MSP Moving Away from TBBC

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 28, 2017, 01:44:19 PM

Author
MSP Moving Away from TBBC (Read 1,498 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

And TBBC closing servers.

QuoteAs most of you probably noticed, the servers have been going down a lot lately. This is due to a clown who made it a daily routine to constantly DDoS our servers. This has been going on for a long time now with varying intensity. You may wonder if there's anything we can do. Well, not really. We run this as a free service. Launching a DDoS attack is so cheap nowadays that any retard can do it. The cost of successfully mitigating one is very high, however. Only the magnitude of his obsession limits the damage he causes. Because his obsession is seemingly endless, we decided to discontinue the TBBC servers. This website will stay online a little longer during which I will seek a successor for the master server. The game servers will not return.

http://forum.tbbcbase.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=311

I know there's some drama around these guys and others groups and I'm not interested in pointing any fingers or having any fights start here but this is so the folk that still use the MSP are aware.

piff

piff

I wish people could stop fighting and come together and bring avp2 to virtual reality

x-M-x

x-M-x

Something is in the works (no one needs to cry about it)  :)

Isn't the end of an era just yet Hicks.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Remind me so much the AJL B3 era when I got hacked (mods + forum) and so AJL simply released the Beta... unfinished.
Such a shame considering how unstable it is, the mod is a beautiful piece of work and a fun gameplay experience.

Hackers ::) there's no point into making another MS if it gets the same treatment.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: x-M-x on Nov 28, 2017, 04:25:34 PM
Something is in the works (no one needs to cry about it)  :)

Isn't the end of an era just yet Hicks.

Glad to hear.

Canon_Barbarian

Canon_Barbarian

Quote from: Le Celticant on Nov 28, 2017, 09:45:03 PM
Remind me so much the AJL B3 era

You got hacked years before the release of B3. I don't think that too events are related. Just saying.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 28, 2017, 01:44:19 PM
And TBBC closing servers.

Servers != MSP != Master server

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Quote from: Canon_Barbarian on Dec 04, 2017, 02:29:22 PM
Quote from: Le Celticant on Nov 28, 2017, 09:45:03 PM
Remind me so much the AJL B3 era

You got hacked years before the release of B3. I don't think that too events are related. Just saying.

If you mean the final B3 version, yeah about a year or a bit less.
But another Beta was released in the week I got hacked (and several other patch during the year) because it leaked anyway and it was officially released on the forum fixing at least the main issue the unstable version that was testing purpose not gaming.
So yeah, hacker is indirectly responsible for the release which wasn't supposed to happen.
After about a year of patching he made the decision to just abandon and released the B3 you can find everywhere today (but there was a previous version with at least 10 patch before).

The mod btw is still in beta.
Last I heard from AJL, he just gave up.
Not interested to work for outdated engine and hacking wasn't part of the plan.
He wanted to release a finish version with tons of idea that can't translate with Lithtech.
It's still a very unstable version, R2 is far safer.

We also had a meeting when we worked on Cryengine/Unreal engine to try to make a new avp game.
But guess what: The team got hacked and the main coder left ::)

IXvPRIMUSvXI

IXvPRIMUSvXI

Hey Le Celticant..I have AVP 2010 for Steam, PS3 and XBOX 360...

And i wanna rank up to Rank 43 on both systems..so any help will be appreciated.

Add me
X360: Scarface Pred
PSN: ScarfacePred_DBC

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed