Battlefield V

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 18, 2017, 02:03:41 PM

Author
Battlefield V (Read 12,134 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-12-15-no-2018s-battlefield-game-isnt-bad-company-3

No official confirmation but it looks like Battlefield 2018 is going to be WW2, being developed by DICE's main studio with DICE LA working on Bad Company 3 for sometime after 2018.

I really hope the BC3 info is legit. I've been dying for a new one for a long time!

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Considering Daq leaked BF1 long before it came out (No one believed him at the time  :laugh:) I think its safe to say this is legit. Especially considering that all the Youtube Battlefield personalities
Spoiler
Who've all been trying their hardest to ruin battlefield with their god awful suggestions
[close]
have pretty much confirmed that BC3 is not the next one but instead coming later.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm not sure I'll be able to get excited for a WW2 but a BC3 will have me pretty hyped!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

About 2:45. I need to stop hoping for a BF2143.  :'(

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 21, 2017, 10:20:28 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SR7SzmxB7I

About 2:45. I need to stop hoping for a BF2143.  :'(
As much as I'd like to see a 2143 in the next few years, I doubt EA would greenlight it as long as that trainwreck of a Battlefront series is slugging around

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-01-31-biowares-anthem-will-launch-spring-2019-ea-confirms

QuoteEA execs made various references to an unannounced Battlefield game due later this year - presumably in the series' usual November slot. And it's because of this, Wilson said, that EA wanted to move Anthem clear.

"We are really excited by the way the next Battlefield is shaping up and it probably doesn't make sense to launch Anthem right up next to it. And when you think about Anthem as a brand new IP, we also believe it make sense to give it its own launch window so that we can give us a focus and attention that it deserve and give it some free air."

EA has yet to say anything about what this year's Battlefield will be, but Eurogamer sources recently poured cold water on rumours that 2018's game would be a revival of the much-loved Battlefield Bad Company sub-series. After a game set in WW1, a WW2 follow-up seems to make more sense.

Coming October 2018. Not there was much surprise in that.

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Dec 22, 2017, 03:37:50 AM
As much as I'd like to see a 2143 in the next few years, I doubt EA would greenlight it as long as that trainwreck of a Battlefront series is slugging around

It's unfortunate but you're likely right.  :'(

Corporal Hicks

N-Shifter

N-Shifter

I assume "V" for Victory as opposed to being the roman numeral of 5, but then again......

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, I wasn't sure how 5 would work into it. Unless it's supposed to be set in 45??

Vermillion

Vermillion

1942 with updated graphics

I'm ok with that.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

It's gonna depend on the gameplay/game modes for me.
I actually really, really liked the operations game mode in BF1, but the fact it never got a hardcore mode made me drop it pretty fast. Hopefully this'll be different?
BC2's hardcore mode was the pinnacle of Battlefield multiplayer for me. I hope they can recapture that some how in BC3.

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Take with a grain of salt (In Hicks's no salt cause he's salty enough as is that its probably not 2143)
Factions: There are seven factions including Great Britain, the United States, Free French, Third Reich, Kingdom Of Italy, USSR and Imperial Japan.

Maps: The retail game will launch with 10 maps with one free map arriving shortly thereafter.

DLC: Will work through a Premium Pass like always. Subject of DLC has not been decided.

Combat: Skill plays a bigger role with the removal of random bullet deviation found in Battlefield 1.

Attachments: They return for Battlefield V. Options include suppressors, sights, scopes and more.

Four Classes: Assault (a medic with AR weapons), Support (LMGs, ammo access), Recon (Bolt actions for long range) and Engineer (SMGs, anti-tank weapons).

All-Kit Weapons: Some weapons will work for all classes like the M1 Garand.

Elite Classes & Behemoths Return

Customization: Cosmetic skins make their debut. They offer different combinations of headwear, footwear and camo. Skins will be sold as a cosmetic microtransaction.

Vehicles: Vehicles will function similar to Battlefield 3 and  Battlefield 4. They require skillful operation and include tanks, Jeeps, planes and more. Like soldiers, vehicles can also be customized with cosmetics.

Modes: Operations return and Incursions will be available at launch

Release Details: The game will be revealed in May with a beta in August and release in October.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Mar 14, 2018, 02:29:31 AM
Take with a grain of salt (In Hicks's no salt cause he's salty enough as is that its probably not 2143)
Factions: There are seven factions including Great Britain, the United States, Free French, Third Reich, Kingdom Of Italy, USSR and Imperial Japan.

Mate I'm down in the salt mines. I'll resurface if BC3 is announced sometime soon.

Take with more salt - https://mp1st.com/news/battlefield-v-ea-play-2018-confirmation-via-banner

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

QuoteAttachments: They return for Battlefield V. Options include suppressors, sights, scopes and more.

Booooooo  :P

QuoteCustomization: Cosmetic skins make their debut. They offer different combinations of headwear, footwear and camo. Skins will be sold as a cosmetic microtransaction.

I can get behind this. This is how customization should have been in Battlefront 2.

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

Think I'll stick to Siege. Battlefield 1 destroyed any interest I had in this franchise.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed