Queen,Egg Morphing, or other?

Started by Xenomorph60, Mar 03, 2018, 02:53:02 AM

Author
Queen,Egg Morphing, or other? (Read 9,211 times)

D88M

D88M

The Queen is okay for me, and i do not know if the deleted eggo morphin scene is canon, but i like to think that maybe in a extreme case where the Alien is isolated from others of its kind he can turn to egg morphing people to propagate the species.

TheRaven

TheRaven

Quote from: D88M on Mar 04, 2018, 12:02:21 PM
The Queen is okay for me, and i do not know if the deleted eggo morphin scene is canon, but i like to think that maybe in a extreme case where the Alien is isolated from others of its kind he can turn to egg morphing people to propagate the species.

^ same
I tend to think the 'perfect organism' in the absence of its usual hierarchy would have like back-up ways to keep the species going etc. in extreme cases so as to form a hive - or create a 'queen egg' via egg morphing or smthn.

Xenomorph60

Xenomorph60

Quote from: SM on Mar 04, 2018, 07:04:47 AM
How does Advent explain it?  I don't recall anything other than a vague reference to a "queen".
David says " I wanted to make her more than human, but she refused, so what choice did I have." It shows him dissecting her but she isn't infected so that shows he used the black goo on her.

SM

SM

It seems obvious from the film that he used the goo on her; how does she - or how would Daniels - end up as an egg layer?

Xenomorph60

Xenomorph60

Quote from: SM on Mar 04, 2018, 07:33:08 PM
It seems obvious from the film that he used the goo on her; how does she - or how would Daniels - end up as an egg layer?
I have explained this twice but I will explain again. David transformed Shaw by using small,controlled amounts on her. He will probably do the same for Daniels. I think after this the alien will be able to do a similar process. When a female is cacooned, I believe it will infect her and turn her into a egg layer.

SM

SM

How does she lay eggs?  Like a Queen or what?  The explanation is pretty vague.  Why does she need to be cocooned?  Couldn't she lay eggs - somehow - without being cocooned?

Xenomorph60

Xenomorph60

Quote from: SM on Mar 04, 2018, 07:41:30 PM
How does she lay eggs?  Like a Queen or what?  The explanation is pretty vague.  Why does she need to be cocooned?  Couldn't she lay eggs - somehow - without being cocooned?
She would look like Shaw with the hole and petals in her stomach. They would be closed most of the time until the egg is laid which then a xenomorph would have to move. She would have to be cacooned so that it could infect her. She could be infected other ways but I don't know how she would move around while laying eggs. I will make an rough scetch to explain.

SM

SM

Think I'll stick with the original concepts.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

The funny thing is that thanks to the black goo, almost any incarnation of the "egg producer" can exist in Alien now. Egg morphing and egg laying are both legit but just where did David get his eggs from is the question. The way Shaw's body is displayed on the table is how one would dissect a corpse. The lips you see is just the skin pulled back and pinned down to allow clear access to the thorax. I don't think it is meant that the eggs grow inside of her and then her chest opens up like a pair of doors. David uses her organs and tissues in his experiment. In all honesty I don't think David killed Shaw. Story wise it doesn't make sense for that to happen. However once Shaw is dead, her body was just too good to pass up.

Still, taking note that the first movie was called Prometheus, chaining a human to a rock and having them birth out aliens would fit the central horror theme of the movie.

Although... now that I think about it, he might have done the same thing to her that he did to Holloway after perfecting the goo a bit. He did say he tried to make her more than human and she is obviously changed. hmm

bb-15

bb-15

Quote from: Xenomorph60 on Mar 04, 2018, 07:38:55 PM
Quote from: SM on Mar 04, 2018, 07:33:08 PM
I have explained this twice but I will explain again. David transformed Shaw by using small,controlled amounts on her. He will probably do the same for Daniels. I think after this the alien will be able to do a similar process. When a female is cacooned, I believe it will infect her and turn her into a egg layer.

OK, this begins with an interpretation of "Alien Covenant"; that Shaw became in some way a xenomorph egg layer.
- I disagree with that film theory.

* My view is that Shaw was not an egg layer.
- The xenomorph eggs were created by David from what he had in the lab.
- David dissected Shaw for various body parts including her human female eggs as well as her DNA.
- Imo David used human female eggs with black goo plus neomorph/insect/Engineer DNA to create the xenomorph eggs. 

* Bottom line imo; David was creating a new species by artificially combining things in a lab from several creatures that he had including Shaw.
- "Alien" (Director's Cut) and "Aliens" show how the xenomorph species naturally reproduces in the wild. 
Big difference.

;)

SM

SM

I think this proposed new 'egg layer' is a case of style over substance.  A woman's abdomen opening up and producing eggs is certainly grotesque - but only seems to work on that level.  Like egg-barfing in AvP:R.  Which was simply revolting.

Xenomorph60

Xenomorph60

Quote from: whiterabbit on Mar 04, 2018, 09:24:42 PM
The funny thing is that thanks to the black goo, almost any incarnation of the "egg producer" can exist in Alien now. Egg morphing and egg laying are both legit but just where did David get his eggs from is the question. The way Shaw's body is displayed on the table is how one would dissect a corpse. The lips you see is just the skin pulled back and pinned down to allow clear access to the thorax. I don't think it is meant that the eggs grow inside of her and then her chest opens up like a pair of doors. David uses her organs and tissues in his experiment. In all honesty I don't think David killed Shaw. Story wise it doesn't make sense for that to happen. However once Shaw is dead, her body was just too good to pass up.

Still, taking note that the first movie was called Prometheus, chaining a human to a rock and having them birth out aliens would fit the central horror theme of the movie.

Although... now that I think about it, he might have done the same thing to her that he did to Holloway after perfecting the goo a bit. He did say he tried to make her more than human and she is obviously changed. hmm
Finnaly a person gave me something nice but also argutive. Everyone just says keep the queen. My idea does fit the central horror theme. Your argument against me is solid, she is displayed like a autopsy and the fact that there are flaps and a ovomorph could fit in there may be just coincidence. I don't want to appear like a obsessive fan boy but I must argue my case. Yes the flaps could just be skin but that still does not explain her mutated look. I must thank you again for a perfect reply. :)[img][/http://www.scified.com/u/alien-covenant-set-shaw.jpg]

Quote from: SM on Mar 04, 2018, 10:21:02 PM
I think this proposed new 'egg layer' is a case of style over substance.  A woman's abdomen opening up and producing eggs is certainly grotesque - but only seems to work on that level.  Like egg-barfing in AvP:R.  Which was simply revolting.
but it also has terror. I should mention that the girl is alive during this process she's just kind of paralysed. Imagine if it was someone you knew.

SM

SM

I don't doubt the horrific nature of it.

It just sounds a bit far fetched in terms of exactly how it'd work.

Xenomorph60

Xenomorph60

Quote from: SM on Mar 04, 2018, 11:21:15 PM
I don't doubt the horrific nature of it.

It just sounds a bit far fetched in terms of exactly how it'd work.
I will admit that it is a little far fetched but is it more unreasonable than keeping embryo face huggers in your stomach and growing from a foot tall alien into a three meter xenomorph in a matter of minutes?

Local Trouble

Have you considered bribery?  SM is notoriously corrupt and is especially fond of Foster's beer.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed