Marines Alien Storm v0.5 (( 2020 NEW!! ))

Started by Alien-seed-Games, Feb 18, 2018, 05:08:18 AM

Author
Marines Alien Storm v0.5 (( 2020 NEW!! )) (Read 8,879 times)

No Name

No Name

Thanks for the additional info. Couple of things:

Quote1. Game runs at 800X600 Resized to 1920X1080 unless you run it at fullscreen from settings menu

Why are you using a 4:3 aspect ratio, but then switching it to 16:9? This can lead to all sorts of distortions (haven't been particularly noticeable though). I also don't see the need for having an option to go full screen if the game already resizes to a resolution of 1920x1080.

Quote2. The sprites that are grey get recoloured in game and the Aliens have 3 body parts to make then up!

Having separate body parts was a good design decision. Should allow for more varied enemy types without redoing too much.

Moving onwards, there's two options I see:

1) Continue with your plan to use newly made native sprites drawn 1:1. Be aware though that you'll need to make sure that they're drawn in a manner that is appropriate for the aspect ratio you're using. I'd suggest going with a 16:9 aspect ratio (widescreen) rather than 4:3 (full.screen). 16:9 is equivalent to 1080p which is common among most players according to Steam Hardware surveys. So essentially, you'd create your native sprites to the likeness of a 1920x1080 canvas.

2) Continue with 16:9, but keep a default resolution of 960x540 (windowed mode), and then have the option of going full screen (1920x1080 in most cases). You'd avoid any graphical distortions since you'd only be scaling the resolution by 2x and still maintaining the 16:9 ratio. The (possible, but not really) downside is you'd then create the native sprites to the likeness of a 960x540 canvas, and then scaling them up by a factor of 2. Half the detail than option 1 I suppose, but it really wouldn't be a big deal. Optionally, you could probably just continue using the sprites you have right now (your choice on whether you want to use them or not, but I think they look pretty good).

If you go with option 2, I'd advise against scaling too many sprites up and down, and instead work with a single, consistent native scale for all the sprites. You could have a special category of sprites (HUDs, effects etc.) for which you'd initially make a large version, then scale down to maintain its native resolution. This would allow for a higher quality HUD and more "HD"-looking effect sprites rather than looking blurry or pixelated. I currently do this for my own project and the results are pretty good.

QuoteHumm well the hole game is built around 32X32 Tiles system so here a pic i quickly made after work to help explain

If you go with option 1, you'd probably have to draw everything around maybe a 64x64 tile system or even 128x128, since 32x32 would be too small and possibly cumbersome to deal with. Under option 2, you'd likely keep it 32x32.

Quote3. So a normal sprite should fit in 32X32 a big one will be like 48X48 and a Huge one 64X64 witch wont fix through single 32x32 doors!

I hope there won't only be 32x32 doors. Some outside areas with large hangar-like doors are surely not off the table, are they?

Lastly, if you do go with option 1 (which you've implied), I'd like a sample of a 1:1 sprite before I can contribute anything, just to see what kind of art style you plan to go with and to ensure consistency.

Alien-seed-Games

Alien-seed-Games

Aww sorry i took so long to reply got busy with life and makeing the latest version.
Heeps of changes all over tones of new stuff have a try

i did change the res to 960X540 but with game layer zoomed in 2X ( use Mouse wheel )
go try my latest version see what you think of the rez change.

ass for the sprites that template image i show is the sprites' you can copy/paste one of them and draw sum thing over it

if you send me sum stuff to try i can stick it in and upload a version for you to look/see

EXAMPLE
This Screenshot is game and UI zoom out to ( 960X540 ) 

This screenshot is game zoomed in 2X to ( 480X270 ) and the UI still at ( 960X540 )

Alien-seed-Games

Level 1 DEMO is OUT!!

Corporal Hicks

Just been playing the latest demo. Loving the presentation and all the old sound effects and music from AvP2 and Alien Trilogy. It's not an easy game either, is it! I enjoyed it. Looking forward to having another bash on it.

Alien-seed-Games

Aww thank you very much! i put so much work in to this

year it gets easyer once you get more guns items

try this out if you like Full Kit Bag

Schrödinger

Quote from: Alien-seed-Games on Jul 11, 2019, 06:36:24 AM
Aww thank you very much! i put so much work in to this

year it gets easyer once you get more guns items

try this out if you like Full Kit Bag

Still play this from time to time. Is this still being worked on?

Alien-seed-Games

Aww hay Year from time to time its a hobby project of mine so i only work on it when i am in the mood.

I am all ways keen if eney one wants to help in eney way

loot

Quote from: Alien-seed-Games on Feb 23, 2018, 07:35:17 AM
Aww cool thank you. this is made with (  Multimedia Fusion 2 ) NOT!!! Click team fusion 2.5

Just wondering what the difference between these two is? They seem to be the same company, so why not use the latest version? I don't know anything about them, just looked at their website so was wondering why you prefer version 2.

Btw the game looks just incredible. Surely the greatest Aliens game ever.

Corporal Hicks

You really don't go easy on these demos!!!  :P My only real comment from that playthrough was to make the hud elements at the bottom a bit more noticeable. Otherwise enjoying it!  ;D

Alien-seed-Games

OK ill take note thanks for playing it.
its more of a cool thing to play than a game at the moment its geting there thow.

there is a lots of new stuff all around in this version
this version has 90% of what i want the game to be.
more to cum!!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed