Alien xenomorph
Aliens xenomorph
Alien 3 xenomorph
Alien resurrection xenomorph
Prometheus Deacon
Queen Alien
Alien: Covenant
Author
What is your favorite xenomorph design? (Read 8,846 times)

Elmazalman

The original and still the best (imo) :

FenGiddel

Ever and always the H. R. Giger original:

• the prehensile tail
  • the head shape
  • the spines
  • the wicked flayed intricacies of its biomechanical body
  • the prominent collar bone,
  • the clawed hands and feet
  • the exo-ribcage
  • the jawline
  • the eye-holes
  • the elbow- and heel-spikes
Even with all the flaws inherent in 'a-man-in-a-rubber-suit'.

It even offers a Giger-esque suggestion of its true sexual nature, if you know where to look...

Kel G 426

Hate that I have to choose between the Queen and the Aliens xenomorph.  They're both good designs, just different.

Alien & Aliens xenomorph are virtually the same, but I prefer the dome-less head of the latter.

Elmazalman

Quote from: FenGiddel on Feb 10, 2018, 03:30:00 PM

• the prehensile tail
  • the head shape
  • the spines
  • the exo-ribcage
  • the jawline
  • the eye-holes

It even offers a Giger-esque suggestion of its true sexual nature, if you know where to look...

All of the above, plus it's prominent lizard-like Adam's apple and throat, which gave it a reptilian quality.

Gash

Quote from: Kelgaard on Feb 10, 2018, 08:20:02 PM
Hate that I have to choose between the Queen and the Aliens xenomorph.  They're both good designs, just different.

Alien & Aliens xenomorph are virtually the same, but I prefer the dome-less head of the latter.

They're miles apart IMO. Not as far as ADI would take them, but still the differences between the creature design in ALIEN and Aliens is substantial.

Local Trouble

Gash

I personally like that the eye holes are there, a vestige of it's human building blocks - I just don't need to see them blatantly. Therefore the dome serves as the perfect way to enhance the idea whilst disguising it.

D. Compton Ambrose

The only ones I really don't like are the Deacon and the Protomorph. The Dragon also has a special place in my heart:

As well as the original design by Giger:

Vermillion

Biomechanoid

The original is the only version that gave me a true sense of dread, so it's still the king for me. But I can't say I turn my nose up on the various alterations over the years, they just never provoked a sense of dread for me. But then a lot of it has to do with my overall view of all the films in the franchise....

There's Alien 79.........

Then there's the rest of the Alien films.

Wweyland

The first one is, of course, a classic but I love the runner design.

Huggs

Quote from: Elmazalman on Feb 10, 2018, 10:34:24 PM
Quote from: FenGiddel on Feb 10, 2018, 03:30:00 PM

• the prehensile tail
  • the head shape
  • the spines
  • the exo-ribcage
  • the jawline
  • the eye-holes

All of the above, plus it's prominent lizard-like Adam's apple and throat, which gave it a reptilian quality.

The original alien was like an indian larry build. There was just more mechanical stuff to see. And it was beautiful. I still would've liked to have seen a fully grown deacon though.

Elmazalman

A fully matured Deacon would have been interesting. What little screen time it got though was welcome.

xeno_alpha_07

My favorites go like this:

Alien
Alien 3
Aliens

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: D. Compton Ambrose on Feb 11, 2018, 04:13:52 AM
The only ones I really don't like are the Deacon and the Protomorph. The Dragon also has a special place in my heart:

https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/TyVkuMfEM46MRDF7uXmEng--/YXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjtzbT0xO3c9NzQ0O2g9MzE0/http://media.zenfs.com/en/homerun/feed_manager_auto_publish_494/edb1a739f09b4d10fbbc2d360aefe397

As well as the original design by Giger:

I just finished watching the special feature / making of ALIEN3( again ;) ). In it Giger is showing the sketches for an ALIEN with lips and a feminine look for the film. In the feature Tom Woodruff mentioned Giger told them he was working on a full size maquette. Is that what your second picture is? Is it from the Giger Museum?

Thanks

D

PS

My favorite's: the 1st ALIEN then the Dog Alien from A3. I do think the swimming Aliens from Rez were kinda cool  8)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed