Scott: We are going to make another Alien movie

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Dec 04, 2017, 05:54:38 PM

Author
Scott: We are going to make another Alien movie (Read 243,522 times)

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: Highland on Dec 06, 2017, 01:55:29 AM
Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Dec 06, 2017, 01:28:53 AM
Alien: Dunamis or Alien: Peirasmos will be my guess, keeping with a Greek name theme.

If the movie is mainly about David, they are going to have that's same "no Alien in Alien movie" comment.
oh yeah, replace Alien with David then. ;)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Alionic on Dec 05, 2017, 07:26:55 PM
Quote from: Whos_Nick on Dec 05, 2017, 04:16:48 PM
Can we also stop generalizing people if they don't like where this prequel series is going? If someone speaks against it they're automatically said to be a drone who wants pulse rifles and aliens

Maybe it's because most of the people trashing the prequels are demanding pulse rifles and alien queens in between personally attacking Ridley Scott ("Senile! George Lucas clone!" etc.).

I don't know what you're reading but it's certainly not this thread and it's not really the kind of comments I've been seeing much of. And I'm talking the generalisation of people who dislike the Alien prequels and automatically that means they want pulse rifles and Aliens.

I don't like seeing personal insults against Scott either and I'd appreciate people report those people so we can deal with them rather than turn this into a school ground argument.

Quote from: Jonesy1974 on Dec 05, 2017, 10:39:28 PM
Quote from: SM on Dec 05, 2017, 10:27:15 PM
Quote from: Jonesy1974 on Dec 05, 2017, 09:56:41 PM
Obviously Ridleys pension doesn't cover the bills so he's still making movies at eighty to make ends meet.

Ah, right.  Superannuation film making.

Yep, not only is he senile, past his best and on a one man mission to destroy the alien franchise, apparently he's also greedy.

And none of these "he's senile" comments. I don't like the idea of where Scott is taking but I will not tolerant personal comments like that.

Quote from: BonesawT101 on Dec 06, 2017, 05:48:52 AM
Why don't they make a James Bond movie without James Bond? Or a Jurassic Park movie without the dinosaurs? Or a Batman movie with no Batman?

It's different. Since the very first Alien movie, we've seen there's more to the universe than the Alien itself. I've always been curious to know about the Space Jockey's and that's why I sought out the Expanded Universe and why I really didn't mind the core premise of Prometheus. I still don't mind the idea of other movies focusing on those Jockeys or their other Alien-like creations.

Alienon

Alienon

Corporal Hicks @ "why I really didn't mind the core premise of Prometheus. I still don't mind the idea of other movies focusing on those Jockeys or their other Alien-like creations."

See? Alien movie without alien, but with Engineers or other alien monsters is good. But with banal AI? I don't believe in this.

joylit

Corporal Hicks Do not forget that Ridley Scott said the final goal of the prequels was to get to the back door of the original Alien. So how can he "drift away" from the alien stuff being now so close?. It is like you are about to enter an ant nest but you want to avoid the ants!!!

Highland

Quote from: joylit on Dec 06, 2017, 11:07:59 AM
Corporal Hicks Do not forget that Ridley Scott said the final goal of the prequels was to get to the back door of the original Alien. So how can he "drift away" from the alien stuff being now so close?. It is like you are about to enter an ant nest but you want to avoid the ants!!!

Basically the current thing that he say's wipes out anything he said before that. That seems to be the pattern.

Jonesy1974

Ridley isnt saying the next film will have no Alien. Hes just talking about the focus, which will be David. That's no surprise, hes been the focus all along.

Deathbearer

Quote from: edgy on Dec 05, 2017, 03:06:27 PM
Would rather a "psuedointellectual shitfest" that aimed for the stars than a "Muh Newt!" "Muh Hicks!" "Muh pulse rifles!" 'Member? CRINGE!                                                                           A deranged, Wagner loving A.I. pouring his/its twisted psychosexuality into creatures via ancient alien technology has so much potential and I think Scott should go for it. We've already seen the perfect Alien film and its excellent sequel already, time for something else.

Lol looks like I touched a nerve. The point wasn't that it had to be a repeat of Aliens to be good, but destroying all mystery behind the Xenomorph's origins in such an unsatisfying manner was absolutely not the way to go. Revealing the origins would be divisive either way but now it's not a f**king Alien it's a science experiment that now leaves a severe plothole in the first movie. How did the eggs get there if they weren't created by the Engineers? How did so many get planted? I'm sure we'll get the answer in another film, but it'll probably be unsatisfying.

That's not even getting into how absolutely stupid every character had to be in order for the film to work. Two people slipping on the same blood puddle? Blowing up the ship so David could come save the day? Come on man.

But by all means, enjoy your Davidthon. Might want to avoid the first few films though, they have a bit more to do with aliens than androids.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Alionic on Dec 05, 2017, 07:26:55 PM
Quote from: Whos_Nick on Dec 05, 2017, 04:16:48 PM
Can we also stop generalizing people if they don't like where this prequel series is going? If someone speaks against it they're automatically said to be a drone who wants pulse rifles and aliens

Maybe it's because most of the people trashing the prequels are demanding pulse rifles and alien queens in between personally attacking Ridley Scott ("Senile! George Lucas clone!" etc.).

Personally i only demand quality, whatever the subject may be.

prometheusfire08

prometheusfire08

LOL

yeah the characters in Alien were so smart .......

Deathbearer

Quote from: prometheusfire08 on Dec 06, 2017, 02:08:36 PM
LOL

yeah the characters in Alien were so smart .......

Going down with spacesuits that proved ineffective vs going down with nothing because scanners said it's ok

Trusting a crew member who was so convincing that nobody knew he was a company android vs a guy letting his guard down around the android he was literally pointing a gun at five minutes ago and looking into a weird ass egg that he says is pretty cool.

Characters in Alien didn't make perfect decisions either but comparing the two is laughable.

reecebomb

Quote from: CainsSon on Dec 05, 2017, 07:10:52 PM

Quote from: Whos_Nick on Dec 04, 2017, 07:50:12 PM
I don't fear a reboot at this point, I welcome one

Yeah man. Because the reboot is just guaranteed to be great and they'll be Aliens in it!*

*Reboots are almost universally terrible and have outright destroyed multiple horror franchises.

Same thing with prequels, even worse actually.  At least reboots really shouldn't be associated with the original movies, so the original films don't lose their credibility but shoddy prequels can affect how to whole franchise is perceived.
In that regard, i hope the next prequel sequel turns the whole Alien prequel thing in to a reboot  :D

OmarVel1692

I think I want Juan Antonio Bayona for directing the next alien film instead of scott. Just look at these https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JvrgSPFbDs

Anthony

Anthony

Bayona would be an interesting choice (on a side note A Monster Calls is great and you should watch it).

Huggs

"I think what we have to do is gradually drift away from the alien stuff."

Unless I'm mistaken, and I apologize if I am, that's like making a Jurassic Park movie and saying, " "I think what we have to do is gradually drift away from the Dinosaur stuff."

There unquestionably is at least a "portion" of people in the Alien fanbase who do love the movies because they revolve around the presence of the iconic xenomorph, and years from now, I sincerely hope whoever is in a decision making position remembers those fans.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I think Scott misses making Blade Runner which is why he wants more AI in the next movie. Covenant to me was pretty meh for having dull characters and a weak story. Scott needs to hire better writers to write his movies in my opinion.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed