Alien: Solara - New Audio Drama!

Started by Anarchist86ed, Jan 28, 2018, 07:12:41 PM

Author
Alien: Solara - New Audio Drama! (Read 88,354 times)

Anarchist86ed

Corporal Hicks

She's doing a good job keeping a similar voice.

Anarchist86ed

Yeah, the joke is she hit puberty during the battle with the aliens.  :laugh:

By the way, that's the same sound effect used for Gorman's gun.

XenoHunter99

Sounds good, literally.  :D

Anarchist86ed

I can't believe I'm saying it, but Part 5 might actually come out before the next Charon.  :o

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Anarchist86ed on May 09, 2019, 10:05:39 PM
I can't believe I'm saying it, but Part 5 might actually come out before the next Charon.  :o

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Uncertainty!!!
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

Seriously though, great to hear it

Anarchist86ed

Thanks to YouTube I had to replace Charon, part one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCcIZoBtbrk

Anarchist86ed

Charon, Part 3 is 95% done and will release on the 25th.

Her name's Newt, not Rebecca. Administrator Carter brings the last Human survivor of Hadley's hope back to life, but will this facsimile be anything like the little girl it's based on?

Corporal Hicks

I'm really glad to hear it's coming on well now.

XenoHunter99

Look forward to that :)

Anarchist86ed

Anarchist86ed

Her name's Newt, not Rebecca. Administrator Carter brings the last Human survivor of Hadley's hope back to life, but will this facsimile be anything like the little girl it's based on?

YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LP9rxMuSV1g

MP3:

All episodes of Charon for download: [url=https://www.dropbox.com/sh/oqiehmrro1jwr6g/AAC58Uwz1baJfbv4nW_7lw_ga?dl=0]https://www.dropbox.com/sh/oqiehmrro1jwr6g/AAC58Uwz1baJfbv4nW_7lw_ga?dl=0

Now, of course, time for all those fun references and stuff.

Newt speaks with a hint of British. As you may know, Carrie Henn had a British accent when she made aliens. Our excuse is the computer couldn't fully replicate her voice because of the way she'd say certain words and just made her sound more British. Carter will mention this in part 4.

Newt plays a short clip from Aliens, then she has no more memory because all of the companies surveillance gear blacked out because "they cut the power".

Turning into a steamed ham. If you ever watched the Simpsons, you'd know.

Doggo. This shouldn't be something people in a retro futuristic society would say, right? Wrong. Because the concept of a selfie exists in the alien universe, a character in out of the shadows wanted to take a selfie with a dead queen.

Carter drops 5/25/79. The release date of this episode and also for Alien in 1979.

Anthony may have been related to Tony Soprano, and is cut off by Carter before he can explain what happened to his family one day.

Cinnamon toaster pastries SUCK.

Pepsi Perfect, the future is now. "We've all seen the commercial" Not only a reference to Back To The Future, but to the fake commercial for the product. Apparently BTTF is canon in our Alien universe since Pepsi Perfect is still made in 2181 and is like tradition.

Carter tries to explain why the company was Weylan-Yutani for a while, but gets cut off.

Beat it, robot. This don't concern you. Another BTTF reference. 3-D says "Hey, beat it, spook. This don't concern you."

McClaren mentions a bounty on some terrorists who caused some trouble on Plutus. The crew of Solara, or someone has a large bounty on their heads, but Kylen reminds us it's all classified. Charon takes place AFTER Solara.

Kylen uses "easy street" to punish the mercenary for his actions. Negan did the same thing to Daryl. A mercenary also says easy peasy lemon squeezy, yet another TWD reference. We've used it several times.

Thanks to YouTube I had to change the song during the "dance". This actually works out better, the other song was slow, and didn't sync with the retro 80's vibe we've been going with in the series.

Carter lies through his teeth about what happened to Ripley and the Marines.

The actress who performs newt is not a child, she just graduated high school.

"Bit on the nose". McClaren is just mentioning the song is the beginning of a romantic story between them.

The mercs say "copy that". It's a thing in the audible dramas.

"I don't actually work here."

Fine Kentucky red-eye. Buford Tannen enjoyed this drink.

I think we kept it kinda light on references this time since we focused on character development.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Anarchist86ed on May 25, 2019, 06:56:35 PM
Cinnamon toaster pastries SUCK.

Spoiler
I see what you did there.
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Fantastic! Am looking forward to giving this one a listen!

Anarchist86ed

We look forward to you listening.

Corporal Hicks

Dropbox link doesn't seem to be working.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed