Scott: We are going to make another Alien movie

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Dec 04, 2017, 05:54:38 PM

Author
Scott: We are going to make another Alien movie (Read 244,040 times)

SiL

Only gay people dance to jazz music...?

SM

It's just a musical theatre thing - because of course all homosexuals love musical theatre which is not a stereotype at all.

Corporal Hicks

Since when has that been a gay stereotype? It looks like the dance move "jazz hands"...

That's some grade-A redirection, Scorpio.

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 10, 2018, 10:59:59 AM
That's some grade-A redirection, Scorpio.
Not as redirected as you might think......

"Having Jazz Hands doesn't mean you're gay, it just means you like having sex with men." ~ Oscar Wilde

"The phenomon of Jazz Hands is known around the world. However, some countries have jazzier hands than others. This trait has been linked to the overall gayness of the country. Readers should note that if they are seen using Jazz Hands for any purpose, they may be interpreted as gay."
http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Jazz_hands

jazz hands: A dance move, characterized by middle aged gay men yelling at you in sequence or accompanied by upbeat show music.
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=jazz%20hands

"Coming Out with Jazz Hands: A Gay Hippy Guide to Happiness" by Dean Francis Davis
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/coming-out-with-jazz-hands-dean-francis-davis/1103217893

The conference may have just also offended gay black men, as jazz hands were used as a signal among New Orleans LGBT community as a way of identifying themselves to one another.
http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/article/whos-afraid-of-clapping-feminst-students-thats-who/16815#.WlX8cK6nHIU

Local Trouble

Quote from: Biomechanoid on Jan 10, 2018, 11:12:48 AM
"Having Jazz Hands doesn't mean you're gay, it just means you like having sex with men." ~ Oscar Wilde

Well, there you go.  The Alien likes to have sex with men (and women and dogs and oxen...).

Jonesy1974

It just goes to show, you learn something new every day.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Jonesy1974 on Jan 10, 2018, 12:43:36 PM

Indeed! That said, it's still pretty obvious that was not intended as any sort of slight towards gay people.

It just looks like the Alien is doing jazz hands...which is funny...because it's an Alien...that looks like it's doing a dance move...but it isn't...because it's an Alien...and it's not the Spaceballs Alien...it's the Alien Alien.

Jonesy1974

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 10, 2018, 12:49:50 PM
Quote from: Jonesy1974 on Jan 10, 2018, 12:43:36 PM

Indeed! That said, it's still pretty obvious that was not intended as any sort of slight towards gay people.

It just looks like the Alien is doing jazz hands...which is funny...because it's an Alien...that looks like it's doing a dance move...but it isn't...because it's an Alien...and it's not the Spaceballs Alien...it's the Alien Alien.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMvF349-rOk

:D  :D  :D yep I get it, thanks for clarifying though.

Corporal Hicks

That was directed more at Scorpio.  Sorry for the lack of clarity there.

Biomechanoid

I never knew jazz hands was associated to gay symbolism until I googled those links. When SM added the comment 'jazz hands' it never occurred to me that had any association to being gay............not that there is anything wrong with that!

kwisatz

The Alien is obviously gay.

Cause its ugly beyond belief.

i miss Pierre a bit :laugh:

Local Trouble

This is a slippery slope we're on.

And what happened to Pierre?  Did he finally step on his dick and get wasted by Hicks?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

He was shown to the airlock.

Let's move on please.  :)

D. Compton Ambrose

Quote from: SiL on Jan 09, 2018, 09:27:05 PM
Because there are layers and themes, mostly presented in the art and design of the film. We all know that.

Yet the story is still about a space monster murdering truckers. That's the core of the film, and everything is in service to that. That's what makes it simple.

Where you're getting the idea that simple means shallow, superficial, or inferior I don't know.

Yes, it is ultimately about the Xenomorph. The prequels are not, but they should be.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: reecebomb on Jan 09, 2018, 10:31:51 PM
Quote from: Crazy Shrimp on Jan 09, 2018, 10:15:10 PM
Quote from: Jonesy1974 on Jan 09, 2018, 12:39:36 PM
Quote from: SiL on Jan 09, 2018, 10:16:26 AM
I reckon it is. Also that he was never much into horror to begin with, so I don't think he's kept up with the fact that modern horror audiences are eagerly consuming slower -- or at least more deliberately -- paced films.

I think, though, is that a bigger problem is he forgot the one key lesson that arguably makes any good horror film effective: keep it f**king simple. He's trying to scare audiences and pontificate on man's place in the universe and hold a discourse on artificial intelligence and it's just too much at once.

I'm not sure about that. Many of the greatest horror movies are about much more than just the scares, The Exorcist for instance. Maybe its more about the focus, what the primary goal of the film is. Ridley said he wanted to scare us but that doesn't really feel like his primary focus.

As much as I like them I agree though that Covenant and Prometheus aren't scary. Both films have moments of tension but as you say they don't build up any sense of dread and that's key to making a film truly scary. They don't take enough time to crank up the fear of the unknown and what is to come.

In addition, in the original film the Alien looks like a psychopathic killer more than a deadly wild animal. In fact, the monster approaches in a slow and extravagant way towards their victims before killing them, even showing a disturbing behavior.

https://78.media.tumblr.com/dd1654fb16f390b5a68f552a0366b668/tumblr_n80krkmiZ61s4nyfho3_r2_500.gif

Agreed, that behaviour was reduced in the sequels but the animal with rabies completely missed the mark in Covenant imo. The alien in Isolation was was a but too animalistic as well (the stomping the sounds), being a videogame have it's limitations and it did have some dope and some graceful animations.

I understand that David's breed is not complete yet, but I still feel kinda disappointed for the way they handled the creature.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed