GTFO - 4 Player Horror Co-op

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 08, 2017, 11:16:11 AM

Author
GTFO - 4 Player Horror Co-op (Read 2,010 times)

Corporal Hicks

x-M-x

x-M-x

:O

i want

chrisr232007

chrisr232007

Holly hell sign me up!

Sabby

Sabby

Reminds me a LOT of Killing Floor 2.

Randomizer

Randomizer

Are they f**king with us? I saw "Bishop" and expected Alien.

Interesting game nonetheless (as World War Z) but not what I expected.  :-\

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Dead Space 2's multiplayer (and the first Killing Floor) got me addicted to games like this. Sadly there hasn't been anything as good since then...Killing Floor 2 is great and all, but it doesn't have the "horror" tone anymore.
This looks like it has all the elements that made DS2 awesome though, and I trust it since its the PAYDAY developers (another game I love). I'll for sure be getting this for PC, if anyone else is I wouldn't mind giving it a go with anyone here.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

I couldn't help but think that this is what ACM should've been as I watched this. Hopefully this development studio is convinced to take up an Aliens game next. I'll be playing this one for sure.

x-M-x

x-M-x

Quote from: RidgeTop on Dec 09, 2017, 12:49:44 AM
I couldn't help but think that this is what ACM should've been as I watched this. Hopefully this development studio is convinced to take up an Aliens game next. I'll be playing this one for sure.

Totally agree... this is what CM should've been!

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: RidgeTop on Dec 09, 2017, 12:49:44 AM

Yeah, I think I'll definitely be grabbing this too. Looks like it could induce quite a few "interesting" nights.  :P I really hope we get some news of a new game in the next year.

Kailem

Kailem

I literally thought it was Killing Floor 3 until the (awful) title popped up. Same concept, same gameplay, same UI, same enemies etc. I wonder if the folks who made those games thought the same thing. :laugh:

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

It does have the KF2 look/vibe, but to be fair the enemies don't look like anything out of Killing Floor and this one looks like you'll need a lot more teamwork in this in order to enjoy it.

That's how Payday is anyway.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3504187/e3-2018-gtfo-puts-hell/

QuoteWe've been waiting on more than just screenshots for 10 Chambers Collective's team-based horror shooter GTFO, and E3 has delivered.

For those that need a refresher (and in all honesty, we all do, since the game was announced last year), GTFO has you teaming up with up to three other players exploring dimly lit underground facilities, completing objectives while gunning down enemies that pop up randomly each time you play. In fact, the game takes unpredictability to new levels each time you play, not just with enemy placements, but also where ammo caches are placed, and even which doors you can/can't use.

Unlike other team-based games, you don't have any classes in GTFO. Instead, before a mission, you'll pick a loadout consisting of primary, secondary, and melee weapons, with one special item. The special item can be something like a mapping device, sentry gun, or trip mines.

And whereas other games will have you finding keys to open doors, GFTO ups the tension by having you actually type in the command in a console to unlock the door. Now picture doing that while you and your friends are having to fend off a swarm of monsters.

This sounds like Left 4 Dead turned up to eleven, which is definitely not a bad thing. The team is targeting a 2018 release. Here's hoping for more info (and video) as the game progresses.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I'm still really looking forward to this game, and I wouldn't mind if they're able to get that 2018 release.

Anyone on here planning to get it for PC?

Corporal Hicks

I'll likely be picking up on PC. Is it me or does it sound like they're making prominent use out of an effect that sounds like someone brushing their teeth?  :laugh:

Still Collating...

Lol, I wouldn't have noticed it otherwise. Now I can't not notice that.

I really like the look and atmosphere of the game, might pick it up.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed