DISNEY should give ALIEN to -

Started by CainsSon, Dec 28, 2017, 07:16:43 PM

Author
DISNEY should give ALIEN to - (Read 6,841 times)

CainsSon

CainsSon

THE DUFFER BROS. and let them map out a trilogy.

Maybe start with but make adjustments to BLOMKAMP's thing. Whether he directs or not.

Also I expect a AVP animated series from Disney at some point.

Prof. a

Prof. a

Assuming the deal goes through (it has to pass several regulatory hurdles), my guess is that the series could get shelved or a lower budget film/miniseries will be made to entice customers to Disney's new streaming service. Disney's theatrical track record is big budget films with expectations of very high grosses (Star Wars, Marvel, Beauty and the Beast). You are not going to get that (in this movie going climate) with any Alien film - R/PG-13, Covenant sequel, Blomkamp Alien 5, etc.

Who knows...

skhellter

skhellter

A good bet....

Blomkamp's film will never happen.

This series will go to JJ Abrams' Bad Robot

and JJ will oversee a rebooted Alien series.

Corporal Hicks

All the while wishing he'd rather be on Predator.

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: skhellter on Dec 29, 2017, 08:29:32 AM
A good bet....

One could dream.

BlazinBlueReview

Id be on board for a JJ Alien series. That would have massive potential

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: skhellter on Dec 29, 2017, 08:29:32 AM
A good bet....

For a tv show it could be interesting, but for a movie i doubt that's a good thing... Abrams visual style is better suited for TV.

Gruyères

Gruyères

I know he's the à la mode director right now, but I really, really think the aesthetics and cold, paused tempos of Villeneuve could bring back the alien to Alien.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Villeneuve is good on the visual side but I don't know if he has the right sensibilities to do Alien. 

Ash 937

Ash 937

They should give the Alien franchise to George Lucas for awhile.  He needs something to do.

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: Ash 937 on Jan 04, 2018, 03:07:06 AM
They should give the Alien franchise to George Lucas for awhile.  He needs something to do.

D. Compton Ambrose

God no not Lucas. Maybe Peter Jackson if they're going to go where I think they're going to go. I'd pick Jennifer Kent for mine.

SM

SM

Peter Jackson was offered Resurrection but wasn't interested.

Local Trouble

They should have offered Resurrection to Sam Raimi since they were obviously willing to go full-goofball.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Sam Raimi is good at straight horror, the first evil dead proved that but even then his humor creeps in a little. I think he could make a good Alien movie but there would definitely be some morbid humor in it.

Drag me to hell showed he still got the horror chops but again there was humor in that and like evil dead, it dealt with demons, creatures that Raimi gives sadistic yet comedic personalities.

Xenomorphs don't have a sense of humor nor comedy so Raimi would have to constantly resist the urge to have the Xeno go "we are going to get you, we are going to get you, not another peep, time to go to sleep" lol

Peter Jackson would not be a bad choice but not sure an Alien films needs to be so grand and massive in scale, which is really why Prometheus and Covenant didn't do as good as expected.

James Cameron is a good choice as he likely would not rehash the earlier movies.

Perhaps Danny boyle or Neil Marshal as they have done decent horrors before.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed