Requiem turns 10 this year!

Started by D88M, Feb 03, 2018, 01:29:44 AM

Author
Requiem turns 10 this year! (Read 8,246 times)

D88M

D88M

Oh, how time flies!

Okay, i might be a little too soon, i do not remember what date it  got released, but it was in this year, i was checking this one and AVP yesterday, as terrible as ever, anyway, are we getting an avpgalaxy special article or something for that?

What are you best/worst memories of the movie?

I remember registering here around that time, watching the trailer and thinking "it looks gory and action packed, at least it might be fun" boy i was wrong,  there are shots in the movie where you cant even see anything, literally,  and besides that it was just an all around mess. I sneak in the theater after sneaking for August Rush with a friend, and we both liked August Rush more, then the movie i entered this site and everybody here was indignated lol

SiL

SiL

The film turned ten back in December and AvPG did an interview with one of the crew who helped the directors develop the film.

Wweyland

Wweyland

I saw it in December 2007. It's a mess and a black stain on the franchise. The Wolf Predator and Predator Homeworld are a good idea but that's about it. It makes AvP 2004 look good.

Scorpio

Scorpio

It was actually midnight on Christmas Day it was released.  I got there early so saw another film called The Darjeeling Limited.  It was actually a good experience in the theatre watching it.

426Buddy

426Buddy

I was fairly disappointed with AvP and had already largely stopped caring about the franchise around that time. I went to see AvPR thinking maybe it might be better than the first. Instead it was worse than I could have ever imagined.

AvPR totally ruined me on the franchises for years. When i did finally get back into the series i found myself appreciating AvP more than before. Probably because Requiem is just so so terrible.

It amazes me that people find any enjoyement in that movie. To me, Requiem represents the absolute rock bottom for both franchises.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SiL on Feb 03, 2018, 03:46:50 AM
The film turned ten back in December and AvPG did an interview with one of the crew who helped the directors develop the film.

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2017/12/15/aliens-vs-predator-requiem-retrospective-chat-liam-odonnell-avpgalaxy-podcast-60/

If you wanted to listen.

D88M

D88M

Oh, my bad, i  thought it was released in 2008

Quote from: 426Buddy on Feb 03, 2018, 03:37:19 PM
I was fairly disappointed with AvP and had already largely stopped caring about the franchise around that time. I went to see AvPR thinking maybe it might be better than the first. Instead it was worse than I could have ever imagined.

AvPR totally ruined me on the franchises for years. When i did finally get back into the series i found myself appreciating AvP more than before. Probably because Requiem is just so so terrible.

It amazes me that people find any enjoyement in that movie. To me, Requiem represents the absolute rock bottom for both franchises.

Yeah me too, it totally is the rock bottom so far.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 03, 2018, 04:27:09 PM

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2017/12/15/aliens-vs-predator-requiem-retrospective-chat-liam-odonnell-avpgalaxy-podcast-60/

If you wanted to listen.

I will, thanks

Scorpio

Scorpio

'Rock bottom', yes, but it has bounced back to great heights.

SM

SM

QuoteYeah me too, it totally is the rock bottom so far.

The podcast makes the film worth another look.

SiL

SiL

I think it makes going back and reading Colin's forum posts more interesting. The things he probably wanted to say but couldn't ...

SM

SM

Indeed.  And also a little confusing.  He gave the distinct impression they had a lot of creative control, when in reality it would seem they were hamstrung by Fox in a number of areas.  Woulda thought saying nothing or being a little more vague was a wiser course.

SiL

SiL

Being vague or saying nothing would make it sound like the production was hell, which in turn would give people Alien3 flashbacks and hurt the film's chances on release.

The only winning move was not to play, but hindsight is 20/20

SM

SM

True.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 03, 2018, 04:27:09 PM

If you wanted to listen.

I will definitely check that out. Feeling a bit nostalgic thinking back to the production on this film and the anticipation I felt back then.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Requiem is at worst the second best AvP movie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed