Two things I liked from the AVP Reuqiem

Started by nukem11, Jan 22, 2018, 12:32:48 PM

Author
Two things I liked from the AVP Reuqiem (Read 11,932 times)

D88M

Tyler did the best he could with what he got, he is a decent composer, he just gets a lot of bad movies :(

PsyKore

I liked the National Guard scene. It's just a throwback to Aliens, but I mean, just seeing Aliens killing Soldiers is cool.

Huggs

Quote from: PsyKore on May 08, 2018, 11:39:37 AM
I liked the National Guard scene. It's just a throwback to Aliens, but I mean, just seeing Aliens killing Soldiers is cool.

It's a very underrated movie. If you break it down piece by piece, there was actually a lot of cool stuff to see there. Cool sets, lots of action, lots of creatures, and a Predator that was nobody's friend. Easily the best of the two, in my opinion. Although I do enjoy the uncut versions of both very much. For such low budgets, they sure were fun movies. Nothing wrong with a good popcorn flick. I hope we see a lot more of these from Disney in the future.

TheBATMAN

I love the scene where the Pred eye flashes and cloaks in front of Ray. It's topped off by using the original sound effect from P1 of the wrist blades coming out.

And I'll always be grateful to the Strauses for binning Anderson's 'improved' look and returning to the original Pred heat vision and sound effects. They are such a staple of the character and I hope Shane Black recognises that too.

Huggs

Quote from: TheBATMAN on May 08, 2018, 08:19:46 PM
I love the scene where the Pred eye flashes and cloaks in front of Ray. It's topped off by using the original sound effect from P1 of the wrist blades coming out.

One of the best shots of the movie.

SM

SM

Quote from: PsyKore on May 08, 2018, 11:39:37 AM

I didn't see shit.

And that shot of the guy walking up to check out the car - but not noticing the Alien right next to him was beyond moronic.

Wweyland

I like that people can't spell the title.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: Wweyland on May 08, 2018, 10:03:10 PM
I like that people can't spell the title.

I liked the look and movements of Wolf (aside from the unmasked face which was barely better than the previous film.)

I also like the scene where the girl gets pinned to a wall by the predator shuriken. That was a cool effect and it changed my mind on the weapon itself. Originally I felt like it was a poor replacement for the disc but its grown on me.

OpenMaw

Quote from: SM on May 08, 2018, 09:30:18 PM
I didn't see shit.

And that shot of the guy walking up to check out the car - but not noticing the Alien right next to him was beyond moronic.

Yeah, the comparison between it and Aliens is very rudimentary. Aliens is twenty times better executed in every way. The setup, the tension, the follow through, the characters we've come to like up to this point being both observers and in the thick of it. Watching as all control slips away from the human characters and the Aliens stir to life.

That shot with the soldier looking in the window is so clearly the Strause Bros trying ot do a shot similar to Dietrich's death, but the shot in Aliens is just so much more damn effective and cool. That son of a bitch is right there in the wall! Holy sh*t!

Listening to Mark Rolston talk about when that scene first screened in the theater and how the audience just stood up... Man I would have loved to see Aliens back in 86 on the big screen.

Wweyland

Predator 2 ripped off the Aliens scene much better.

SM

SM

That it did.

BishopShouldGo

Cool scenes of soldiers shooting at the xenos should be a franchise staple at this point.

By the way, Sam Trammell did a great job as the father.

Scorpio

If you just edit the movie from the predator's point of view, the movie might work.  As a teenage drama, it doesn't work.  Although, I don't think Johnny Lewis is a bad actor playing a troubled kid, he turned out to be troubled in real life.  The other actors did not do very good with the script they were given (I don't blame them), but it would work perfectly if it was from the predator's point of view.

You could edit it down, cut out the teenage drama stuff.  "Who ordered the meatlovers".. just putrid dialogue and scenes.

If the movie was just about the predator going to the town and dealing with the aliens, you wouldn't have this problem.  Would be a fun b-movie like Critters 2.  Maybe the predator could even use pizza boy as bait for aliens.

SM

SM

You'd still have a Predator beating up in impotent Aliens.

SiL

It would every bit as devoid of interest or tension. Wolf's never in danger until the very, very end.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed