The Predator Filming Additional Scenes in March

Started by ThePredatorUK, Feb 02, 2018, 09:03:31 PM

Author
The Predator Filming Additional Scenes in March (Read 90,662 times)

Original Predator

Quote from: zackpred12 on Apr 12, 2018, 09:53:45 PM
I'm sorry, but I feel as though Dutch should have a cameo in the middle of the film rather than the end ( if at all) (if I was the writer).  I don't feel as if Dutch needs to play a huge part in this film or future films.  Remember how awesome it was when Dutch first graced the screen in the original?  How he carried himself around the General and Agent Dillon?  How kick ass would it be if he walked into the facility (spoiler***area52) and gave advice to the team?  Or even gave his two cents in on the whole facility/ operation...like Ian Malcom is to Jurassic Park.

Anything along these lines would've been way too simple and would have been too easy to execute. 

Instead Fox and Black had to think "big" go full blown "comic book" and say "who cares" to any previous possible story line-over-due for expansion.  Who cares if that's what's been missing all along since the 90's. 

I mean where has a formula that brought back an original well-beloved character that was entrenched in the first film, who's story was expanded and made richer and to introduce and inject new hero's and/or characters into a franchise, ever worked ever????  (And best to avoid the beloved-character in the case he's "too old".  Old people definitely don't work in action movies.) 

Not Aliens
Not the recent Blade Runner
Not T2
Not the first 3 Die-Hard's
Not Blade 2
Not any of the Star Wars
Not the Dark Knights
Not Any of the Mad Max's
Not the recent Wolverine
Not Lethal Weapon 4
Not John Wick
Not Any of the Rocky's
Not the 2008 Rambo

No.  Let's make this about the Predators they are the main focus.  Let's have the audience "bond" with a good Predator or two and his story.

No one cares about the previous cool-well-known character(s) and integrating an actual story focusing on them, having the Predator be this mysterious force that drives the character(s) actions, as that would make for a horrible movie. 

What they got now is definitely a good formula.

Vermillion

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 13, 2018, 08:03:55 AM
Quote from: Vermillion on Apr 13, 2018, 01:27:51 AM
Reshoots are to tone it down for the Kids rating on Netflix.

Let's tone down the trolling a teeny bit more, Verm.
Roger

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

For what i said earlier my bad, you are all right ! I totally mispoke sorry  :laugh: It wasn't tuned down during the test screenings, i wanted to say that it was probably taken into consideration by fox in order to tune it down later. But obviously we have no official confirmation for that either, yes.

Hollywood

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 15, 2018, 12:04:59 PM
For what i said earlier my bad, you are all right ! I totally mispeak sorry  :laugh: I wasn't tuned down during the test screenings, i wanted to say that it was probably taken into consideration by fox in order to tune it down later. But obviously we have no official confirmation for that either, yes.

If enough people in the test screenings had the same feedback about the humor, Fox for sure took it into consideration. That's the whole point of the test screenings at least. They can't take out all the humor if they primarily changed the third act but who knows what they can do with editing.

The Wolverine Predator

I'm in total agreement with you on that, the ending kinda made it sound too sloppy, I liked mostly everything leading up to it

ELDERCLANLEADER

Hollywood I'm curious as to why you seem to contradict yourself a lot ? Last time I spoke to you, you made it out and argued for days with me o that in your opinion the screenings were not negative as two people didn't like it and one did , "so it was hardly negative" is what you said . Now it seems you acknowledge that the screenings were bad after all ?

Also I wanted to highlight the fact that many members have described predator as being mysterious since we had that debate. So it's not only me that thinks that.

Most of us think that certain things about predator should be kept a mystery, and I whole heartedly agree.

Hollywood

Quote me directly, EVIL. I don't feel I'm contradicting myself at all. Seems like so long ago, honestly, the only thing I remember is you begging me to stop taking you to school or something before changing your name and picture. I trust Corporal when he said:
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 17, 2017, 09:49:08 AM
Quote from: salomonj on Nov 17, 2017, 12:25:40 AM
Do we have any reactions to the test screening other than the one saying that it's horrible?

Not publicly but I've heard from folk who just hated it and from those that really enjoyed once they got over it wasn't the typical Predator formula.

If the additional shooting toned down humor then it's a result of mixed (not overtly negative) screenings. And if the humor wasnt toned down then I believe it's not a problem in the first place.

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

Hollywood I said the same thing to you, months back, and you just argued and argued with me. In fact practically everything I said you tried to pick a fight over.  I said predator is supposed to be mysterious, you argued about that , I said predators are supposed to be near invincible , you argued with me on that , yet other members have said the same thing and you don't argue with them.

I'm just curious, how when I say something you don't listen and try to debate with me but when another member says the same thing you do listen.

That's where your contradictions are, and it seems awfully biased to who you "like" and who you don't, from where I'm standing. Just wanted to point that out.

Also the fact they have changed the entire third act, tells us the screenings were not mixed but were negative, no studio would reshoot that much film and waste that much money if the screenings were mixed. It's fair to say the screenings were overwhelmingly negative, otherwise we would have a trailer by now , and the third act would remain the same .

Hollywood

You're making general statements as to what I've said and conveniently not quoting me directly. You haven't said the exact same as others, you're hyperbolic with nearly all information we get and tend to lean towards the negative with it.

I listen to everything you said from your comparing Predators to Harry Potter and Spiderman, to saying their motivations should not change and they die too easy. I'm not ignoring you, just disagreeing and stating why I disagree.

I'm not contradicting myself just because you feel upset at my "bias" against you - I haven't even interacted with you in months. I think you're the one who wants to argue for some reason. I stand by everything I say.

dallevalle

stop fighting kids.

ELDERCLANLEADER

Do you really need me to go through the threads and start pulling those quotes out ? Because I will if I have to. I used Harry Potter and spiderman as examples about not going against fan wishes and the importance of character development. And yes fox is killing predators off to easily , the evidence is in the films, we go from the first , basically the  entire spec ops gets killed barring Dutch , the same formula for the second , avp comes out 3 pred deaths then to 2010s predators and four predator deaths were on screen ,predators are dropping dead quicker than a may fly these days.

Hollywood

I don't need you to do anything, really. But if you insist on harping on about discussions that took place months ago then I'd prefer you quote me directly.

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

Nah it's not worth it bud , it would take me for ever on a iPhone,  just wanted to point out that people are watching what you are saying , and I will pull you when you are going against something you have said previously. And indeed you did that and you know it !  ;D

And please enlighten me , what good news has come out about this film , that's exciting ? Is there any wonder why some of us sound negative ?

Hollywood

Damn all that and you haven't found any evidence of me contradicting myself. Good luck with that chip on the shoulder, EVIL.

ELDERCLANLEADER

I don't need evidence Hollywood , stop being weird man. I know what you said  I remember everything. If you wasn't biased you would hold your hands up and say "yeah I got that wrong " but you can't do it , can you.? I said the exact same thing as hicks and you ridiculed me for it , hicks says the same thing and suddenly it's the truth ( hicks not a dig at you bro ) just putting the facts together.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed