The Predator is coming to Ghost Recon: Wildlands tomorrow (December 14th)

Started by Kailem, Dec 13, 2017, 10:27:24 AM

Author
The Predator is coming to Ghost Recon: Wildlands tomorrow (December 14th) (Read 23,564 times)

Xenomrph

I tried the DLC out last night, I haven't beaten it yet (the Predator kicked my ass). I don't want to go into too much detail because it's worth experiencing without spoilers, but I'll say that if you like the original Predator movie, the DLC does a good job of making you feel like you're living it.

Huggs

"It really does boggle the mind when you think how long it took them to put this together."

Indeed. This should have been made the moment we entered the 3d era of gaming. It truly is a wonderful age we find ourselves in. Between this and Isolation, my childhood dreams are now playable!  :)

OpenMaw

Holy shit. That is so awesome.

Now I have to drop money on Ghost Recon just for this. Merry Christmas to myself, I guess! :)

I want the models out of this too. Seeing the
Spoiler

downed Predator ship totally reminded me of my AvP Fan Film idea I had years ago.
[close]

Deathbearer

I wasn't going to buy this game at all but now I'm thinking about it..f**k...

Xenomrph

Quote from: Deathbearer on Dec 18, 2017, 01:54:03 AM
I wasn't going to buy this game at all but now I'm thinking about it..f**k...
Wildlands is a legit fun game if you like open-world tactical shooters.

I beat the Predator DLC last night with a friend, it is NOT easy with just two people. The two of us failed at it at least 10 times before we finally took the Predator out. I made a couple entertaining gameplay clips that are saved on my Xbox profile, but I'm not sure how to link them here yet.

You get some entertaining character customization options for beating the Predator, one of which is legit f**king scary:
Spoiler
it's facepaint that makes your face look like an unmasked Predator
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Can't you get the Predator mask as well?

Xenomrph

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 18, 2017, 10:19:07 AM
Can't you get the Predator mask as well?
Yes, there's two different masks. When you kill the Predator, you get a ballistic face mask that is styled like the Predator mask, and there's straps holding it on your head. There's also a much more detailed one with dreadlocks and stuff that you can get by buying a Predator-themed cosmetic DLC pack for a few bucks. It pretty much makes it look like a Predator head has been transplanted onto your body, haha.
The paid DLC pack also lets you equip Predator wrist gauntlets (and gives you a special melee kill animation with them), muddy skin paints so you can make yourself look like your covered in mud, some camo face paints modeled after those that specific characters used, Blain's hat, and a black t-shirt with the Predator logo on it.

The paid DLC is neat and I'm kinda tempted to buy it just to support and reward the devs for doing the cool free Predator DLC, but I'm not sure yet.

RidgeTop

I'll probably pick this up during the Steam Holiday Sale that should begin any day now.

Corporal Hicks

RidgeTop, Xenomorphine, myself and one of my buddies had a wack at this yesterday. It was difficult! When 2 of us went down, it was just difficult to recover. Guess we need to actually level up before trying the bonus mission!

I dug it, though. The Predator is rock solid but it does feel a little like artificial difficulty and like the Predator is "cheating" when it suddenly disappears, not cloaks, just disappears, to move around the map.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: Huggs on Dec 15, 2017, 12:59:50 AM
"Predator really needs a massive open world (or galaxy) game! It's just begging for it. Think of all the prey!"

I'd be in heaven. Random drops of prey like in "predators". And a trophy room, God the trophy room would be exquisite. Setting up hunting camps in the forest. Maybe even getting to hunt other predators sometimes, perhaps an alpha or ones who just chose to dishonor the hunt and must be punished. Endless possibilities.

Maybe a "Valley of Death" mode or DLC. Something like this set one earth that mimics the original film. It's early dawn, you're stalking through the jungle and suddenly hear the sounds of aircraft overhead. You climb to the treetops and gaze out over the valley. A half-mile in the distance, there are Blackhawk choppers dropping in special forces troops. As the first sign of the sun begins to appear at the edge of the sky, you engage your camouflage, and begin the hunt.

YASS to all of this. Hopefully The Predator movie will open some new doors in the gaming industry for a Predator game.

I've never played Ghost Recon but I recently watched TheRadBrad play the Predator mission solo. It's a fun watch as he's got a great personality. Maybe some of you will find it entertaining.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7kdjcUpGkU&feature=share

Edit: I hope they do something like this in Red Dead Redemption 2!!!

PsyKore

I thought it was pretty neat for what it was. However, I was a bit disappointed with the Predator's AI.

It made me really want a proper Predator game. It's been too long since Concrete Jungle.

Wweyland

This looks pretty good. Considering getting the game just for the DLC, but its close to 60 EUR in Steam.

DerelictShip

Really enjoyed the whole build up to the big fight! Thought they nailed it for being a side mission...but now this makes me want a dedicated predator game!

Wweyland

Wildlands is currently -55% in Steam.

Corporal Hicks

Somehow we haven't shared these here - https://www.artstation.com/artwork/k9emz

QuoteI was very fortunate to get to create the Predator for a Ghost Recon Wildlands special event released December 14th 2017. I modelled and textured the character from scratch based on photographs supplied by 20th Century Fox of the original costume. I've always been a huge fan of Predator - so I was very excited to get the chance to create an official licensed version of the creature originally designed by Stan Winston for the 1987 Predator movie. Everything was modelled in 3ds Max and Zbrush and textured in Substance Painter. For the key art I simply rendered the in-game model with a few modifications in Octane Render. Character and renders were done in about 2 months.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed