Budget

Started by David, Feb 08, 2018, 05:12:04 PM

Author
Budget (Read 3,648 times)

Xerxész

Xerxész

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 04, 2018, 12:22:03 PM
Well, like i said numerous time on the forum, i keep reading articles from my country that speaks about 150M...

150 million?
That's insanely high budget. No way Fox would give so much money for a Predator film.
Anyway, I would be the happiest if I was wrong. :)

SiL

SiL

That might have come from the perpetual misinterpretation of Black saying it was being treated like an event film. "Event films have huge budgets! Therefor..."

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Let's be honest guys, this is an R-rated movie. A quasi slasher flick at that. 150M is out of the ball park. For one, there is no big name talent and it's unlikely to need cutting edge computer effects. Those tend to be the 2 things as of late that causes a budget to balloon to such large heights. Well aside from mitigating circumstances. Now sure they could cram a lot of expensive action into the mix but I don't think that is likely. So I do think that they can film a great predator movie for less than 90 million. Which is probably what they got.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: SiL on May 06, 2018, 06:05:49 AM
That might have come from the perpetual misinterpretation of Black saying it was being treated like an event film. "Event films have huge budgets! Therefor..."
Maybe fox realised that 40 milion for Predators wasn't enough. Deadpool was made for about 60 milion, largely due to focussing on drama and writing over effects.

The really generic Predator ship interior we have seen could be heavily augmented through cgi-matte paintings

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: skull-splitter on May 06, 2018, 10:42:21 AM
Maybe fox realised that 40 milion for Predators wasn't enough. Deadpool was made for about 60 milion, largely due to focussing on drama and writing over effects.

The really generic Predator ship interior we have seen could be heavily augmented through cgi-matte paintings

$40 mil was also the budget for AVPR, if I recall correctly. I don't see the budget for The predator passing 90 mil, but, stranger things have happened I suppose.

bleau

bleau

I can' see it being over 60. I can see 40 at lowest and 60 at highest. :)

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: Huggs on May 11, 2018, 03:54:11 AM
Quote from: skull-splitter on May 06, 2018, 10:42:21 AM

$40 mil was also the budget for AVPR, if I recall correctly. I don't see the budget for The predator passing 90 mil, but, stranger things have happened I suppose.
AvP was 60, at times looked like 80.
AvP-R was 40 and looked like 90% darkness in the end.
Predators was 40 again but had the help of low budget king Rodriguez, and Nimrod Antal who worked well with what he had save for making to story flow naturally. But that could be pinned on Rodriguez as well, besides the Faculty his films always felt choppy.

And having some decent actors in it actually helped.

Xerxész

Xerxész

Most of the scenes of The Predator take place in quite special locations (such as jungle, high-tech laboratory, military base, Predator ship) and Shane said in an interview that they had "high" budget, I think it is no less than 50-60 million USD.

Anyway, what are quite good in the early script are the locations.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed