DH ‘Announces’ Aliens: Dust to Dust

Started by Ultramorph, Nov 29, 2017, 12:08:15 AM

Author
DH ‘Announces’ Aliens: Dust to Dust (Read 77,257 times)

Corporal Hicks

That seems to be a real problem with single creator series.

Russ840

Yeah. They have a lot to do but I don't see why Dark Horse just don't wait until a couple of issues are in the bag before they even announce the release date.

The Old One

The Old One

Better off delayed rather than rushed.
God knows I wish Defiance had been delayed and had Tristan Jones do the art for the entire series.

It's not just a case of aesthetics either, I believe the criticized second half would have had a more potent mood and been stronger if it was accompanied by his artwork.

Whiskeybrewer

Ah come on

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Old One on Aug 01, 2018, 10:58:00 AM
God knows I wish Defiance had been delayed and had Tristan Jones do the art for the entire series.

It's not just a case of aesthetics either, I believe the criticized second half would have had a more potent mood and been stronger if it was accompanied by his artwork.

I think Tristan was also contributing quite a lot to the story too so I've no doubt the second half would have been stronger in more than just art if he'd remained on.

Quote from: The Old One on Aug 01, 2018, 10:58:00 AM
Better off delayed rather than rushed.

Oh, definitely. I'd rather wait and get goodness from the end of it.

Russ840

Issue 3 is now October and 4 is November

https://www.darkhorse.com/Search/Aliens

Corporal Hicks

That sucks.  :'(

HuDaFuK

When was the last time Dark Horse released a series with every issue out on time? Lol.

Whiskeybrewer

Its getting me worried about Alien 3 now

SM

SM

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 24, 2018, 09:20:06 AM
When was the last time Dark Horse released a series with every issue out on time? Lol.

Fire & Stone and Life & Death were pretty regular.

HuDaFuK

True.

Wasn't intended as criticism, just an observation. At the end of the day, I'd rather suffer a delay than get a sub-standard, unfinished product (not that I'm buying these comics, but you understand my drift).

Ultramorph

It's a side effect of their strategy of doing single artist comics. One person can only crank things out so fast.

Nostromo

Nostromo

Holy crap! This could be the best looking Alien I've ever seen in a comic. Especially the stance, mouth, back, wish it had the smooth head but that's ok. I'm so impressed I'm going to order all the comics, variants and TPB for Dust to Dust. Hope the story is ok also.

The Old One

The Old One

That's the Alien Isolation stance, with the proportions altered to make the best of those designs- that's why it looks, so, so, good.

I've no doubts about the artwork, I just hope it's got a story that compells me to turn the page as much as the artwork.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

https://www.cbr.com/aliens-dust-to-dust-maxon-xenomorph-relationship/?utm_source=CBR-FB-P&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&fbclid=IwAR1MdjR2WBKXpv9F2LXIQnkounGwZ042p9l5ICheGQe_ljvf8Bebl67_FBg

It sounds to me like
Spoiler
we maybe seeing something to do with an Alien showing some sort of recognition (or more) to the family of its host.
[close]

Not sure how I feel about that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed