foster's.

Xenomorph60

Xenomorph60

Why are you people talking about beer on AVP galaxy?

SM

SM

Same reason we have a 'Hall of Hotness' thread I suppose.

Xenomorph60

Xenomorph60

Can we all be serious and not discuss alcohol on my post

SM

SM

Chill.  Threads often go off in different directions.

SiL

SiL

Which is off-topic and technically spam and technically against the rules. Not unreasonable for someone to ask people to get back on topic.

To answer the thread, I'll take Queen and morphing over "other".

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

I'm fine with nailing Shaw to the Wall and having alien eggs secreted out of her thorax. Prometheus for the win.

Local Trouble

I wonder if OP ever read the first draft of William Gibson's Alien 3 script.  I bet he'd love it.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Xenomorph60 on Mar 06, 2018, 01:00:12 AM

Would it be permissible to discuss Weylan Yutani Aspen Beer?

Gash

Gash

I'll take the body horror of Egg Morphing over the Queen. I like the fact that the alien is essentially a beautiful but terrifying interpretation of a human - a serial killer or a grim reaper. The Queen, for me, veers too far away from that, becoming something akin to a giant spider or a dinosaur. The person facing the alien as designed by Giger, is facing a soulless mirror image - humanity without humanity - something primevally horrifying but not too animalistic.

Given the tragic history of the subject of Giger's Li paintings (a clear influence on the image of Shaw's corpse) I like that it harks back to themes closer to Giger's personal demons, and I have a strong preference that the alien is created from something more macabre than a big egg-laying monster.

Xenomorph60

Xenomorph60

Quote from: Gash on Mar 06, 2018, 05:46:46 PM
I'll take the body horror of Egg Morphing over the Queen. I like the fact that the alien is essentially a beautiful but terrifying interpretation of a human - a serial killer or a grim reaper. The Queen, for me, veers too far away from that, becoming something akin to a giant spider or a dinosaur. The person facing the alien as designed by Giger, is facing a soulless mirror image - humanity without humanity - something primevally horrifying but not too animalistic.

Given the tragic history of the subject of Giger's Li paintings (a clear influence on the image of Shaw's corpse) I like that it harks back to themes closer to Giger's personal demons, and I have a strong preference that the alien is created from something more macabre than a big egg-laying monster.
I can at least agree with you that the queen doesn't fit.

:-\
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 06, 2018, 04:28:01 PM
Quote from: Xenomorph60 on Mar 06, 2018, 01:00:12 AM

Would it be permissible to discuss Weylan Yutani Aspen Beer?
:-\

Quote from: SiL on Mar 06, 2018, 01:35:21 AM
Which is off-topic and technically spam and technically against the rules. Not unreasonable for someone to ask people to get back on topic.

To answer the thread, I'll take Queen and morphing over "other".
Thank you

Quote from: whiterabbit on Mar 06, 2018, 03:24:34 AM
I'm fine with nailing Shaw to the Wall and having alien eggs secreted out of her thorax. Prometheus for the win.
The first person to like my theory

Huggs

Huggs

If it was my call to make, I'd remove the queen permanently, and replace her with egg morphing. It's just a horrific way to go, and fits well within the dark and terrifying nature of these creatures. But, the queen's cannon, and definitely not going anywhere. So I suppose the egg morphing concept would be used to accelerate the number of aliens initially, so one of them can safely evolve into a queen.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed