Am I alone ?

Started by Predator@Alien, Dec 06, 2017, 05:46:42 PM

Author
Am I alone ? (Read 14,241 times)

Predator@Alien

Predator@Alien

Hi everybody !

Fist of all, please, excuse the bad english from a frech guy...

Am I the only one who knows the truth about Alien Covenant and Prometheus? Among other things, that these films are really good, if they take a different direction than that taken by the first four films, well it's just the vision of the director, and somewhere of the creator of the saga. I do not understand, what is the problem if David is at the center of the story and not the Xenomorph? It's interesting to have another vision, another point of view, so we do not always see the same thing.

In concrete terms, I am looking for people who:
- Consider Prometheus and Alien Covenant as good films.
- Understand the meaning of movies, innuendo and hidden references.
- Have realized that the humans of these movies are idiots and that it is wanted.
- Have understood that David created the Xenomorph.
Explanations:
Yes, humans are stupid in these movies. So what ? If you understand these films, then you know that all this is wanted, humans are now considered as people without intelligence, and that their destiny is to lose, all the time. Moreover, it is confirmed when we look at the first film, everything becomes very clear. Indeed, when we look at the film from a philosophical point of view, we know from the first film that humans are the creators of their own burden (Xenomorph).
And again yes, David created the Xenomorphs. Why always want to find explanations that prove the opposite? The novel is a novel. Since when is a novel more canon than a film? David created the Xenomorph and that's all. How to explain Prometheus then? Well, it's very simple: If you have seen Prometheus, you know that there is no Xenomorph, no more on the fresco than those taken from the chests of Engineers. Just be attentive in the film, and understand it well. Or is it a misunderstanding? The truth is this: The Engineers created the Deacon and David created the Xenomorph. David was inspired by the creation of Engineers (Deacon) to perfect and improve it. And no, the Deacons are not just from the random experience of Prometheus. Again, you have to understand the movie.

For more information if you do not understand me, ask me, I can explain everything  ;)

So please, tell me that I'm not alone, because with all that I read on the forums and the media, I really feel like the only one who really understood these films . I think those who do not like have not understood the meaning of the movies. So if you're like me, tell me, I'm lonely right now ... :'( :laugh:

PS: I do not want to offend anyone, I just tell the truth. Many things have been misunderstood in these films, and even after the debates, people still have not understood ... So I just want to restore the truth by explaining to you, I do not want to be nasty  ;)

reecebomb

reecebomb

Predator@Alien

Predator@Alien

Really ? Oh thank you  :D :laugh:

reecebomb

reecebomb

Quote from: Predator@Alien on Dec 06, 2017, 06:07:58 PM

Personally i don't agree with you at all sorry. But a large percentage of this board (a small number though) do seem to agree with you, so you're not alone.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: reecebomb on Dec 06, 2017, 06:31:26 PM
Quote from: Predator@Alien on Dec 06, 2017, 06:07:58 PM

Personally i don't agree with you at all sorry. But a large percentage of this board (a small number though) do seem to agree with you, so you're not alone.

Really? The hate seems to far outweigh the love for the prequels here and everywhere else on the internet. I mean the polls may tell a different story but the people with a negative opinion really make a lot more noise than anyone with a positive opinion.

SM

SM

You've answered your own question.

To the OP, I like the movies, but it's possible to understand them and still not like them.

windebieste

windebieste

No.  You are not alone.  I think it's a great movie.  Most of my thoughts are expressed in my review of the movie.

A lot of people like this movie - and 'PROMETHEUS', too, for that matter.  It's just a tragedy that so many of them have been driven out of these forums by the attitudes of certain people here.   There's very little encouragement for fans of Scott's New Canon here.  Not your fault.  Not the fault of the movie. 

'ALIEN Covenant' is a Great movie.

Many people love it.   Don't let the naysayers, haters and denialists present on this forum have you believe otherwise. 

-Windebieste.

Whos_Nick

Whos_Nick

OP this forum isn't a hive mind..

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

Quote from: Predator@Alien on Dec 06, 2017, 05:46:42 PM

Am I the only one who knows the truth about Alien Covenant and Prometheus?
Yes. Out of seven billion people on the planet, you are the one and only person to know the truth.

Predator@Alien

Predator@Alien

Thank's for those who understand me ^^'

SM, how can they dislike the film and understand it ? The most heard reproaches are that the characters are stupid, but it's not legitimate beacause it's the final goal. Other thing : David did not create the Xenomorph... But when we understand the film, we understand that there is only one way to be perfect : David create the Xenomorph.
Really, I don't understand the people who dislike these films ^^' they are really good ! But to my mind, they don't understand the films ^^'

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

I understand a lot of movies that I don't like, Covenant among them. You can't legitimately believe that EVERYONE who doesn't like the movie just didn't "get it."

If you like it then great, I'm sure there are plenty of people here that did so luckily you aren't the only one. I'm glad you got the film you wanted.

Whos_Nick

Whos_Nick

"How can people dislike this movie"

Different opinions and things

Predator@Alien

Predator@Alien

At least, you respect my opinion  ;D

Stitch

Stitch

I totally understand both Prometheus and Covenant. Prometheus is the better of the two, and Covenant is a disappointment.

I like Prometheus a lot, and, while I feel a disdain for it, I don't dislike all of Covenant. I just feel it had so much potential and wasted it all.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: Predator@Alien on Dec 06, 2017, 08:25:55 PM
The most heard reproaches are that the characters are stupid, but it's not legitimate beacause it's the final goal.

I get that, since most people want to see their ideal people to root for - Mary Sue and Gary Stu. 

But Prometheus/Covenant has a darker vision of humanity that people are not comfortable with.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed