DH ‘Announces’ Aliens: Dust to Dust

Started by Ultramorph, Nov 29, 2017, 12:08:15 AM

Author
DH ‘Announces’ Aliens: Dust to Dust (Read 75,771 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Nothing's perfect.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Mar 18, 2019, 07:28:45 PM
I finally got round to getting issue 4 for this, and it's a very solid book.

Bit of a howler with the 'Mom' Alien regrowing an arm in one panel, but little else to fault.

Cant have a proper jazz hands panel without the plural!

Nukiemorph

Are you talking about page 12, where Max tries talking to "Mom" and gets attacked?  I figured it was another alien jumping into frame... because the story establishes Mom wouldn't have attacked Max.

The Old One

The Old One

Perhaps.

Nukiemorph

Either way, that part was a little clunky.

Either A: Mom attacks Maxon in that scene alone, but protects him in the rest of the series, (and has two arms in that frame by mistake).

Or B: Another alien jumped into frame and it wasn't executed very clearly, leading to confusion.  But then why didn't Mom defend Maxon from this other alien?

Is Mom going through an internal struggle?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: David's Creation on Mar 18, 2019, 09:24:50 PM
Or B: Another alien jumped into frame and it wasn't executed very clearly, leading to confusion.  But then why didn't Mom defend Maxon from this other alien?

I'm 100% certain it was nothing more than an art error. The whole question of that part of the series is "is it protecting Max?" And Hardman deliberately wanted to leave the answer open.

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Mar 18, 2019, 05:54:42 PM
Always a pleasure reading your reviews Hicks and this one was no exception.

Thanks. I'm glad you dug it.  :)

Nukiemorph

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 19, 2019, 08:25:01 AM
I'm 100% certain it was nothing more than an art error. The whole question of that part of the series is "is it protecting Max?" And Hardman deliberately wanted to live the answer open.

I don't know how else to interpret Mom attacking the queen at the end, but I see in your review that the podcast sheds some light on this.  I'll give it a listen at work tomorrow.

SM

SM

Quote from: David's Creation on Mar 18, 2019, 08:01:58 PM
Are you talking about page 12, where Max tries talking to "Mom" and gets attacked?  I figured it was another alien jumping into frame... because the story establishes Mom wouldn't have attacked Max.

It's the only Alien in that part of the story.

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

Then I wonder if it would be out of the question for the art error to be fixed for the trade paperback.

So he says that there are two conflicting moments in the final issue as far as Mom's motivations.  I assume he's talking about the moment where Mom attacks Maxon and the moment where she saves him from the queen.  If that's indeed what he's talking about, then it is just an art mistake.

(And for the record, it's actually in two panels.  In the very next panel, where she tackles Maxon, you see her right arm again.)

The Old One

The Old One

Worth contacting Gabriel Hardman concerning? For the TPB?

The Old One

The Old One

No? Ok. lol

Corporal Hicks

Nostromo

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 27, 2019, 12:45:39 PM
Podcast is up :)

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/2019/03/27/aliens-dust-to-dust-review-avp-galaxy-podcast-83/

Nice, good job! Do you recommend listening to it before my Dust to Dust TPB arrives in May? Probably not, right lol.

Corporal Hicks

There's spoilers in it so, probably better to listen after, unless you don't care.

DaniilLogOut

DaniilLogOut

New podcast is always a great piece of news.

I like the comic. It was interesting take and enjoyable read. And artwork is great.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed