Scott: We are going to make another Alien movie

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Dec 04, 2017, 05:54:38 PM

Author
Scott: We are going to make another Alien movie (Read 241,148 times)

SM

QuoteSad news, but on the other hand it's not like they have so much to tell to the audience anyway: we already know who the Space Jockeys are, we already know about the origin of the Alien and Weyland Yutani already exists; so what's next?

Why do we need revelations?

SiL

We don't. We never did.

Didn't stop the last two films trying to be f**kin' chockers with them, tho'.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 13, 2018, 08:56:52 PM

Quote from: Scott WamplerIn the Comcast/Disney battle for 20th Century Fox, I am rooting for whichever company is gonna let Ridley Scott finish off that new ALIEN trilogy.

Quote from: Hanna Ines FlintYeah but when I spoke to Scott he said he hadn't come up with a good enough idea to continue the story so it's more that he doesn't know how to finish it off.

https://twitter.com/HannaFlint/status/1006999606763409408

Unsurprising to me. It's time Scott leaves it to others, I think.

Scorpio

Can't find this interview, how are we supposed to know she talked to Scott?

Corporal Hicks

Scorpio

Nothing new, really, she's just paraphrasing what he's said before.

Corporal Hicks

Here's the actual interview she's talking about - https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/ridley-scott-terror-rebooting-thelma-louise-whats-happening-alien-exclusive-140743735.html

Quote"We went to Covenant to perpetuate the idea and re-evolve the universe of the alien, who—I think the beast has almost run out, personally," he said during a Hollywood Reporter roundtable. "You've got to come in with something else. You've got to replace that."

However, Scott told Yahoo Movies that coming up with an idea as unique as the xenomorph is not that easy.

"In my career, which has been pretty long, there's only been, with the greatest respect for the people I've worked with, two real, real originals," he said. "Funnily enough, I came across a guy called HR Giger and if I hadn't got that monster you would not have had that movie.

"I saw the drawing – the drawing was drawn for the book, not the film – and I was so kind of taken, I flew to Switzerland where he lived because he didn't want to get the plane as he was scared of flying. I met him in Zurich at his home and I persuaded him to travel by train to come to England and live at Shepperton studios for ten months. And he did.

"It wouldn't have been the same movie," he continued. "Whilst the cast was wonderful, with Sigourney [Weaver] and Harry [Dean Stanton] and those people, but without that eighth passenger it wouldn't have been the same film."

"What I'm trying to say is that there are rarities, there are those [ideas] that occur once in the while, not that often, but when they do grab them and hang on to them."

Scorpio

That's an old interview.  What she's saying is nothing new.

Corporal Hicks

She's not claiming to, she's just re-iterating.

sirgiodecaramelot

In the 12:05 minute of my re-released beta version of the two films: The Covenant of Prometheus, (like easter egg, or Nolan's trick), along with just the ending, the last shot, at minute 1:25 : 57, the story is closed, eliminating errors regarding the Alien-Aliens canon, and I clearly show Shaw's destiny and David's destiny, and the loss in space of the Covenant ship. Scott has gotten into a tangle so big that he does not know how to get out of it? Bullshit He never had a plan, he just wanted to steal the saga from James Cameron. It is not so difficult to understand, or to find a good idea that justifies everything.

Ingwar

This movie will never happen. Damage has been done. Twice.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: SM on Jun 14, 2018, 06:27:09 AM
QuoteSad news, but on the other hand it's not like they have so much to tell to the audience anyway: we already know who the Space Jockeys are, we already know about the origin of the Alien and Weyland Yutani already exists; so what's next?

Why do we need revelations?

Maybe not revelations but mytology, and I have no doubt that David's narrative can develop an interesting scenario about the dangers behind the AI ​​with everything and its philosophical themes. But the main subjet of interest that brought me to see these prequels, the Space Jockeys and the Alien, it's already cover and done.

At first, after Prometheus, there seemed to be interesting possibilities about where the mythology of this trilogy could go.

In that film there were ambiguous concepts and such elements could be interpreted in more than one way:

It's the Alien a creation of the Engineers? why they seem to be worshiping these xeno-like-beings? the Engineers are creations just like mankind and David?

Maybe the direction that Ridley Scott chose with Prometheus is not exactly my cup of tea, but at least there seemed to be an interesting potential there. But Covenant put to rest all these possibilities.

SM

Quote from: sirgiodecaramelot on Jun 14, 2018, 02:45:41 PM
In the 12:05 minute of my re-released beta version of the two films: The Covenant of Prometheus, (like easter egg, or Nolan's trick), along with just the ending, the last shot, at minute 1:25 : 57, the story is closed, eliminating errors regarding the Alien-Aliens canon, and I clearly show Shaw's destiny and David's destiny, and the loss in space of the Covenant ship. Scott has gotten into a tangle so big that he does not know how to get out of it? Bullshit He never had a plan, he just wanted to steal the saga from James Cameron. It is not so difficult to understand, or to find a good idea that justifies everything.

What? Steal it from Cameron?

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: SM on Jun 14, 2018, 10:30:50 PM
What? Steal it from Cameron?

I was unaware Cameron had been involved since 1986. If anything, Ridley stole it from Neill.

I won't knock Ridley for wanting to make alien movies. He had a solid foundation, and made Prometheus. Then he made adjustments and came up with covenant. Ridley is an experienced and accomplished enough film-maker that giving him a second bite at the apple was no big deal. But Covenant has made it clear it's time to pass the torch. 3 tries is too much.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed