New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios

Started by Moosh89, Jan 17, 2018, 05:20:48 PM

Author
New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios (Read 154,344 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 09, 2019, 11:00:53 AM
Quote from: SiL on Jan 09, 2019, 09:56:09 AM
Ran a couple of years. There's apparently been a revival recently online but I only just found out about that looking for a review. You can find gameplay on YouTube.

It was made playable offline back around 08, I think. I remember downloading it and playing against AIs.

https://gamesnostalgia.com/en/game/aliens-online

I've not tried it yet but I imagine it'll struggle on Windows 10.

Actually it loads up but can't select Aliens and only enter SCARE as Marine. I'm sure there's some modification to be made to be able to get into the maps but offline. Lemme see if I can find it.

Yeah, there is. On the main frigging page. Will give that a shot.

Hmm. Those changes were already in the download.

Never mind, I figured it. You just change the map, enter SCARE and then you're in the map. Just tried 2 levels, ran into some Alien AIs. So yeah, it still works. :)

LV-12986

Never played destiny so can someone explain its style??

Local Trouble

Quote from: The Old One on Jan 09, 2019, 03:54:01 AM
Quote from: Stitch on Jan 08, 2019, 08:29:20 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 08, 2019, 08:17:54 PM
What are the chances that the developers actually resist the temptation to introduce tons of unnecessary variations of the alien in this?

Slim. I'm expecting an entire Kenner menagerie.

Ugh.

And the fans will eat it up.  They loooooves them some praetorians.

TheSailingRabbit

Pretty sure something like this could be claustrophobic as f**k, but with plenty of elements for sandbox or roleplay.

Aliens and Marines should get plenty of customization options. Not Kenner-esque stuff, though. Stuff that would make sense within the world, and force players to work as a team.

Although, it'd be interesting to have a mode where you and your Marines are pitted against one Alien with Isolation-level AI. Work together to keep yourselves from getting picked off one by one.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Jan 09, 2019, 02:42:35 PM
Pretty sure something like this could be claustrophobic as f**k, but with plenty of elements for sandbox or roleplay.

You might be able to marry Hudson after all!  ;D

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 09, 2019, 03:32:53 PM
Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Jan 09, 2019, 02:42:35 PM

You might be able to marry Hudson after all!  ;D

That . . .

I can't . . .

No . . .

Voodoo Magic

On the serious topic where roleplay can be an encouraged byproduct in a MMO game, I do know of two real-life couples, one of them married, who met while playing World of Warcraft.

Who knows, this game may result in a couple of Alien fan couples, which would be kind of cool.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 09, 2019, 03:58:40 PM
On the serious topic where roleplay can be an encouraged byproduct in a MMO game, I do know of two real-life couples, one of them married, who met while playing World of Warcraft.

Who knows, this game may result in a couple of Alien fan couples, which would be kind of cool.

"So, how'd you two meet?"

"I ripped a facehugger off him before it could kill him with a chestburster."

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Jan 09, 2019, 04:02:52 PM

That's so romantic I'm tearing up.  :'(

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 09, 2019, 04:10:17 PM
Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Jan 09, 2019, 04:02:52 PM

That's so romantic I'm tearing up.  :'(

"I ended up letting my other friend get head-bitten, but it was worth it."

Hudson

Anyone here play DayZ? How awesome would it be for a world like that to contain Aliens? (I think there's even been an Alien mod for one of the Arma games). Just imagine wandering around a huge landscape, somewhat sparsely populated save for other humans, either random or those who've entered in your party, and AI (or, f**k it, human controlled) Xenomorphs wandering the landscape.

It will never happen, but I can dream.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Hudson on Jan 09, 2019, 05:32:00 PM
Anyone here play DayZ? How awesome would it be for a world like that to contain Aliens? (I think there's even been an Alien mod for one of the Arma games). Just imagine wandering around a huge landscape, somewhat sparsely populated save for other humans, either random or those who've entered in your party, and AI (or, f**k it, human controlled) Xenomorphs wandering the landscape.

It will never happen, but I can dream.

I think there's a thread about the mod for Arma, but I could be mistaken. Familiar, but not ringing too much of a bell.

Nostromo

Quote from: The Old One on Jan 09, 2019, 10:39:00 AM
The standard's WOW.
But...

Well, as any Genre can have outliers.
MMO- doesn't necessarily mean
what we think it's going to mean.

Examples;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N33z6Wjicyk

Played that Star Wars MMORPG for a longgg time in the early to mid 2000's, great game and fun, especially with friends from previous games etc. Until Sony ruined it of course.

I need to read up more on this new Aliens game, not the mobile one, could care less about it unless it's a smart interesting game and reviews are great. Don't even feel like talking about the mobile one anymore, I'm outta there.

But this could be interesting and great, now where to read more info about it.

AhabPredator

Quote from: LV-12986 on Jan 09, 2019, 01:45:23 PM
Never played destiny so can someone explain its style??

Destiny? You mean a shell of a game where *most* content is locked behind (literally) DLC paywalls after paying $59.99 for a game with skeleton level content while the muscles, flesh, and fat of the game are $20-39.99 per "expansion?" All if said assets are of course already existing in the game.

In Destiny, I was able to bug thru a map to see the location that would eventually be a DLC area. Granted it was an exploit and you can feel one way or the other about that...but it proves they put as little effort into the game as possible and turned it into a system of DLC cash grabs. It's not all bad...at least some of the dungeons and raids were fun.

The Old One

The Old One

I think he wants to know about the gameplay, progression, narrative.
But I wouldn't know where to begin frankly.

It's a loot shooter, I suppose.
With a world with no story or personality whatsoever.

Actually, it's just a shit version of Warframe.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed