Alien: Covenant vs Covenant (Neo vs Xeno)

Started by DerelictShip, Dec 05, 2017, 02:42:48 PM

Who watching ALIEN Covenant felt the film should have followed the direction of the Neomorphs and leftovers from Prometheus, instead of including the Xenomorphs in the final act of the film?

Covenant  (Neomorphs)
25 (61%)
Alien Covenant  (Xenomorphs)
10 (24.4%)
Neutral
6 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author
Alien: Covenant vs Covenant (Neo vs Xeno) (Read 3,582 times)

SM

Quote from: Highland on Dec 07, 2017, 12:58:54 AM
Quote from: Scorpio on Dec 07, 2017, 12:20:20 AM
That's the formula of soap operas.  Is such and such pregnant?  You'll find out in the 50th episode, stay tuned.  Boring.

Like Star Wars or Lord of the Rings.

I always thought Gimli was just a bit overweight.  Did he have a boy or a girl?

Highland

Twins!

SM

Ah, bless!

kwisatz

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Highland on Dec 06, 2017, 04:20:30 AM
I think they should have jumped on this "Universe"band wagon the studios have going on.

Subtitle the movies with something like "Alien Galaxy" like they tried to do with the Dark Universe in the mummy. Then you can play around in that sandbox as much as you like, shoot off into different things. It's pretty clear now that the studio messed up ( or didn't have) the plan with the naming, renaming and changing plot lines.

Then you can dump the Alien tag and people know what it is. It's pretty clear they went for the $$$ with the rebrand and failed. By the sounds of it they are about to do it again.

I mentioned something similar before, a Weyland-Yutani movie universe.
It could be perfect. They dabble in exploration, science and military. Ideal for horror, thriller or action. Or a mix.
Give them proper titles and appropriate marketing so people better know what to expect.

Ridley Scott could continue making movies that focus on creation (Engineers) and AI (androids).
Let Craig Zahler (Bone Tomahawk, Brawl In CB 99) do a brutal thriller under the banner of Alien
Give Blomkamp a chance to create an action-filled Aliens 2 to satisfy the thirst of action fans.
Reboot AvP.

DerelictShip

Obi wan in that picture really got to me haha

Russ

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Dec 07, 2017, 03:09:16 AM
Quote from: Highland on Dec 06, 2017, 04:20:30 AM
I think they should have jumped on this "Universe"band wagon the studios have going on.

Subtitle the movies with something like "Alien Galaxy" like they tried to do with the Dark Universe in the mummy. Then you can play around in that sandbox as much as you like, shoot off into different things. It's pretty clear now that the studio messed up ( or didn't have) the plan with the naming, renaming and changing plot lines.

Then you can dump the Alien tag and people know what it is. It's pretty clear they went for the $$$ with the rebrand and failed. By the sounds of it they are about to do it again.

I mentioned something similar before, a Weyland-Yutani movie universe.
It could be perfect. They dabble in exploration, science and military. Ideal for horror, thriller or action. Or a mix.
Give them proper titles and appropriate marketing so people better know what to expect.

Ridley Scott could continue making movies that focus on creation (Engineers) and AI (androids).
Let Craig Zahler (Bone Tomahawk, Brawl In CB 99) do a brutal thriller under the banner of Alien
Give Blomkamp a chance to create an action-filled Aliens 2 to satisfy the thirst of action fans.
Reboot AvP.

If only they would. How awesome would that be!

The Cruentus

I think they should have focused on the Neomorphs and maybe have a cliffhanger involving the Xenomorph (like an egg, facehugger or chestburster scene occuring) and have the next film focus on the Xenomorph.

Scorpio

Nah, get the xenomorph shit out of the way.  I think you needed to have Prometheus with no xenomorph.  After AVPR the xeno was cooked.  But then people were clamouring for the xeno again after Prometheus was a big success.  Now they got the xeno out of the way, they can concentrate on some of the big ideas introduced in Prometheus, maybe give us a few more answers.

reecebomb

Quote from: Scorpio on Dec 23, 2017, 11:16:31 PM
Nah, get the xenomorph shit out of the way.  I think you needed to have Prometheus with no xenomorph.  After AVPR the xeno was cooked.  But then people were clamouring for the xeno again after Prometheus was a big success.  Now they got the xeno out of the way, they can concentrate on some of the big ideas introduced in Prometheus, maybe give us a few more answers.

Nonsense, nobody watched or cared for AvP:R, it's completely irrelevant. I'm a die hard Alien fan and i've never seen it, lasted only a bit. Yet the clamour for Alien was always there, sadly only  Alien:Isolation approached the beast with any seriousness. This is Alien franchise, why not make a new sci-fi series, why ruin something beautiful?

Alionic

AVP:R made over three times it's budget, and another $40 million on home media. Plenty of people cared for it.

As far as the xeno goes in the Covenant sequel, I don't mind if they include it or not.

reecebomb

reecebomb

Quote from: Alionic on Dec 24, 2017, 12:18:16 AM
AVP:R made over three times it's budget, and another $40 million on home media. Plenty of people cared for it.

As far as the xeno goes in the Covenant sequel, I don't mind if they include it or not.

Still not that huge of a number, none of my friends, some are real Alien fans, have never completely seen it. The film is pretty much forgotten. Did anybody  really take AvP films as a serious representation of Alien or part of the franchise. If they did then they don't deserve any better. I agree it tarnished the Alien name a bit, but it's still largely irrelevant imo.

The Cruentus

Money doesn't equal a good film. Watching and buying it isn't the same as liking it, many folks went to see it and hated it, those who didn't see it bought it on dvd and then hated it. Even those who knew how bad the film was such as franchise fans bought it for the sake of completing their collection. Doesn't mean they cared for it. That is the difference between box office numbers vs critic reception, the latter can at least tell you about the quality of the film, while numbers only tell you how many people bought/went to see it. Of course audience opinions can vary.

Scorpio

Quote from: reecebomb on Dec 23, 2017, 11:40:19 PM

Nonsense, nobody watched or cared for AvP:R, it's completely irrelevant.

AVPR was just the nail in the coffin.  The series ended 25 years ago.  A:R, while I like the film, turned it into a comedy.  Then along came AVP which  made it juvenile.

Prometheus did revive the franchise, say what you will about it.

reecebomb

Quote from: Scorpio on Dec 24, 2017, 02:55:08 AM
Quote from: reecebomb on Dec 23, 2017, 11:40:19 PM

Nonsense, nobody watched or cared for AvP:R, it's completely irrelevant.

AVPR was just the nail in the coffin.  The series ended 25 years ago.  A:R, while I like the film, turned it into a comedy.  Then along came AVP which  made it juvenile.

Prometheus did revive the franchise, say what you will about it.

Because Prometheus was the first movie in the actual series in 15 years, and being a prequel how could have it not revived it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed