AvP Requiem less worrisome than this

Started by happypred, Dec 06, 2017, 07:08:11 AM

Author
AvP Requiem less worrisome than this (Read 14,721 times)

SM

SM

Is the grim bit that Ridley is involved?

happypred

The grim bit is the script

The Alien Predator

Wasn't it mentioned that the script was an old draft?

Best thing is just wait and actually see the film (or read spoilers online) and judge for yourself. All this worrying and hating on a script is kinda pointless.

Predators had some very different concepts that never made it into the film.

Ultramorph

We're more cynical than we were 10 years ago. I'm good giving this movie a chance. It sounds like it could be a lot of fun and something very different.

happypred

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Dec 08, 2017, 02:53:54 AM

I'm not very confident they've revised the script into something much better...but you're right, all I have are gut feelings right now.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Dec 08, 2017, 02:53:54 AM

Best thing is just wait and actually see the film (or read spoilers online) and judge for yourself. All this worrying and hating on a script is kinda pointless.

Predators had some very different concepts that never made it into the film.

The particular draft that was leaked was nearly a year old by the time filming start. The core story seems to remain the same but we've already seen several elements and scenes not being in the first tested edit. It was pretty unfortunate that script leaked.

GreybackElder

I'm excited and cautiously optimistic. I've kept myself in the dark for as much as possible about the plot and characters. I do know the location which had me a kind of concerned. Honestly it feels like the next logical progression( I'd prefer a warzone like WW2 or Iraq) but beggars can't be choosers. I'm not going to judge until I see the movie.

Brzrkr

I'd rather have Shane Black behind the wheel than a yes man for hire.

JungleHunter87

Honestly? This cast is amazing when you compare it too Requiem. It's a no contest in terms of Direction, VFX, Casting and Concept. It may be divisive. Then again, what PREDATOR film past the original hasn't been?

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: David 8 on Dec 30, 2017, 05:37:39 PM
I'd rather have Shane Black behind the wheel than a yes man for hire.

Exactly. I've been saying this for so long... Black knows how to direct a movie and how to tell a story, a lot of today's directors don't. That's a tremendous advantage that many people don't seem to get unfortunately...

Quote from: JungleHunter87 on Dec 30, 2017, 08:31:44 PM
Honestly? This cast is amazing when you compare it too Requiem. It's a no contest in terms of Direction, VFX, Casting and Concept. It may be divisive. Then again, what PREDATOR film past the original hasn't been?

It's objectively true yes. That's why i'm still excited for this movie despite some questionable stuff in the script.

Jigsaw85

Jigsaw85

Story is more daring and creative.

Actors are way better.

The budget is way higher.

The director isn't a couple of VFX artists who don't know how to light a scene.

It's because of how inept AVPR was that I have been stuck in a "Who gives a shit at this point?" Mentality for the past decade. So everytime a new Alien or Predator film gets announced it's hard for me to worry or even judge it harshly. Because once you've seen AVPR even the most mediocre Alien or Predator film looks like a masterpiece and this one will be no exception.

von

von

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Dec 30, 2017, 11:45:34 PM
Story is more daring and creative.

Actors are way better.

The budget is way higher.

The director isn't a couple of VFX artist who don't know how to light a scene.

It's because of how inept AVPR was that I have been stuck in a "Who gives a shit at this point?" Mentality for the past decade. So everytime a new Alien or Predator film gets announced it's hard for me to worry or even judge it harshly. Because once you've seen AVPR even the most mediocre Alien or Predator film looks like a masterpiece and this one will be no exception.

oh f yeah, and now we've got Larry Fong. 'nuff said

Xxx.95xx

I think making a movie worse than AVPR is next to near impossible but we'll see

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

You just never know these days.

The standards and expectations will be higher with something like Prometheus, Covenant, or The Predator than something like AvP:R.

OpenMaw

I don't know man. There was a lot of hype around here for AVP:R come release.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed