The Merlin Saga

Started by ace3g, Jan 05, 2018, 12:07:48 AM

Author
The Merlin Saga (Read 13,442 times)

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 16, 2019, 06:26:15 PM
or Disney meddling with their gender politics again?

How come? Evil male spirit yes, but female? ;D

CristianoRonaldo7

CristianoRonaldo7

I hope Ridley left this movie. Ridley has better projects. Even GLADIATOR 2

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Counselor 2: Electric Boogaloo

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: CristianoRonaldo7 on Jul 29, 2018, 12:05:18 AM
I can't wait. Ridley Scott is my favorite director of all time.

Quote from: CristianoRonaldo7 on Feb 17, 2019, 09:05:12 PM

That's quite a change of heart, what happened?  ???

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Well, with pre-existing source material, there's a chance that a Scott Merlin can't be as bad as his Robin Hood.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Have you read Barron's books or maybe the script itself (it it exists)?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

No, I haven't read either.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 17, 2019, 09:06:22 PM
Counselor 2: Electric Boogaloo

The original is so good even Scott's "sworn enemies" call it a masterpiece.  :laugh:

https://twitter.com/NeillBlomkamp/status/1097383415932870656

Ingwar

Ingwar

Guillermo del Toro loves The Counselor.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

And yet it's still shit. McCarthy should stick to his strengths and write novels.

blingy

CristianoRonaldo7

CristianoRonaldo7

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 17, 2019, 09:17:30 PM

.                                                                                  My All Time Favorite is 81 so he only has 5 movies in his future. Maybe 6. I prefer better projects for him like GLADIATOR 2, BATTLE OF BRITAIN, Westerns, THE CARTEL or THE FORCE

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 19, 2019, 01:18:44 AM
And yet it's still shit. McCarthy should stick to his strengths and write novels.

I wouldn't cal it shit. It's weird and different but shit? No. But I agree, Cormac should write novels instead of scripts. On the other hand No Country for Old Men who originally written as a screenplay.

If this was directed by unknown person reviews would have been less negative or maybe even positive. But because Scott did it people expected something else.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

The Counselor is very divisive. It's either a piece of shyte or a masterpiece depending on who you ask. There's no middle-ground apparently.

They say the Unrated Extended Cut is the version to see. Haven't seen that cut yet but reportedly it adds another 20 minutes to the film.

Quote from: CristianoRonaldo7 on Feb 19, 2019, 03:50:02 AM

.                                                                                  My All Time Favorite is 81 so he only has 5 movies in his future. Maybe 6. I prefer better projects for him like GLADIATOR 2, BATTLE OF BRITAIN, Westerns, THE CARTEL or THE FORCE

Okay, I was just asking because originally you were onboard with Riddles directing Merlin.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 19, 2019, 05:51:31 PM
The Counselor is very divisive. It's either a piece of shyte or a masterpiece depending on who you ask. There's no middle-ground apparently.

They say the Unrated Extended Cut is the version to see. Haven't seen that cut yet but reportedly it adds another 20 minutes to the film.

I'm one of those people who don't call it a shit or a masterpiece. I'm somewhere in the middle. Theatrical cut is much better than extended one which brings nothing new. Movie is just loooonger. Sometimes less means more.

CristianoRonaldo7

CristianoRonaldo7

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 19, 2019, 05:51:31 PM

Quote from: CristianoRonaldo7 on Feb 19, 2019, 03:50:02 AM

Okay, I was just asking because originally you were onboard with Riddles directing Merlin.
.                                                                                         IƱarritu and Cuaron love THE COUNSELOR. I think THE COUNSELOR is like a cult film. Even Spielberg loved it

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed