Neill Blomkamp Shares New Alien 5 Concept Art

Started by RidgeTop, Dec 27, 2017, 04:04:57 AM

Author
Neill Blomkamp Shares New Alien 5 Concept Art (Read 74,080 times)

The Old One

The Old One

It's an unnecessary complication to the shooting script, which just had no egg- implying stowaway Facehuggers instead of a stationary object, (the egg) the shot shouldn't be in the film.

Oasis Nadrama

Thank you for your answers. Now I half-remember having read some of these pages years ago...

And having giggled at a particularly funny post, "They just can't admit that Bishop did it", and the banner another member did, Easter Egg fashion, with a joking Bishop carrying the egg wrapped like a present or something.  ;D

Personally I find it way less terrible than the changed shape of the cryotubes, because you can always bullshit a quick explanation for Alien stuff (which doesn't mean it isn't a plothole, don't kill me, I know what a plothole is, and the egg placement definitely is one, now that you explain the thing), but I don't see a quick explanation for shapeshifting machines.

The Old One

The Old One

Complaining about the Cryotubes always seemed silly to me, like the pulse rifle sound effect. It's purely aesthetic and doesn't matter.

SM

I'm not sure the egg qualifies as a plot hole.

One hugger implanting multiple embryos however possibly does though.

D. Compton Ambrose

Quote from: SM on Feb 11, 2019, 12:14:24 AM
Not really. Twins.

SM

A plothole is something that goes against what's been established and isn't addressed.  I think that could qualify.

Perfect-Organism

There could have been more than one egg off camera or an egg and a facehugger could have made it onto the ship.  Either way, wrong thread folks.

Necronomicon II

Necronomicon II

It's just plain ol sloppiness. ;D

The Old One

The Old One

Or no Egg, two Facehuggers. One dead on the Sulaco, burned away in the electrical fire and one on the EEV.
The mistake of a single studio insert, that caused a decade's worth of inane arguments.

Sigh

Alien³

Quote from: SM on Feb 11, 2019, 12:14:24 AM
I'm not sure the egg qualifies as a plot hole.

Thank god for the Assembly Cut.

SM

Two huggers coming from one egg possibly qualifies as a plot hole too.

Alien³

Alien³

No doubt, but an arguably smaller hole, if that is how one sees the events playing out.

The Old One

The Old One

No egg, no plot hole.

https://tinyurl.com/AlienTimeline

Huggs

Quote from: SM on Feb 11, 2019, 07:22:22 PM
Two huggers coming from one egg possibly qualifies as a plot hole too.

So she had twins. What's the big deal?  ;)

Corporal Hicks

It's not exactly far-fetched. I could buy into sometimes you get 2 huggers but I'd want to see it done deliberately.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed