Scott: We are going to make another Alien movie

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Dec 04, 2017, 05:54:38 PM

Author
Scott: We are going to make another Alien movie (Read 241,247 times)

trilobite

trilobite

Quote from: 0321recon on Dec 04, 2017, 09:35:09 PM
Quote from: trilobite on Dec 04, 2017, 08:49:37 PM
i'm totally for exploring the engineers more and their race and culture, i'm not in the group of people who believe david wiped out the entirely of the species in a:c

Several months back Scott mentioned in a interview when Covenant was premiering in China that the next film would deal with the engineers coming back to Paradise and finding it destroyed.

From there, you can pretty much guess what's going to happen. They find Walter, fix him. Debrief him with what occurred to their world, and were David is heading.

that does seem like the logical approach to retain an engineer presence in the sequel,
i feel like there's a better idea somewhere though

Scorpio

Engineers + AI sounds far more interesting than Marines + Pulse Rifles.

But for some reason, most fans seem to want the latter.  ???

0321recon

0321recon

Quote from: Scorpio on Dec 04, 2017, 09:50:57 PM
Engineers + AI sounds far more interesting than Marines + Pulse Rifles.

But for some reason, most fans seem to want the latter.  ???

That's what I wanted from Prometheus 2 though we somewhat got the latter on Covenant with the mixture of explorers and proto-Marines. Hope that's what Scott finally gives us with this third film.

We've already seen Marines and pulse rifles with Aliens. Let's move on from that.

Biomechanoid

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Dec 04, 2017, 09:33:20 PM
Quote from: genocyber on Dec 04, 2017, 07:55:58 PM
Hey, asshole. The movie is about the ALIEN. Not your boy toy David.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I guess someone had enough Ridley-ism ;D

Every forum has an internet tough guy.

joylit

"We need to drift away from the Alien stuff". What a cynical comment to make.

SwineRider

SwineRider

It seems Ridley himself still doesn´t get why ALIEN became the movie it is. Audiences were mesmerized by the mystique of the creature, not by how Ash turned out to be an android and acting the way he did. The synth´s are interesting as a feature within the Mythos but yet a mere puppet of the company to do their bidding.

Imagine David had just "discovered" the Alien creature rather than designed it. Would have been better since it wouldn´t have taken away the Mythos behind it. Same sort of declimax he did with the formerly "spacejockey"
"Oh ... so the mysterious Alien race are just.... big people with helmets... well that´s dissapointing"
"Oh ...  so the mysterious Alien race are just.... random animals mixed in with some spacegooo.... well that´s dissapointing"

Whos_Nick

Can we do this AI stuff in Blade Runner not Alien

PierreVW

Quote from: Whos_Nick on Dec 04, 2017, 10:11:13 PM
Can we do this AI stuff in Blade Runner not Alien

Blade Runner 2049 totally flopped. I think Ridley Scott wanted to do future Blade Runner sequels but those are totally dead.

FOX still has 100% faith in Scott and in his films.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: joylit on Dec 04, 2017, 09:56:44 PM

I agree. Unfortunately Ridley Scott seems to get more cynical recently, maybe he is jaded, who knows...

Space Invader

So I'm guessing the sequel won't have "Alien" in it's title.

Oh well, still looking forward to it.

BishopShouldGo

No aliens!

Aliens!

No Aliens!

ARAGASHGSIGHASGKASHGKASGH

I just picture Ridley running back and forth in a room, desperately trying to catch a butterfly.

Chill out, man. Alien is: man vs company, man vs robot, man vs alien. u gotta have ALL. THREE.

playing this more or less game is not gonna matter if the human characters + story are anything other than strong. the rest are to be used as tools.

SM

Quote from: joylit on Dec 04, 2017, 09:56:44 PM

Why is it cynical?  He wanted to move away from Alien post-Prometheus but Fox wanted the Alien brought back in.  It didn't really come off as well as everyone hoped so why shouldn't he pursue subject matter he's more passionate about?

Richman678

Richman678

I still think Fox is gonna sell it's movie franchises to Disney before anything is green lit. Hopefully a good company ends up with the franchise, because i also think Disney will sell it off too.

Also the beast isn't cooked....it just wasn't utilized properly in Covenant. Don't get me wrong I'm aware Ridley is the king of suspense, but Covenant felt like he wanted to do something else, and just shoehorned the Alien in there.

He should make it about AI, and have the Alien in the background as a path towards bio-mechanoid lifeforms. Do a true Giger-esque movie.

Highland

Wants to expand the universe by concentrating on one small aspect of it..... Sounds plausible.

Not worried, Ridley say's more rubbish these day's than Donald Trump. Up next will be how we can go back to the Giger Alien.

Londez84

Londez84

Here's an idea:  Start a new franchise.  Don't take a franchise that was always about an alien monster, and then make it about AI. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed