Warren Presents - Aliens II The Official Movie Magazine (1986)

Started by FenGiddel, Nov 29, 2017, 06:48:53 PM

Author
Warren Presents - Aliens II The Official Movie Magazine (1986) (Read 1,151 times)

FenGiddel

SM

Mine has been falling apart for years.

Digital copy will be very handy.

Elmazalman

I still have my battered copy from '86. An excellent magazine. It was here that I first discovered the ( may or may not be deleted - at the time) Burke cocoon scene.

The official collector's edition magazine of ALIEN - also by Warren - was great too, featuring a very interesting article on ALIEN secrets (deleted scenes) and a Harry Dean Stanton interview.

FenGiddel

Glad to be of service!

They have the ALIEN issue, too. Just not as clean a scan.

Elmazalman

The most interesting tidbit of information (for me) from the Harry Dean Stanton interview is: he describes extended footage of Brett searching for the cat and having some funny dialogue - cut for pacing and to maintain suspense.

FenGiddel

Agreed. I'd willingly sit through every bit of cut footage still in existence for ALIEN, just to see the sets and the actors' work. I LOVE the Corp!...er, I mean ALIEN! [/size] ;D

Mr. Clemens

I read that ALIEN magazine (and the novelization) constantly from '79-'83, when I finally got to see the actual film when a friend's family got a (gasp!) VHS player.  :D Though the magazine is long-since destroyed, I found another copy on eBay and it's one of my most treasured possessions. All I have to do is open it and I'm eight again.

Elmazalman

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Dec 16, 2017, 05:24:32 PM
I read that ALIEN magazine (and the novelization) constantly from '79-'83, when I finally got to see the actual film when a friend's family got a (gasp!) VHS player.  :D Though the magazine is long-since destroyed, I found another copy on eBay and it's one of my most treasured possessions. All I have to do is open it and I'm eight again.
It's really a great little mag. I first came across a second-hand copy in a comic book shop and promptly bought it - along with the two fold out poster magazines (for ALIEN).

I remember being blown away at the time by the back cover image of Lambert & the Alien.

I keep hoping the magazine will get a reprint for an ALIEN anniversary or something?

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Elmazalman on Dec 16, 2017, 09:06:56 PM
I remember being blown away at the time by the back cover image of Lambert & the Alien.

Oh yeah! My #1 fave production still.  ;D

A reprint would be welcome... but would it be the same if it didn't come on that cheap, crappy paper?  :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed