AvP Requiem less worrisome than this

Started by happypred, Dec 06, 2017, 07:08:11 AM

Author
AvP Requiem less worrisome than this (Read 14,629 times)

happypred

Quote from: skull-splitter on Apr 20, 2018, 03:18:11 PMAvP was quite solid in pacing and storytelling.

AvP was a laugh-fest.

Its advantage over AvP-R was Antarctica as its setting and no teen romance

PredBabe

Quote from: whiterabbit on Apr 20, 2018, 05:51:00 AM
The long kiss goodnight you say... oh boy I hope there isn't a predator on human sex scene in this one.

All this DNA talk and with The Shape of Water being so well received...

skull-splitter

Quote from: happypred on Apr 21, 2018, 04:31:01 AM
Quote from: skull-splitter on Apr 20, 2018, 03:18:11 PMAvP was quite solid in pacing and storytelling.

AvP was a laugh-fest.

Its advantage over AvP-R was Antarctica as its setting and no teen romance
It was OK. I've see  far worse. It's just not what we wanted to see.

whiterabbit

AVP-r is not that bad, at all. It just tried too damn hard to be super R-Hard. The DVD transfer was piss poor though and unfortunately, err apparently, it can't be fixed. Still a small town in Colorado would have the exact folks depicted in the movie. Still it gets way too much hate. Almost as if it was called Alien: The Last Xenomorph.

skhellter

:laugh:

skull-splitter

Quote from: whiterabbit on Apr 22, 2018, 07:35:31 AM
AVP-r is not that bad, at all. It just tried too damn hard to be super R-Hard. The DVD transfer was piss poor though and unfortunately, err apparently, it can't be fixed. Still a small town in Colorado would have the exact folks depicted in the movie. Still it gets way too much hate. Almost as if it was called Alien: The Last Xenomorph.
You had no issue with pacing, poorly developed characters, dialogue, lack of substance?

I like the art book, but in general I think the movie sucks. There are like five nice shots in it.

whiterabbit

Quote from: skull-splitter on Apr 22, 2018, 08:52:52 AM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Apr 22, 2018, 07:35:31 AM
You had no issue with pacing, poorly developed characters, dialogue, lack of substance?

I like the art book, but in general I think the movie sucks. There are like five nice shots in it.
Like I said, Colorado... well that's being unfair to Colorado as AVPR could have taken place in any small town usa.

The only real bad things were the way too fast xeno growth rate, floppy tubes and digital blood squibs. The thing about the pregnant women, yea, they went too far with that. Alien rape beast should show some class.

Although why the xeno-barfed embryos didn't product predaliens/human hybrids is really f**king odd. I mean crap you'd think the predalien would have been barfing predalien ebryos.

skull-splitter

"Colorado" does not make a plot.

BigDaddyJohn

God damnit the dialogue was really really awful

whiterabbit

Have none of you been to Colorado. I thought they hit the town folk and ambiance right on the nose. All that horrible dialog didn't seem out of place in the least. Perhaps it was too accurate? The plot wasn't well worked out but this is a frick'n video game movie after all and for a video game movie it was f'n awesome. One of the best ever.  :laugh:

BigDaddyJohn

Honestly i enjoyed it but as a guilty pleasure  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed