Terminator game!

Started by nukem11, Jan 24, 2018, 10:54:43 PM

Author
Terminator game! (Read 3,398 times)

nukem11

nukem11

There were previous Terminator games but I thought they could make a modern version.
It could be a call of duty style Terminator game based on the first film. Using most set pieces from the film and adding a few additional ones throughout.

Terminator pic below
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10212302035078665&set=a.1169827438504.2026630.1012505099&type=3&theater

I used insert image tools but it didn't work.sorry.

Sabby

Sabby

I've always wanted to see a Terminator social stealth game, like Hitman with a T-1000. It would be easier to make it in the future timeline, since a T-1000 can't just take on everyone, but if you wanted to go for the past timeline, you could make a fairly interesting 3 player game. One plays as the Skynet target and has certain objectives to do in the level, like doing their job or buying groceries or enjoying the entertainment (depends on the level), but has to blend in as an A.I. in the level, play the part to hide. The T-800 and T-1000 both need to locate him in secret while also blending in and looking out for each other, one to kill him, preferably secret, and the other to intervene and give the target a chance to escape.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Sabby on Jan 24, 2018, 11:12:54 PM
I've always wanted to see a Terminator social stealth game, like Hitman with a T-1000. It would be easier to make it in the future timeline, since a T-1000 can't just take on everyone, but if you wanted to go for the past timeline, you could make a fairly interesting 3 player game. One plays as the Skynet target and has certain objectives to do in the level, like doing their job or buying groceries or enjoying the entertainment (depends on the level), but has to blend in as an A.I. in the level, play the part to hide. The T-800 and T-1000 both need to locate him in secret while also blending in and looking out for each other, one to kill him, preferably secret, and the other to intervene and give the target a chance to escape.

That could actually be really cool ! If well crafted, i would love to see that come to fruition.

N-Shifter

N-Shifter

I always loved this game:

Sabby

Sabby

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jan 25, 2018, 12:51:31 AM
Quote from: Sabby on Jan 24, 2018, 11:12:54 PM

That could actually be really cool ! If well crafted, i would love to see that come to fruition.

I know elements of this already exist in one of the later Assassins Creed games multiplayer mode. The whole concept of hiding as an NPC in multiplayer seems like untapped potential, and a perfect fit for Terminator.

nukem11

nukem11

I thought the megadrive version was good a shame they couldn't put the Sega cd game on it as well.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: nukem11 on Jan 25, 2018, 12:38:54 PM
I thought the megadrive version was good a shame they couldn't put the Sega cd game on it as well.

http://www.defunctgames.com/pic/review-theterminatorsegacd-big-2.jpg

Oh yes ! I loved this game ! Remember the first level, sometimes you had a rifle available at the beginning and sometimes you didn't, it drived me crazy as a kid  :laugh:

x-M-x

x-M-x

That game is a classic.... those where the days!  :)

Wweyland

Wweyland

A long time ago I played Sknet and Future Shock by Bethesda. They were first person shooters and one of the best Terminator games. I think they still are as no good games have been made since.

PsyKore

PsyKore

Personally, I think Terminator would work better as a stealth game. I'd be all for something fashioned in a similar style to Alien Isolation. And if you threw the T-1000 into the mix, with his shape shifting abilities, not always knowing if it's him or not, you could create some extremely scary scenarios.

Sabby

Sabby

When it comes to the T-1000, doesn't isolation kind of ruin it though? You'd know it's him, because it's something moving towards you. What if you were in public and literally any person could be the T-1000, and you had a sensor that told you when Terminator scanning was near you, so you only knew when you MIGHT be found out.

PsyKore

PsyKore

Isolation is just the name of that particular game, but there would be isolation in the sense that you wouldn't know who to trust. Characters you meet, or random people hanging about, could all be a T-1000 at any given moment.

Sabby

Sabby

Ah, when you used A:I as an example, I might have made some assumptions. Though now that I think about it, that also could work, but with a T-800.

JungleHunter87

JungleHunter87

Personally I'd be down for a Hitman: Blood Money type game. Bethesda did one AGES ago on the PC for The Terminator.

If they do a Future War game. It should be like Fallout survival mode without the perks and zany weapons.

Surprised nobody mentioned this -

I used to love playing it, back in the day.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Quote from: JungleHunter87 on Jan 30, 2018, 11:35:11 PM
Personally I'd be down for a Hitman: Blood Money type game. Bethesda did one AGES ago on the PC for The Terminator.

If they do a Future War game. It should be like Fallout survival mode without the perks and zany weapons.

Surprised nobody mentioned this -
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/ef/The_Terminator-_Dawn_of_Fate.jpg/220px-The_Terminator-_Dawn_of_Fate.jpg
I used to love playing it, back in the day.

I have seen this game being called underrated a lot. I have it on a PS2 disc but don't currently have an actual PS2 to play it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed