Does anyone else feel that the Neomorph is truly the perfect organism?

Started by GreybackElder, Nov 29, 2017, 03:00:21 AM

Author
Does anyone else feel that the Neomorph is truly the perfect organism? (Read 4,945 times)

Space7Horror

It definitely adds to the mystery of the accelerant and allows the mystery of it's origins and the origins of the Aliens original DNA to be kept a mystery.  David just made a variant of the creature, now we just need to see how the Derelict fits in to all of this.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Space7Horror on Dec 09, 2017, 01:57:20 PM
Quote from: The_Foxcatcher on Dec 09, 2017, 12:37:50 PM
Quote from: Space7Horror on Dec 08, 2017, 08:33:18 PM
When Prometheus first came out my original thought was that the accelerant was derived from Alien DNA and was essentially made to make the species more controllable/containable.  As time went on though and after Covenant I fee like the accelerant is the beginning or at least it was derived from something much worse.  Prometheus showed us in the murals that the alien already existed but their main focus was still the accelerant which makes me think that it is something the Engineers had found and experimented with, just as David is doing. 
I think it works with the idea that the engineers are just pawns as well and that there are bigger and worse things out there.

In original draft by Jon Spaihts, there were Scarabs instead of Black Goo. The scarabs used to inject DNA matrix which then spreads across the body into each cells of the Host and replaces the Host's DNA with the delivery DNA. On primitive Earth, the scarab injects Engineer's DNA into an early hominid woman and transforming her into more human. Fifield was injected with Xenomorph DNA and he turned into Xenomorphic creature. 

So if we believe the Black Goo to have same kind of action, then the Black Goo is a version of 'Vector virus'. It is imbibded with the Ultramorph's  (Mural creature) DNA. It enters the body on cellular level and replaces the host DNA by the delivery DNA.

I actually like that idea.  That it is customizable and the accelerant can change the DNA of whomever it comes in contact with based off how it was initially created.  It would actually explain how the engineer in the opening of Prometheus drank an accelerant like substance but created humans and not Aliens.  It must have contained the DNA of Engineers.

Yeah, Spaihts' nanomachines were less ambiguous than Lindelof's alchemy. But the origin of the xenomorph is almost as ambiguous in that draft, opening up the possibilities for different scenarios.

Is the Xenomorph a natural life form? (maybe the Engineers found it and then used the Accelerant / Scarabs to create the xeno-like creatures. Or even they could have used some ancestral biomechanical monster as raw material to create the Black Goo)

Or perhaps it's the other way, the xeno-like creatures were first, and later the Xenomorph was created by the Engineers / David.

But what is even more interesting...

Who created the black goo in the first place? it was an invention of the Engineers, or someone else? (BTW, when I say "someone else", I'm not thinking about the "Truly Space Jockey", since I've already accepted that the Engineers are the Jockeys, but I'm dreaming about something different and new).

Anyway, I am aware that such questions will never be answered in the form of film. It is not necessary, but hey! one can dream. After all, Engineers technology is worthy of being explored in some way.

Space7Horror

Quote from: Crazy Shrimp on Dec 09, 2017, 09:11:42 PM
Quote from: Space7Horror on Dec 09, 2017, 01:57:20 PM
Quote from: The_Foxcatcher on Dec 09, 2017, 12:37:50 PM
Quote from: Space7Horror on Dec 08, 2017, 08:33:18 PM
When Prometheus first came out my original thought was that the accelerant was derived from Alien DNA and was essentially made to make the species more controllable/containable.  As time went on though and after Covenant I fee like the accelerant is the beginning or at least it was derived from something much worse.  Prometheus showed us in the murals that the alien already existed but their main focus was still the accelerant which makes me think that it is something the Engineers had found and experimented with, just as David is doing. 
I think it works with the idea that the engineers are just pawns as well and that there are bigger and worse things out there.

In original draft by Jon Spaihts, there were Scarabs instead of Black Goo. The scarabs used to inject DNA matrix which then spreads across the body into each cells of the Host and replaces the Host's DNA with the delivery DNA. On primitive Earth, the scarab injects Engineer's DNA into an early hominid woman and transforming her into more human. Fifield was injected with Xenomorph DNA and he turned into Xenomorphic creature. 

So if we believe the Black Goo to have same kind of action, then the Black Goo is a version of 'Vector virus'. It is imbibded with the Ultramorph's  (Mural creature) DNA. It enters the body on cellular level and replaces the host DNA by the delivery DNA.

I actually like that idea.  That it is customizable and the accelerant can change the DNA of whomever it comes in contact with based off how it was initially created.  It would actually explain how the engineer in the opening of Prometheus drank an accelerant like substance but created humans and not Aliens.  It must have contained the DNA of Engineers.

Yeah, Spaihts' nanomachines were less ambiguous than Lindelof's alchemy. But the origin of the xenomorph is almost as ambiguous in that draft, opening up the possibilities for different scenarios.

Is the Xenomorph a natural life form? (maybe the Engineers found it and then used the Accelerant / Scarabs to create the xeno-like creatures. Or even they could have used some ancestral biomechanical monster as raw material to create the Black Goo)

Or perhaps it's the other way, the xeno-like creatures were first, and later the Xenomorph was created by the Engineers / David.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-NPCQ46TB6wI/UCVVh-cTkTI/AAAAAAAALDA/G0SzoK5j5so/s400/Prometheus+-+Sala+-+Mural.jpg

But what is even more interesting...

Who created the black goo? It was an invention of the Engineers, or someone else? (BTW, when I say "someone else", I'm not thinking about the "True Space Jockeys", since I've already accepted that the Engineers are the Jockeys, but I'm dreaming about something different and new).

Anyway, I am aware that this kind of questions will be never answered in the form of film. It is not necessary, but hey! one can dream. After all, Engineers technology is worthy of being explored in some way.

I like that the possibility of there being other "things" out there that are hinted at in Prometheus and Covenant but that we will never get to see.  It keeps the mystery alive and its creepier not knowing exactly the origin of the "Alien DNA".  We instead get to see the manipulation of the DNA and how it has affected the Engineers and now Humanity.

david8

what if the xenomorph is the most ancient species and the space jockey arrived after the xenomorph
they had no idea where they came from either but engineered their life source/blood into the black goo
isn't that the creepiest idea- that the alien existed before everything else

Biomechanoid

Quote from: david8 on Dec 09, 2017, 10:42:56 PM
what if the xenomorph is the most ancient species and the space jockey arrived after the xenomorph
they had no idea where they came from either but engineered their life source/blood into the black goo
Going by its physical appearance, it appears it adopted mechanical/technical traits within its visual form. This technology or mechanical components would have to already exist, suggesting it was adopting another species mechanical accomplishments.

On the other side of the coin, just the opposite, perhaps another species got the idea of mechanical components from the physical traits of your ancient xenomorphs.

david8

i should have specified that i'm not saying the xenomorph in alien is the ancient version, i'm contemplating if we still haven't seen that yet

Space7Horror

Quote from: david8 on Dec 09, 2017, 11:11:25 PM
i should have specified that i'm not saying the xenomorph in alien is the ancient version, i'm contemplating if we still haven't seen that yet

I would go with that we have yet to see the original, and I don't think we ever will.  I would say whatever was on LV-426 is close to the original creature but that all depends on what happens in the next film. 

tleilaxu

Quote from: Biomechanoid on Dec 09, 2017, 10:53:27 PM
Quote from: david8 on Dec 09, 2017, 10:42:56 PM
Going by its physical appearance, it appears it adopted mechanical/technical traits within its visual form. This technology or mechanical components would have to already exist, suggesting it was adopting another species mechanical accomplishments.

On the other side of the coin, just the opposite, perhaps another species got the idea of mechanical components from the physical traits of your ancient xenomorphs.
I'm pretty sure the difference in look is purely aesthetic design. Giger designed the original one, and thus it was very much in line with his artwork. The one in Covenant was probably made more organic to make it more fresh.

Biomechanoid

Quote from: tleilaxu on Dec 09, 2017, 11:28:46 PM
I'm pretty sure the difference in look is purely aesthetic design. Giger designed the original one, and thus it was very much in line with his artwork.

That goes without saying, I'm pretty sure most here know the "out of story" reason why the creature looks the way it does. But david8 was sharing his "in story" theories, hence my addition of in-story speculation.

tleilaxu

Quote from: Biomechanoid on Dec 10, 2017, 12:08:10 AM
Quote from: tleilaxu on Dec 09, 2017, 11:28:46 PM
I'm pretty sure the difference in look is purely aesthetic design. Giger designed the original one, and thus it was very much in line with his artwork.

That goes without saying, I'm pretty sure most here know the "out of story" reason why the creature looks the way it does. But david8 was sharing his "in story" theories, hence my addition of in-story speculation.
Right. I remember some posts being quite bent on them being distinct entities though. Also, personally I'd prefer if the Xeno was something that had been created, either by the engineers or by David, taking a page from the Shoggoths from At the Mountains of Madness.

Biomechanoid

Quote from: tleilaxu on Dec 10, 2017, 12:34:41 AM
Also, personally I'd prefer if the Xeno was something that had been created, either by the engineers or by David
Same here. Seeing the hydraulic-ish tubing embedded in the creature way back in 79, I immediately pondered on what kind of experiments conducted by someone or something, has this creature been through. I imagined, at one time the tubes were externally attached. As years of tinkering progressed, the experimental creatures eventually merged the tubing into their physical form.

david8

out of interest, why do you prefer that the alien is an engineered creature?

tleilaxu

Quote from: Biomechanoid on Dec 10, 2017, 12:44:18 AM
Quote from: tleilaxu on Dec 10, 2017, 12:34:41 AM
Also, personally I'd prefer if the Xeno was something that had been created, either by the engineers or by David
Same here. Seeing the hydraulic-ish tubing embedded in the creature way back in 79, I immediately pondered on what kind of experiments conducted by someone or something, has this creature been through. I imagined, at one time the tubes were externally attached. As years of tinkering progressed, the experimental creatures eventually merged the tubing into their physical form.
Hard to read that without a mental image of Giger popping up in my head.

Quote from: david8 on Dec 10, 2017, 12:55:37 AM
For me, as I mentioned with the Shoggoth parallel, it adds a Lovecraftian feel.

Biomechanoid

Quote from: david8 on Dec 10, 2017, 12:55:37 AM
And for me.....Mainly because of the mechanical tubing. It's a technical visual, not an organic visual. It just seems too far fetched that an alien creature coincidentally evolved a very familiar human designed-like mechanical visual within its physical form.

Snake

I still believe the Xenomorph is the more efficient species. If the crew of the Covenant would have worn helmets or masks, there wouldn't be any exposure of alien bacteria to the crew. The facehugger on the other hand is fast, relentless and very powerfull (it breaks Kane's helmet).The alien itself  has a strong exoskeleton, secondary jaws, and because of it's elongated skull I think it's more intelligent as well. So it's more deadly than a neomorph to my mind.

About the acid melting Walter's hand, I have an idea of some sort: David literally punched the neomorph, but it grabbed him with his teeth. Maybe the Neomorph got injured somewhat, and maybe it has lost one of it's teeth, causing Walter's hand to melt :) No seriously, I think Walter hurt the neomorph somehow, causing it to bleed acid.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed