Remake?

Started by Xxx.95xx, Jan 04, 2018, 06:47:02 PM

Author
Remake? (Read 2,972 times)

Xxx.95xx

Xxx.95xx

Any news on a remastered edition or remake for ps4 or Xbox 1?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm afraid there's been nothing. There's not been a great deal of movement on the gaming side of things, except some cameos in other existing properties.

Kailem

Kailem

Sadly I feel like the future is pretty bleak for Aliens and Predator video games. Not just because of the damage Colonial Marines caused to the brand (which was remedied somewhat by Isolation, but not complete) but also because I feel that while these games have often been successful and profitable in the past (in general) they've probably never been up to the "we've got to sell 5 billion copies in the first day of release or else we're taking the entire development team out behind the chemical sheds for execution" levels of successful that publishers seem to demand these days, especially given the ever-increasing cost of producing AAA games for the current generation.

There are only a few major third-party publishers left and the mid-tier of games has pretty much been destroyed. Basically if it's not an idea or brand that's guaranteed to (potentially) make an absolute ton of cash most people won't bother with it, and sadly I just don't feel like these franchises would be deemed as fitting that category.  :(

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

THere's no doubt AVP and other alien games are the most popular in FOx's list of games (however nill it is). That said, they don't publish triple A titles to begin with and money is a big issue since (again) they don't publish major titled games that sell.Now that Disney has the ball this may change the ball game entirely because they have been publishing a ton of marvel crap and that in itself pays for alot of things. Now hand the franchise over to say any of the major game makers with great engines to begin with and you have yourself a great a game done efficiently.

I don't see a ACM remake, but from some concept art that I've seen, there can be a change in tone,pace and atmosphere.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

AVP2010 was not a bad game, mediocre maybe but still had some fun gameplay, I would like to see it remastered, although it would be better if the previous ones were given that attention as they were superior.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Try the PC version, it's the best of them and works well on modern systems with high widescreen resolutions (doesn't even need a remaster).

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Problem with that is that as a bit of a completionist, I need to get those achievements, I hate to leave them like that. If I got them all, I probably would get the steam version.

I think there needs to be system where if servers go dead, any online achievements is automatically awarded to you. True its a cheap way to get it but at least you want have a bunch of incomplete lists then.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed