Alec Gillis and Tom Woodruff talk The Predator and Blomkamp's Alien 5

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 02, 2017, 05:00:55 PM

Author
Alec Gillis and Tom Woodruff talk The Predator and Blomkamp's Alien 5 (Read 20,763 times)

ace3g

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Darkness on Dec 02, 2017, 08:25:59 PM
I didn't realise ADI was officially working with Blomkamp. I know Woodruff posted that Hicks costume picture but I assumed that was just fan stuff.

The Hicks costume picture was something done on spec by Tom's son's company. I hadn't realized ADI was going to work on it but RidgeTop had remembered a tweet Neill made about it.

Quote from: Username-Unavailable on Dec 02, 2017, 11:21:37 PM
Quote from: D88M on Dec 02, 2017, 10:43:44 PM
i guess there is no chance of seeing a photo of the new predator right?

No, Fox is probably keeping it a secret until the last possible second as a special surprise for filmgoers!

So you'll probably see it at the end of the second trailer.

I fully expect to see it end up in all the TV spots too.  :laugh:

I'm really curious to see more of ADI's Predator work in this film soon! I've repeatedly heard how good the new Predator is.

ace3g

Scorpio

It's the hunter from Alien vs Hunter

Corporal Hicks

SM

Haven't seen the movie but I think you're right.

OpenMaw

That's a pretty fun little Disney flick.

And yeah that is def the bounty hunter from it!

I'm not too worried about ADI's work on the film thus far. The leaked shots of the Predators look okay so far, the plot specific details are questionable (in terms of what's going on with them wearing... certain things.) But the heads look really good, much better than there AvP stuff. Hopefully that's down to more budget coming their way and the ability to give the Predators complete focus.

Valaquen

Me, three years ago:

QuoteQ: There was a rumour that ADI had pitched their own Alien 5 to Fox. If true, can you elaborate on your ideas?

A: If true, I would not elaborate.

You guys, today:

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 02, 2017, 05:00:55 PM
We also asked Tom about reports that he pitched his own idea for Alien 5 way back when: "It was shortly after Alien Resurrection. I sat here in the conference room with the quadrilogy and I just watched each one, one right after the other. I spent the whole day and I was taking notes. My whole idea was finding some common thread – which is Ripley – to bring this whole storyline to some kind of satisfying close without dismissing anything that had happened in the past. It got pretty far in terms of a treatment.

:laugh:

Ahsoka

I wish someone would do a real sequel to Alien 4 with Sigourney etc

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Valaquen on Dec 05, 2017, 06:07:39 PM
Me, three years ago:

QuoteQ: There was a rumour that ADI had pitched their own Alien 5 to Fox. If true, can you elaborate on your ideas?

A: If true, I would not elaborate.

You guys, today:

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 02, 2017, 05:00:55 PM
We also asked Tom about reports that he pitched his own idea for Alien 5 way back when: "It was shortly after Alien Resurrection. I sat here in the conference room with the quadrilogy and I just watched each one, one right after the other. I spent the whole day and I was taking notes. My whole idea was finding some common thread – which is Ripley – to bring this whole storyline to some kind of satisfying close without dismissing anything that had happened in the past. It got pretty far in terms of a treatment.

:laugh:

Lol  :laugh: And I just want more details, more!!!

FHGD

I wish these guys where able to direct their own AVP movie in addition to doing the special effects, and no studio interference!

BishopShouldGo

That would be the worst movie ever. AvP:R status.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed