Scott: We are going to make another Alien movie

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Dec 04, 2017, 05:54:38 PM

Author
Scott: We are going to make another Alien movie (Read 241,176 times)

Corporal Hicks

Different member, Bio. That's Hubbs.

Biomechanoid

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Scorpio on Dec 27, 2017, 12:16:33 AM
Too many kids post here I think, they want Marvel superhero movies not Alien.  They want movies for kids, not adults.
How old are you?

Just as a litmus test, how old do you think SM is? Or me? :)

Gash

Quote from: SM on Dec 27, 2017, 12:24:27 AM
Quote from: Gash on Dec 26, 2017, 11:58:03 PM
Quote from: Huggs on Dec 26, 2017, 10:33:46 PM
I'm really hoping Disney will do right by the franchise, and I honestly think they can. For all the flak movies like the Marvel films and such get, they're basically considered watchable movies in general. That's at least a step ahead of where we are now with the Alien prequels. Yes, we may one day be seeing a giant mech suit charge into a hive, but gracious, if it's either that or Fassbender playing the piano in his tights again, I know which one I'm picking.

Fassbender at the piano all the way.

More Wagner or perhaps some of Richard Clayderman's greatest hits?

Wagner, Clayderman, Bobby Crush Mrs Mills, anything is better than exosuits fighting alien hordes headed by a queen in a hive.

FHGD

FHGD

I've always considered the Alien Saga superior to Star Wars and Star Trek, however due to Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection sullying the franchises' legacy its hard to respect the series. If only Alien 3 and Alien 4 featured a Xenomorph Earth infestation and the Xenomorph home world, then an Alien 5 featuring Space Jockeys and the Xenomorph's origins then this series would of been PERFECT!

Also Prometheus, Covenant, Awakening, and Paradise can still exist as side story's to further flush out the Universe without featuring the ALIEN itself being to prominently used, again they too would have better thought out story's

Huggs

Huggs

"Different member, Bio. That's Hubbs."

Thank you Hicks.

"Fassbender at the piano all the way"

I'll admit, it was a gorgeous piano.

" anything is better than exosuits fighting alien hordes headed by a queen in a hive"

Truth. Well, anything except the prequels. Alien 1979 and Alien 3 being my preferred direction. Otherwise, I'm right there with ya.

"Too many kids post here I think, they want Marvel superhero movies not Alien.  They want movies for kids, not adults."

It's been a good while since I was considered a kid for sure. I'm at that age where people are starting to call me "sir", but all the old guys are still calling me "son". I dig the Marvel movies, but in no way do I want anything like that for the Alien franchise.

Adam802

"The sequel to Covenant was originally due to start preproduction this month in Sydney. After the box office results filming was cancelled, and a warehouse storage unit full of stuff was auctioned off a few months ago. So the original plan of pumping out another quickly has definitely changed with no immediate plans for anything."

Well thank god! please be true.

Beatnation

Quote from: Scorpio on Dec 27, 2017, 12:16:33 AM
Too many kids post here I think, they want Marvel superhero movies not Alien.  They want movies for kids, not adults.

I knew that single line would make people get...

Congratz!

SM

It's so much simpler than contributing anything worthwhile isn't it?

Space7Horror

I truly hope we get a sequel that just ties up the prequels and can find a balance that makes it a film most fans can finally agree on.  Between the backlash of Prometheus and Covenant I'm assuming Scott will have an idea of what to do next. (at least I'm hoping the direction it goes brings back elements from Prometheus)

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

Who the heck wants a sequel to Covenant with the way it ended. So let me guess... the colonists get infected and someone has to save the day, and it leads into LV-426 in Alien? Ridley is so obsessed with that backdoor shit. Screw that. Damon had the right idea. Run tangentially, not right behind.

Not to mention Daniels is awful. Merrrrrrr cabinbythelake merrrr canyagiveagirlahandhereha!

Ugh. And David snapping the robot blood off of the flute was even wrong. Three snaps? One would've been sufficient. And much cooler. One would've felt right. Three was gratuitous. Which was keeping in line with the film. "Xenos, yes??? XENOS!!!"

One wrong note ruins the whole symphony. Come on.

Biomechanoid

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Dec 27, 2017, 07:26:27 AM
Merrrrrrr cabinbythelake merrrr canyagiveagirlahandhereha!

"No roomy shuttle!? No fair! Wu-wu-why don't we dwaw stwaws? Sniff-sniff. Me no wanna dwaw stwaws! Me want to kills it. Yea, good idea! Weez gonna kills it!"

I guess we're mocking dialogue. Sounds fun. Who's next?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It's childish and has the effect of making the person who is posting like that look like the fool. Can't stand this "muh" crap as a mocking device.

I'd rather Scott goes back on his Prometheus side-line and make his side movies about David, rather than try and tie directly into the Alien lore. I was really loving Covenant when it was the Prometheus sequel, it's when it shoehorned Aliens in that that film took a dive for me.

Biomechanoid

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 27, 2017, 08:19:16 AM
It's childish and has the effect of making the person who posting like that look like the fool.
That was my point.

monkeylove

PG might be the sweet spot.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed