The Predator Filming Additional Scenes in March

Started by ThePredatorUK, Feb 02, 2018, 09:03:31 PM

Author
The Predator Filming Additional Scenes in March (Read 89,489 times)

funk_master_chunk

Great news.

Sounds like they've listened to the test screenings and the Social Media outcries.

Hopefully this will right a few of the wrongs in the film.

Could it be that the practical effects weren't any good in the first batch of shooting? From what I can gather, Act III is the meat of the film, isn't it?

JungleHunter87

Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 12, 2018, 09:32:59 PM
I'd honestly be more game for a Danny Glover cameo. Poor guy is stuck making DTV films with Trejo.

I would love to see Danny return as well. I'm not sure how that would work story wise? Hell, I'd love BOTH Arnold and Danny showing up. Sadly I don't see that ever happening. I know there's that old PREDATOR 3 Gladiator script with Dutch and Harrigan. Aside from that though. I've not heard how Harrigan's story could conceivably continue.

KiramidHead

Quote from: JungleHunter87 on Apr 12, 2018, 09:50:15 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 12, 2018, 09:32:59 PM
I'd honestly be more game for a Danny Glover cameo. Poor guy is stuck making DTV films with Trejo.

I would love to see Danny return as well. I'm not sure how that would work story wise? Hell, I'd love BOTH Arnold and Danny showing up. Sadly I don't see that ever happening. I know there's that old PREDATOR 3 Gladiator script with Dutch and Harrigan. Aside from that though. I've not heard how Harrigan's story could conceivably continue.

He gets asked to come along, says "I'm too old for this shit" and leaves.

zackpred12

I'm sorry, but I feel as though Dutch should have a cameo in the middle of the film rather than the end ( if at all) (if I was the writer).  I don't feel as if Dutch needs to play a huge part in this film or future films.  Remember how awesome it was when Dutch first graced the screen in the original?  How he carried himself around the General and Agent Dillon?  How kick ass would it be if he walked into the facility (spoiler***area52) and gave advice to the team?  Or even gave his two cents in on the whole facility/ operation...like Ian Malcom is to Jurassic Park.

Huggs

I figured there were serious changes involved with this. Fantastic news though. Dropping the humor in favor of more horror is music to my ears. Thumbs up to whoever made this decision. My interest in this film is renewed.

KiramidHead

Changing the third act wouldn't do away with the humor. It's all over the script.

JungleHunter87

Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 12, 2018, 10:03:55 PM
Changing the third act wouldn't do away with the humor. It's all over the script.

Maybe not do away with. But, toned down is most likely what they mean. Lowering the humor and raising the suspense.

Huggs

At least there'll be less of it, so it seems. I never saw the script though. Was it really that rough?

ELDERCLANLEADER

Junglehunter87 .... I agree my friend , Dutch is arnold vice versa ,  I was just coming up with ways to get around it , but in all honesty I'd rather just leave him out altogether, than a cliched cameo appearance. I just think the predator series lacks a coherent story that has continuation , Iv always believed Dutch was the answer , but I guess I'll never find out now , as for Dutch having a role that doesn't include getting kitted up , I agree it could be done , but I just think Arnold's acting isn't quite up to the task anymore . But I could be wrong ..

KiramidHead

Quote from: Huggs on Apr 12, 2018, 10:16:34 PM

At least there'll be less of it, so it seems. I never saw the script though. Was it really that rough?

I wouldn't call it rough. There's plenty of humor, some which misses, but most of it works. The third act was an overextended mess, though. That's what I'm hoping the reshoots fix.

ELDERCLANLEADER

YouKnowImRight.... what exactly is your point that your trying to make? If the majority of marvel fans enjoy the films , so what's the problem ?

Just because they don't appeal to you , doesn't mean they are not good films to everyone else.
So no you are not right at all pal and it borderlines elitism what your implying .

The fact is most of us don't want complicated storylines , when it comes to superheroes , we know who is good and who is bad. We just want super heroes smashing each other to bits.

They are popcorn flicks and always will be , if we are sheep to you , I really don't care . Every marvel film that comes out , is more ground breaking than the last , both commercially and critically, so your logic about Disney throwing anything out there is deeply flawed. People wouldn't go and watch them if they were bad.  Look at black panthers success, the most successful super hero film of all time already , it makes me shiver knowing the success infinity war is going to bring . You are in a minority.

Vermillion

Reshoots are to tone it down for the Kids rating on Netflix.

cheachea

Quote from: Vermillion on Apr 13, 2018, 01:27:51 AM

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Vermillion on Apr 13, 2018, 01:27:51 AM

Let's tone down the trolling a teeny bit more, Verm.

Darkoo

So that means,
Spoiler
Keegan Michael Key's character won't die too early ?

[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed