User Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Alien: Solara - New Audio Drama!  (Read 26569 times)

Anarchist86ed
Aug 02, 2019, 12:51:52 AM
Reply #301 on: Aug 02, 2019, 12:51:52 AM
Q
Recasting is officially underway.

And I know it sounds scummy, but I'm allowing patreons. No direct profiting whatsoever will be tolerated. I told AJ and everyone else they could use this to promote their work and patreons but could never ask for money for it under any circumstances. But no one ever listens and expects me to dig into my empty pockets to pay them.  ::)

So expect when I release episodes to include patreons, if that's permitted. There will not be one for me because I know I will never, ever get anything. There are people on YouTube who make edits of stranger things season three and are getting hundreds in patreon money. But I'm not bitter at all. Just slowly losing my mind.  ;D

https://www.castingcall.club/projects/charon-an-alien-fan-audio-drama

« Last Edit: Aug 02, 2019, 01:20:20 AM by Anarchist86ed »

XenoHunter99
Aug 02, 2019, 10:20:17 PM
Reply #302 on: Aug 02, 2019, 10:20:17 PM
Q
Ok. Humor my ignorance. Why does that sound scummy? What do you do? Say, "I worked as a voice actor on this excellent fan production called __. Listen to it here. If you like my work, you can support me on Patreon!" Something like that? And what makes you so sure people won't throw a little cash your way to fund future efforts? So sure of that are you?

Anarchist86ed
Aug 03, 2019, 01:28:23 PM
Reply #303 on: Aug 03, 2019, 01:28:23 PM
Q
 I vowed no profit of any kind. But AJ wanted to make money. Former cast members wanted money. I told them they could promote patreons, but it wasn't good enough, they wanted guaranteed $. I suspect if we had a patreon that made money, I'd still have most of the cast. Graham performs on Broadway and in TV shows, I've all but excused him from continuing as well. Can't blame him, we're nothing to him even though he wouldn't say it. I have nothing more to do with AJ, but I understand he's getting paid work now, and despite how he left, which was in a way that guarantees I will not work with him again on principal, I'm thrilled for him. I hope he gets rich and famous. Wish him nothing but the best. But we will never work together again. He was to be a big part of new $ projects, but sadly he won't be joining them. I have lots of things planned.

And no, no one would ever give me a single penny. I'm not complaining. There will be no patreon for me. Solara helped me cast a for profit project though. Even then, I'll never make enough for a trip to McDonald's for the dollar menu. It's the way it is.

XenoHunter99
Aug 03, 2019, 02:48:53 PM
Reply #304 on: Aug 03, 2019, 02:48:53 PM
Q
I see how all that could be a problem, but work on fan productions is usually pro bono. Sorry all that happened to you. Hopefully things will improve going forward.

Anarchist86ed
Aug 13, 2019, 12:07:55 AM
Reply #307 on: Aug 13, 2019, 12:07:55 AM
Q
The bad news: Part 5 delay again because Graham was busy with real stuff and couldn't do the credits till today.

The good news: Charon is just about done recasting.

Anarchist86ed
Aug 15, 2019, 12:34:59 AM
Reply #309 on: Aug 15, 2019, 12:34:59 AM
Q
We have our new cast for Charon.

I want to say a big thanks to Xenohunter for auditioning. I got some really great auditions at the last minute and I had to go with them. One guy really wanted to do as many as roles as I could throw at him, and given the problems with casting I couldn't say no to a multiple role taker.

But we will get Xeno into a project. I'm still working on salvaging Bunnies project, which was destroyed in the recent outbreak of V.A. disease as well.

XenoHunter99
Aug 15, 2019, 02:01:41 AM
Reply #310 on: Aug 15, 2019, 02:01:41 AM
Q
Cool! I am very glad you got people to help you finish the project. It is a good project, and I've enjoyed listeining to the plays. Thanks for your consideration. I look forward to future projects :)

« Last Edit: Aug 15, 2019, 02:09:21 AM by XenoHunter99 »

Facebook Twitter Instagram Steam RSS Feed