Does anyone else feel that the Neomorph is truly the perfect organism?

Started by GreybackElder, Nov 29, 2017, 03:00:21 AM

Author
Does anyone else feel that the Neomorph is truly the perfect organism? (Read 4,959 times)

SM

The motes were microscopic.  Who's to say they couldn't get in the seal of a spacesuit?

Snake

Doesn't that somehow defeat the purpose of it being a space suit then?

SM

It would.  But who could predict the motes behaviour or indeed existence?  They actively seek out hosts.

Snake

No one I guess, but I think a facehugger is far more terrifying than microscopic spores. With the right technology they could be dealt with quite easily I think.

SM

Absolutely a hugger is more terrifying on base level.

But you can shoot a facehugger.

OpenMaw

They're both pretty damn awful.

In either case I still think it would have been more effective, scene-wise, had the expedition been wearing some kind of hazmat, and we witnessed the spores penetrating the material somehow. Like watching them burrow between the fibers like a rat under a door. Up the intelligence of the human characters, and make the spores more terrifying.

PsyKore

I wonder if they had no suits in the film because they needed a way for the spores to infect them. The no suits or helmet thing didn't bother me though, but seeing the spores penetrating through a suit would've been an easy solution. They could've even done something simple like have Ledward take off his helmet to have a smoke - which is still stupid, but the dude needs a smoke!

Highland

Quote from: PsyKore on Dec 12, 2017, 03:00:29 AM
I wonder if they had no suits in the film because they needed a way for the spores to infect them. The no suits or helmet thing didn't bother me though, but seeing the spores penetrating through a suit would've been an easy solution. They could've even done something simple like have Ledward take off his helmet to have a smoke - which is still stupid, but the dude needs a smoke!

Obvious one I've mentioned before is that they just didn't want a large chunk of the movie with actors acting inside space suits. Funnily enough the character development was pretty below par anyway, but I'd say that's a good reason.

In Prometheus they did the same thing with the atmosphere inside. It would be a difficult experience for both the viewer and the actors just prancing about in space suits.

No doubt for someone to come along and say "it's safe guys" anyway.

Jonesy1974

Quote from: Highland on Dec 12, 2017, 08:13:10 AM

Obvious one I've mentioned before is that they just didn't want a large chunk of the movie with actors acting inside space suits. Funnily enough the character development was pretty below par anyway, but I'd say that's a good reason.

In Prometheus they did the same thing with the atmosphere inside. It would be a difficult experience for both the viewer and the actors just prancing about in space suits.

No doubt for someone to come along and say "it's safe guys" anyway.

This is exactly the reason. Its just so the audience can easily recognize and relate to the characters.

SM

That and even 30 years after Alien, the helmets on Prometheus were still burdensome.

tleilaxu

Or alternatively, the movie was on a tight budget and having everybody wear an expensive suit would've hampered its production.

Highland

There were no suits in Aliens and it worked perfectly well.

**sets trap for Scorpio

Deathbearer

Quote from: Highland on Dec 12, 2017, 12:13:37 PM

**sets trap for Scorpio

Better get your pulse rifle ready

SM

Quote from: Highland on Dec 12, 2017, 12:13:37 PM

**sets trap for Scorpio

:laugh:

OpenMaw

Quote from: tleilaxu on Dec 12, 2017, 11:16:00 AM
Or alternatively, the movie was on a tight budget and having everybody wear an expensive suit would've hampered its production.

Covenant was on a tight budget?

They already have space suits. It's not like it would have cost the much to get some basic hazmat garments and gas masks.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed