I hope Ridley doesn't get to do another movie

Started by EJA, Feb 05, 2018, 11:27:45 AM

Author
I hope Ridley doesn't get to do another movie (Read 14,106 times)

EJA

I personally believe it would be better if Ridley Scott does not do a follow-up to Covenant. The direction he's going in is obvious, and it just isn't very good, wittling away the dark mystery of the universe.

Wweyland

I pretty much agree. He is more interested in philosophical questions than actual plot and characters.

Scorpio

You may not like it now, but you might change your mind.

Still Collating...

We'll never know until we see it. I too don't like all of Scott's ideas, though I would be more frustrated not to see him end the trilogy and David's story. I so don't want to see David crash the Space Jockey ship on LV-426, though I could live with it. I mostly want to see what happens to the Covenant crew. Whatever the story is, I hope it's a good one and that we see one more movie from Scott.

After that, the franchise could be passed to somebody else, as far as I'm concerned.

dave1978

I strongly agree,  Ridley should have handed over the reigns long ago to someone with a little more fire in their belly,  Ridley is 20 years past his best and thats being optimistic.

acrediblesource

I don't like David's story whatsover. Its not scary as it proposes to be although it is setup for HIM to be a villain of some sort just not a very good one. Androids have always been a mere fraction of the plot development however Ridley has him written in 90 percent. Go figure.

Quote from: Still Collating... on Feb 05, 2018, 01:45:19 PM
We'll never know until we see it. I too don't like all of Scott's ideas, though I would be more frustrated not to see him end the trilogy and David's story. I so don't want to see David crash the Space Jockey ship on LV-426, though I could live with it. I mostly want to see what happens to the Covenant crew. Whatever the story is, I hope it's a good one and that we see one more movie from Scott.

After that, the franchise could be passed to somebody else, as far as I'm concerned.

Still Collating...

Quote from: acrediblesource on Feb 05, 2018, 02:41:16 PM
I don't like David's story whatsover. Its not scary as it proposes to be although it is setup for HIM to be a villain of some sort just not a very good one. Androids have always been a mere fraction of the plot development however Ridley has him written in 90 percent. Go figure.

Quote from: Still Collating... on Feb 05, 2018, 01:45:19 PM

I agree I'm not really happy that the Alien franchise is focusing on an android, but I do like David and I'm trying to stay optimistic  :laugh: at least things have been shaken up a little even though the results have been mixed to say the least.. I can't say I'm not intrigued by some of the ideas proposed but I do believe they need to be better executed. The weakest part of the movie for me is the treatment of the Alien, not David.

If one more movie does get made, I'd like them too keep perverted David, make him a bit less cartoon villain like, and treat the Alien with respect. Credible, formidable and scary.
I do worry Scott doesn't have what it takes to tie things up neatly and that he doesn't really care enough about the Alien anymore. I hope not, but his remarks are not promising...
The Disney deal, however scary in the beginning, does make me feel hopeful that the franchise has a future. If they hopefully don't put it on ice and The Predator does well, we could be in for an interesting ride, be it with Scott or someone else.

Scorpio

It doesn't need to tie things up neatly, just a satisfying conclusion will do.

It's a great series, these Alien Prequels.  Have patience, in 10 years you'll be complaining about all the Aliens remakes coming out.

Munkeywrench

Quote from: Scorpio on Feb 05, 2018, 11:45:29 PM
It doesn't need to tie things up neatly, just a satisfying conclusion will do.

It's a great series, these Alien Prequels.

To each his own I guess. IMO the prequels aren't bad but they certainly are not great and I really don't like the direction they're going in. However I say let Ridley finish his trilogy let's see how it ends and then I think someone else should take over.

Scorpio

I like the direction they are going in.

If it weren't for people salivating over the holy grail of Alien/Aliens.

The series has always struggled to break free from their influence.

whiterabbit

I want Ridley Scott to deliver a 4 and a half hour Alien epic featuring the Engineers, Aliens and God. Go go Ridley.

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Scorpio on Feb 06, 2018, 06:05:42 AMThe series has always struggled to break free from their influence.

Struggled indeed.

Highland

Quote from: Scorpio on Feb 06, 2018, 06:05:42 AM
I like the direction they are going in.

If it weren't for people salivating over the holy grail of Alien/Aliens.

The series has always struggled to break free from their influence.

He started off well, then just nose dived into the water. Most Alien fans were well up for more mysterious back story's, just not these ones.

I'd still welcome a reboot. Not fussed if Scott gets to finish or not.

Corporal Hicks

Honestly, I think I'm at that point where another Alien film from Ridley Scott just wont really excite me anymore. I used all my remaining goodwill for him with Covenant. I think I'd rather see another hand on the helm for the next one. And I do hope we get a next one.

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 06, 2018, 09:21:52 AMI used all my remaining goodwill for him with Covenant.

I still can't help but hope that he will somehow ride this wonky horse into the trenches and emerge victorious. Give me just one more Scott prequel and I will line up for it.

I am also an idiot.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed