New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios

Started by Moosh89, Jan 17, 2018, 05:20:48 PM

Author
New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios (Read 153,837 times)

Scorpio

I'll be excited if this is based on the new movies and not Aliens, like most of the video games are.

windebieste

Awaiting more announcements.

'ALIEN Isolation' raised the bar super high in terms of what the expectations of what AI can do now.   If it's just another 'A:CM', then they can keep it.

-Windebieste.

D. Compton Ambrose

The "infinite story game" trend is getting really annoying and I hope its more story and character-driven than gameplay-driven.

dinosauriac

Two ways this can go- either it'll be Overwatch with Aliens, or your bog standard MMO with Aliens. Both will probably be based around loot box economies. Neither sound super appealing to me.

A quick google shows Cold Iron Studios talking about an "out of this world" AAA project they were working on in early 2016... reading between the lines that means this might have been in production for nearly 2 years now. If that's the case then at least it won't be a horribly rushed out tie-in to Prometheus 3 I guess. Good luck to them, they'll have their work cut out if they want to make good playable xenos. That'd be the one thing which might seriously pique my interest.

JungleHunter87

JungleHunter87

With this being an FPS MMO. I don't have much hope for it NOT being a loot box/microtransactions fest. It's playability will be key, if FOX wants this game to have a long shelf life.

It's not the kind of Alien/s game I was hoping for. Hopefully it won't be a major letdown a la A:CM.

Xhan

Xhan

Quotebeen in production for nearly 2 years now

With the employee count they have for this to be an "AAA" game, the bespoke employees would LITERALLY have to be the best in business to make an AAA game, considering the logistical necessity.

Quotehopefully this doesn't mean that a sequel to Isolation is off the cards though.

QuoteI can't help but be a little disappointed it isn't Isolation 2

Anyone with access to LinkedIn could have told  (and did) there was not going to be an IsolAlien 2 after the return numbers started coming in. Too niche, too expensive and SEGA would have had to front CA a rather large chunk of money to keep that many people whom came on just to make this game to begin with, and then turned them to another project immediately to make the kind of money SEGA expected them to make.

SEGA is just now figuring out how to retain customers AND staff other than the TW team(s), and they sure as hell weren't committed then.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xhan on Jan 18, 2018, 06:08:22 AM
Anyone with access to LinkedIn could have told  (and did) there was not going to be an IsolAlien 2 after the return numbers started coming in. Too niche, too expensive and SEGA would have had to front CA a rather large chunk of money to keep that many people whom came on just to make this game to begin with, and then turned them to another project immediately to make the kind of money SEGA expected them to make.

Oh, I know. I think most of us have known it's not going to be happening. But it's still disappointing.

Quote from: dinosauriac on Jan 18, 2018, 01:50:38 AM
Two ways this can go- either it'll be Overwatch with Aliens, or your bog standard MMO with Aliens. Both will probably be based around loot box economies. Neither sound super appealing to me.

I'm hoping that the stink that has been thrown up around Battlefront 2 will make them careful when it comes to Lootcrates. I really can't be arsed with it being a heavily crated system.

It uses the trees

It uses the trees

I'm hoping this game tackles some thing's that AVP 2010 missed like customization. I've always wanted to have a xeno who's life cycle and growth you could control, evolving better armor or claws. Maybe invest "evolution" points into becoming a preatorain or something. Maybe have perk trees where you choose between power, speed, or senses. The human equivalent could be rank and equipment. Then multiplayer could be truly dynamic and asymmetric. There's so much potential here. I don't know if anyone played the AVP mobile game where you could completely customize your character and each choice brought benefits and drawbacks. It was so much fun. Shamelessly bring in CoD like killstreak rewards like 20 kills and you get to be a queen or a power armor suit. Man, the list goes on. Please don't mess this up! This franchise is a sleeping giant. Someone finally utilize it like they did with alien iso!!!

The Snipes

Does anyone here wish that they cashed all in and tried to make this an AVP game instead?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: It uses the trees on Jan 18, 2018, 09:35:03 AM
I'm hoping this game tackles some thing's that AVP 2010 missed like customization.

The customization was something I actually really liked in Colonial Marines. I think it'd be a miss to not have some sort of customisation in this new game as it's become such a feature of modern games.

Quote from: The Snipes on Jan 18, 2018, 10:46:31 AM
Does anyone here wish that they cashed all in and tried to make this an AVP game instead?

To be honest, I'm still hoping for a new AvP and a new standalone Predator game down the line. There's space for all. However, 2010 does still have some life in it - usually at least 2 active servers going. On PC, at least.

Alienon

If this game don't be the AvP, we can still get 3 race: humans, aliens, engineers. Thx RS, predators are no longer needed.

JokersWarPig

Co-op would be nice.
ACM with buddies on Ultimate Bad Ass was great fun wise.

Wweyland

I wish this was a good self-contained story with more focus on horror and less on action.

Hemi

An Aliens game like Killing Floor 2. That's what I want to see.

If it's focus is going to be multiplayer then FCK single player story sht that will only leave us wonder, like Isolation and ACM did.

Propper game mechanics, those last 2 stories were horrid.

Battlefield/front with Colonial Marines.... I can live with that too.

RidgeTop

Quote from: Hemi on Jan 18, 2018, 03:56:43 PM
An Aliens game like Killing Floor 2. That's what I want to see.

Killing Floor 2 would actually be a good template to follow, if this is indeed co-op survival rather than Marine players vs Alien players. I suppose preferably you'd have both modes. KF2 was cosmetic only with it's loot.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed