The Predator: Hunters And Hunted Official Movie Prequel

Started by felix, Dec 13, 2017, 09:51:09 PM

Author
The Predator: Hunters And Hunted Official Movie Prequel (Read 48,850 times)

Shaeffer11

Got mine in, enjoying it so far

Corporal Hicks

HuDaFuK

Corporal Hicks

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Just finished it and James Moore penned a brutal Predator story! Wow I'm sooo excited for the film to release now!

Spoiler
the alligator fight was epic! I noticed there was mention of genetic mutations among Yautja which I'm guessing has something to do with the upcoming film. Also liked that we got two separate accounts of Predator encounters with Elliot's flashback in Vietnam. That makes at least 3 Predator encounters in Nam (Elliot's team, Bloody Sands of Time and the short "Recon" from "If It Bleeds) I cant help but wonder if it's the same Predator.
[close]

YTL_Hunter_H2

I'm about half way through this novel. It's definitely getting me pumped for the film. I'm loving how he writes from the predators perspective. I'm really hoping Edward James Almos makes it into the film. Really loving his character as well as Sterling K Brown's Traeger

TheBATMAN

Enjoyed the book immensely. Some good characters and good world-building going on.

Spoiler
Still not sure about why the Predator was released intentionally though. I don't see how that would aid Traeger in any way as it didn't feature in his already crafted plan to take over from Woodhurst. I assumed it was done intentionally to so Stargazer could locate the Predator's ship by following the tracker?
[close]

YTL_Hunter_H2

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Aug 04, 2018, 07:01:31 PM
Enjoyed the book immensely. Some good characters and good world-building going on.

Spoiler
Still not sure about why the Predator was released intentionally though. I don't see how that would aid Traeger in any way as it didn't feature in his already crafted plan to take over from Woodhurst. I assumed it was done intentionally to so Stargazer could locate the Predator's ship by following the tracker?
[close]
that was my assumption almost finished now. Really loved they went the Yautja route.

HuDaFuK

Ordered myself a copy of this and it's on its way, so should get around to reading it in the next couple of weeks.

Mark W.

I loved the book - could not put it down. It felt truly like one of the best Predator experiences and yes - the scene with the alligator was epic - it was one of the most enjoyable and unique combat scenarios that i've ever read - the intro into it and the pacing of it was just pure brilliance.

I really hope that James gets to write more Predator stuff and also as he hints a further foray into Aliens territory.

I feel that with the recent news about Edward James Olmos's cut from the main film that he would be playing Woodhurst - i think that is a real shame because i think he would have been great on screen. I think Sterling K Brown is going to be perfect as Traeger - slick, deceitful and very tricky.

Overall, a fantastic book and one that really adds to the anticipation of the movie and also Golden's novelisation.

happypred

This sounds almost as good as South China Sea

felix

It's not that good. But an enjoyable read.

YTL_Hunter_H2

Haven't read south china sea yet. Still on the fence about that one. The predator novel I read where they were referred to as hish scarred me as far as being optimistic towards authors I've never heard of writing about predator. I'm glad I took a chance with this one. It's fantastic. Loved the tactics used by the predator on the fairground action just vivid!

The Old One

The Old One

What's the deal with this whole "Hish" thing?

426Buddy

426Buddy

South China Sea is largely considered the best Predator novel. I haven't read it because its out of print and it costs a lot to buy a copy. :'(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed