Am I alone ?

Started by Predator@Alien, Dec 06, 2017, 05:46:42 PM

Author
Am I alone ? (Read 14,238 times)

Jonesy1974

Jonesy1974

Your Definitely not alone, I love the film too. Loads of people on here do so you are in good company.

It's just not to everyone's taste is all.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I like some scenes in Covenant, but not really the movie as a whole. I think in that regard i prefered Prometheus a bit more.

SM

SM

QuoteReally, I don't understand the people who dislike these films

There you go then.

QuoteThe most heard reproaches are that the characters are stupid, but it's not legitimate beacause it's the final goal

How is the final goal stupidity?  I generally don't agree with the 'stupid character' argument, but people like characters to act in a realistic manner, and can be hard to root for scientists and space explorers (ie. people purported to be intelligent) to do things that they believe are dumb.

QuoteBut when we understand the film, we understand that there is only one way to be perfect : David create the Xenomorph.

I think something is being lost in translation here, mon ami.

Predator@Alien

Predator@Alien

Yes, but if it's wanted, I don't understand the problem... It's like Resurrection ! The Newborn is horrible, but it's wanted from the director... I think that we have to respect the view of the director, because there are no mistakes in these films, in contrary to every critics that I can read, at least no more than in the other films.

SM

SM

The audience isn't obliged to respect view of the director.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: windebieste on Dec 06, 2017, 07:31:19 PM
No.  You are not alone.  I think it's a great movie.  Most of my thoughts are expressed in my review of the movie.

A lot of people like this movie - and 'PROMETHEUS', too, for that matter.  It's just a tragedy that so many of them have been driven out of these forums by the attitudes of certain people here.   There's very little encouragement for fans of Scott's New Canon here.  Not your fault.  Not the fault of the movie. 

'ALIEN Covenant' is a Great movie.

Many people love it.   Don't let the naysayers, haters and denialists present on this forum have you believe otherwise. 

-Windebieste.

Nobody gets put out dude. Most of the criticism at this point is well constructed. Nick pushed self destruct.

I'm yet to find this army of Queen loving Marine fans too, cause I wanna join that gang if possible.

asil

asil

Quote from: Predator@Alien on Dec 06, 2017, 05:46:42 PM
So please, tell me that I'm not alone, because with all that I read on the forums and the media, I really feel like the only one who really understood these films . I think those who do not like have not understood the meaning of the movies. So if you're like me, tell me, I'm lonely right now ... :'( :laugh:

You're not!  ;)

Yes, humans are stupid in these movies. So what ? If you understand these films, then you know that all this is wanted, humans are now considered as people without intelligence, and that their destiny is to lose, all the time. Moreover, it is confirmed when we look at the first film, everything becomes very clear. Indeed, when we look at the film from a philosophical point of view, we know from the first film that humans are the creators of their own burden (Xenomorph).

It'll be 3 corner fights - David, Engineers & Corporate. We are in the middle! Helpless!

PsyKore

PsyKore

I love it, personally. It's the best in the series since Aliens. It has some flaws but it largely doesn't matter at the end of the day. I really liked the darker tone, and it's a movie that can get you thinking. I also like the dangerous AI angle Scott is going with.

Predator@Alien

Predator@Alien

Ah great  ;D

monkeylove

monkeylove

I think the major complaints involve not the ideas raised by the movies but the manner by which they were presented.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I think I prefer Covenant over Prometheus but there's still things in Covenant I just don't like. There are plenty of people who both enjoy and dislike Covenant on here, it's just a little easier to be vocal about things you don't like.

Despite Winde's accusation, people aren't driven off here for liking the film. I have an expectation of people to behave in a mature manner, regardless of if you like the film or not, and if that can't be achieved then you probably don't have the attitude I want on here.

It's funny, I get accused of just banning anyone who say they hate the film and accused of banning anyone who loves the film. I just canne win.  :laugh:

Highland

Highland

It's kind of ironc, but it was the Alien that ruined it all for me. I woulda been in the love camp if he'd managed to stick to his guns with the Engineers and the black goo. I'm not that far off really liking what he did. Just that last third of Covenant really counters a lot of the good work he put down.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm the same. My problems with Prometheus were not the lack of Alien. I would have happily continued with the more overt Prometheus themes and explored the Engineers further.

FenGiddel

FenGiddel

Hi everybody !

Fist of all, please, excuse the bad english from a french guy...

Am I the only one who knows the truth about Alien Covenant and Prometheus? Among other things, that these films are really good, if they take a different direction than that taken by the first four films, well it's just the vision of the director, and somewhere of the creator of the saga. I do not understand, what is the problem if David is at the center of the story and not the Xenomorph? It's interesting to have another vision, another point of view, so we do not always see the same thing.

In concrete terms, I am looking for people who:
- Consider Prometheus and Alien Covenant as good films.
- Understand the meaning of movies, innuendo and hidden references.
- Have realized that the humans of these movies are idiots and that it is wanted.
- Have understood that David created the Xenomorph.
Explanations:
Yes, humans are stupid in these movies. So what ? If you understand these films, then you know that all this is wanted, humans are now considered as people without intelligence, and that their destiny is to lose, all the time. Moreover, it is confirmed when we look at the first film, everything becomes very clear. Indeed, when we look at the film from a philosophical point of view, we know from the first film that humans are the creators of their own burden (Xenomorph).
And again yes, David created the Xenomorphs. Why always want to find explanations that prove the opposite? The novel is a novel. Since when is a novel more canon than a film? David created the Xenomorph and that's all. How to explain Prometheus then? Well, it's very simple: If you have seen Prometheus, you know that there is no Xenomorph, no more on the fresco than those taken from the chests of Engineers. Just be attentive in the film, and understand it well. Or is it a misunderstanding? The truth is this: The Engineers created the Deacon and David created the Xenomorph. David was inspired by the creation of Engineers (Deacon) to perfect and improve it. And no, the Deacons are not just from the random experience of Prometheus. Again, you have to understand the movie.

Bienvenue, Predator @ Alien. (S'il vous plaît pardonnez mon mauvais français? Peut-être que cela nous mettra sur un terrain de jeu égal?) Vous n'êtes pas seul à aimer ALIEN COVENANT. J'aime vraiment bien ça. J'ai récemment regardé ALIEN encore et après, j'ai remarqué que le look de ce film a été répercuté dans COVENANT: l'obscurité, les éléments gothiques, l'horreur.

En ce qui concerne vos quatre points:
1. J'aime les deux films pour ce qu'ils sont: revisite un monde que j'aime!
2. J'ai compris la plupart des principaux thèmes et références, mais je continue d'en chercher d'autres. Il y a tellement de choses à voir dans les films.
3. Oui! Je ne crois pas que les mauvais choix faits par les personnages soient là par hasard.
4. Je suis d'accord qu'il est le créateur de 'a' xenomorph, mais je ne suis pas sûr que je 'veux' qu'il soit 'LE' créateur de l'Alien que nous voyons dans 'Alien' (1979). Mais je garde un esprit ouvert.

Merci de partager ces pensées ici. Et bienvenue à bord! :)

Predator@Alien

Predator@Alien

Thank you all, thank's to you, I don't feel so alone  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed