New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios

Started by Moosh89, Jan 17, 2018, 05:20:48 PM

Author
New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios (Read 154,356 times)

Corporal Hicks

I'm hoping if they're aiming larger we'll see some new XT species. Gives some potential for new hybrids too.

EVIL the PREDATOR

EVIL the PREDATOR

I'll be honest , I think it's cool a new game is coming out , but isn't it time a new concrete jungle styled predator game , comes out. Predator seems perfect for a open world hunting game . Why hadn't that happened . The last time we seen an official predator only game was back on the ps2 , why is he being neglected for so long ?

Gamestorm Reject

Gamestorm Reject

Aliens Online, if anyone remembers it, was kinda like battlefield but no flags. This would be awesome if done right

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Gamestorm Reject on Jan 29, 2018, 05:27:55 AM
Aliens Online, if anyone remembers it, was kinda like battlefield but no flags. This would be awesome if done right

I played some of Aliens Online offline a good few years back. I still have the game files but I don't believe it works anymore.

Quote from: EVIL the PREDATOR on Jan 27, 2018, 12:54:36 PM
I'll be honest , I think it's cool a new game is coming out , but isn't it time a new concrete jungle styled predator game , comes out. Predator seems perfect for a open world hunting game . Why hadn't that happened . The last time we seen an official predator only game was back on the ps2 , why is he being neglected for so long ?

Completely agree. We've overdue for a Predator-only game. Still waiting for my open-galaxy game.

Scorpio

QuoteAlthough there's little in the way of concrete information regarding the studio's new Alien project, intended for release on PC and consoles, it will apparently "explore areas of the universe that fans haven't gotten to experience".

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-01-17-fox-buys-developer-cold-iron-studios-to-begin-work-on-a-new-alien-shooter

According to eurogamer, "explore areas of the universe that fans haven't gotten to experience", this does not sound like Colonial Marines to me.

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, that phrase was in all the press releases. Just like the format, that could mean literally anything at this point. I really can't wait to find out something specific.

Perfect-Organism

I'd love to see some new twists on existing vehicles.  Maybe a medic APC?  Or just all new vehicles influenced by existing aliens look

Apollo

Whatever this game turns out to be I'd like to see something that isn't just locked down to 'Aliens' , maybe something that covers the entire series in different ways. Not just a multiplayer shooter involving the USCM. These guys had a hand in Star Trek Online right?  what if they did not an MMO as such, but a game community based and allows you to travel and explore LV-426 and Fury 161, dock at Sevastopol for supplies , gateway station in Earths orbit, discover the engineers and harvest the " Black Goo" , see planets and ideas that we never ever got to see in the movies.
Actually reading that back , it does sound a little MMO..... but man the Alien Universe has so much depth that it deserves to be explored.

Seegson

Thats the thing, alien universe is so cool and wide that you can make a good mmo about it

EVIL the PREDATOR

EVIL the PREDATOR

I hope it has the same attention to detail isolation but with a much bigger scope .. also I think we should have the ability to kill the Xenos because it was way too stressful to play for me . Or better still make it a true alien game , in the sense of playing the iconic beast himself through the various stages of his evolution . I'm just tired of playing a man with a gun in every game that comes out .

Rabbit2100

What if it's set after the events of resurrection? There have to be other ships with crews like the Betty, gettin into all kinds of space pirate hijinks, fighting against some marine soldier types, also there's xenomorphs.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Rabbit2100 on Jan 31, 2018, 07:58:18 AM
What if it's set after the events of resurrection? There have to be other ships with crews like the Betty, gettin into all kinds of space pirate hijinks, fighting against some marine soldier types, also there's xenomorphs.

I can just see the crowds lining up now.

It would be cool for hardcore fans, but other than that, I can't imagine this being a sales success.

prototypeXIII

Finally! Lets hope this one isn't a bomb.  Really wish we had a successful (popular AVP game). 2010 isnt that bad, the lack of support however is what killed the game.  Removing the Aliens/Predator/AVP universe from the clutches of sega will be a large boon.

EVIL the PREDATOR

EVIL the PREDATOR

What if they made a game about the space jockeys , and their quest to rid the galaxy of humanity ? Sort of a sci if war game,  Aliens as weapons you can use sounds cool for a video game . Also throw some predator canon in there , So you are not invincible and I think we would have a good game on our hands if done right , also keep the scope on par with no mans sky ( only better!!!)

D. Compton Ambrose

"Aliens as weapons you can use"? What?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed