Theory On the Conclusion: The Orig Derelict is filled with Vivisected Human Ova.

Started by NetworkATTH, Feb 10, 2018, 05:25:14 AM

Author
Theory On the Conclusion: The Orig Derelict is filled with Vivisected Human Ova. (Read 884 times)

NetworkATTH

Everything on board the Derelict is leftover from David's experiments on the crew of the Covenant. The eggs, if we're to believe that Shaw's ova were the excavated, experimented on via the black goo, and either themselves or the products that would lead to the prototype Alien eggs. Then those eggs seen in Alien had to come from somewhere.....leading me to believe that they were victims of vivisection by David similar to Shaw. The Pilot could have been anyone either....

It doesn't even have to be a Covenant crew, it could be anyone. Maybe David lost and just sent a back up Derelict filled to the brim with his "progeny" somewhere, and it happened to crash land on LV-426. Now this begins to fall apart with, "Where did David get the Derelict?" Let's just assume that he has knowledge of where Engineer outposts are located at this point and is headed towards one, or by any other means he acquires them on a crusade to wipe them all out. That's dumb.

The second part is comically villainous. The first part, is pretty f**ked up though. Maybe enough for the idea of Alien Covenant to take on an even more horrifying context, like the work of a serial killer with the kind of methodology to make something like this work...tell me your thoughts on the idea. It would be a pretty brutal twist that negates the sudden corny implication of Covenant that David made them all, at least to me. If this is the scenario they're going for David really is an Android Shirō Ishii, or Ed Gein, Jeffery Dahmer....which is again, corny. I don't know if I like the idea, but I think it's where they're headed with this.

But it does add a completely new level of horror to the Company's interest in sending the Nostromo crew to investigate the Derelict, and the discovery of the Derelict at all. They're not exploring an Engineer ship as much as visiting the abattoir of the results of human chemical experimentation, vivisection, who knows, maybe even rape.

That's dark. A bit too on the nose, and how David does all this, I can't say it wouldn't be corny. But the idea by itself that the Derelict is more of people uncovering the abattoir of a serial killer, and possibly serial rapist on a nightmarish scale. That, just makes sense to me as the direction Ridley wants to go with this.

Highland

Were Shaws eggs used though? Is that in material somewhere, because in Prometheus she states she can't have children.

I would have though the natural progression would have been more to experiment on Daniels who as far as we know doesn't have this condition although this sort of repeats Covenant in a way.

Also David made five? Eggs on the Engineer Planet from one Shaw or whatever the creatures were there. He doesn't need a crew of thousands, unless he's trying to breed the full grown Alien.

Personally I like the idea that the Engineers are the original creators and David is just copying.

Baron Von Marlon

The Covenant is David's ark, The Derelict his lifeboat on Origae-6 (or wherever he may go).
Or The Derelict will be his ark.

In Alien: Engineers the Juggernaut has 8 types of eggs on board. The xeno/facehugger and 7 others.  They could apply this to the Derelict.
And it could set up stories for possible future projects without disturbing the original canon.

DAVID is dragging her across the floor - into a huge cargo hold full of Alien eggs. The wide trench holding hundreds of eggs under a membrane of light: an evolution of the molluscoids Watts saw before. Armored, hardened, darker.

"Juggernaut, the chariot of Krishna, was also a bringer of death. Crushing his worshippers under its wheels."

He drags Watts down into the trench. Breaking the membrane of light. Grips her against his chest like a doll with one arm.

"This ship has seven other cargo bays like this one. The eggs in each bay slightly different. They've been weaponized."

whiterabbit

I'm hoping that the derelict in alien is indeed ancient and harboring the original alien. If that's not possible then it better be the original attack commissioned by the engineers on Earth after humans crucified Space Jesus. If it turns out to be the crew of the Covenant... well actually that would be cool too.

Personally I think David in story is just trying to cook something up to impresses the real gods we have yet to see.

Still it would be neat if the company wants the alien to defeat the evil andoird's hoard and save humanity in the process.

NetworkATTH

I'm hoping it's going to be the Engineer's as well, but given Ridley's comments on "I found it more interesting if David created the beast", and rewatching Covenant, it just sort of clicked. The amount of people in cryo and the number of eggs on the Derelict. David could have just loaded a derelict full of eggs (this sounds, absolutely corny), and a human pilot on deck. I really don't know.

Highland

Quote from: NetworkATTH on Feb 10, 2018, 03:44:20 PM
I'm hoping it's going to be the Engineer's as well, but given Ridley's comments on "I found it more interesting if David created the beast", and rewatching Covenant, it just sort of clicked. The amount of people in cryo and the number of eggs on the Derelict. David could have just loaded a derelict full of eggs (this sounds, absolutely corny), and a human pilot on deck. I really don't know.

Pretty much everyone came to the same conclusion post Covenant. Personally I think it seems too obvious, but then we had David and Walter so....

D. Compton Ambrose

I'm really hoping that's not the case. Personally would prefer something a bit more Lovecraftian in style. Even the original Space Jockey what with its elephantine 'trunk' (now revealed to be a space suit) evoked Cthulhu-esque vibes. They should definitely go back to the source code of H.R. Giger's work, and the "psyche" aspect of it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed