Estimates on Trailer Release?

Started by ace3g, Nov 28, 2017, 04:30:05 AM

Author
Estimates on Trailer Release? (Read 120,885 times)

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Whos_Nick on Apr 24, 2018, 09:00:19 PM
release the trailer

They kind of need to. It's been long enough. "We need to know what we're dealing with".

skull-splitter

Quote from: Huggs on Apr 24, 2018, 08:45:45 PM
Quote from: skull-splitter on Apr 24, 2018, 08:15:07 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 24, 2018, 04:56:13 PM
It didn't originate from the con. It was an actual cinema that leaked it.
Source? And the principle remains: once stuff leaks, they usually react fast by releasing an original source over the bootleg.

Not holding my breath over it, just saying what I expect in 2018 to happen.

That being said, Huggs, you need a novel to judge a film?!

Only in the sense that by combining the plot summary online and the official movie novelization after the films release, I can get a basic enough grasp of what the overall tone and narrative structure of the film truly are. The novel just adds much more detail to what I already know from the plot summary. Granted, there are some instances where the novel surpasses the film, such as covenant or skull island. My overall point here is that I will personally have enough information from those sources to make my decision regarding whether to go see the film in theaters.

So yes, this is my method. I can borrow a book or get one from a library. And they're also very cheap. I can also put a book down after 5 minutes, and come back to it a year later at no charge. Once I've paid to see a bad movie, all I can do is suffer through it, or walk out early with less money and nothing to show for it.
I get what you're saying. Knowing what details meant make films more interesting later on.

BvS for instance, I liked the theatrical, but the more layers and references I read about later, the better the film as a whole gets.

But, in the end, the film can be judged perfectly fine on release.

Corporal Hicks

Source? And the principle remains: once stuff leaks, they usually react fast by releasing an original source over the bootleg.

TrailerTrack. They're a website/social community that does what it says on the tin.

Quotethe leak minutes ago (it's from a cinema which received the trailer to play with INFINITY WAR) basically confirms - expect a new #Venom trailer online this week, if not tonight after the CinemaCon presentation

https://twitter.com/trailertrack/status/988541948389621761

goose_3387

goose_3387

Quote from: Actual Hybrid on Apr 25, 2018, 05:41:01 PM
Is today the day?

Fans are hoping for a trailer leak from a movie that comes out in just over 4 months (crazy!!!). If they don't drop it this week it will be May before we see a trailer...

skull-splitter

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 25, 2018, 08:50:24 AM

TrailerTrack. They're a website/social community that does what it says on the tin.

Quotethe leak minutes ago (it's from a cinema which received the trailer to play with INFINITY WAR) basically confirms - expect a new #Venom trailer online this week, if not tonight after the CinemaCon presentation

https://twitter.com/trailertrack/status/988541948389621761
This basically confirms my expectation. But thanks.

Corporal Hicks

How so?

Is today the day?

26th. It's 25th - for me, anyway.

skull-splitter

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 25, 2018, 07:34:57 PM
How so?

Is today the day?

26th. It's 25th - for me, anyway.
Cinecon -> reason for new material -> showing trailer regardless of source -> bootleg appearing -> official source for said trailer released

And while the Predator might not be attached till Deadpool hits, íf it leaks, an official link will be published really quick. Not saying it will happen, but if it does this is the expected chain of events.

All we need to do is wait till sunday.

Doomofman

Doomofman

All I want from Cinemacon is to know how much the trailer matches or doesn't match the draft of the script that floating around

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Doomofman on Apr 25, 2018, 10:26:59 PM
All I want from Cinemacon is to know how much the trailer matches or doesn't match the draft of the script that floating around

I think detail is going to be minimal. At least too minimal to determine the extent to which it matches the script. The tone of the trailer is going to be the big thing for me. Like when Meg finally released the trailer and Sinatra started singing and the footage focused too much on the humor. It just made the movie seem even more cheesy and generic than a summer shark movie starring Jason Stathom should. I hope it turns out alittle more serious than the trailer made it seem, but I'm not holding my breath. First trailers are indeed important.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Huggs on Apr 25, 2018, 11:47:03 PM
Quote from: Doomofman on Apr 25, 2018, 10:26:59 PM
The tone of the trailer is going to be the big thing for me.

Same for me, can't wait to find out ! I guess i hope it won't be too humor heavy, i will be surprised if they played that card in the first trailer.

happypred

happypred

Very odd how long they're delaying the trailer release

Frankly, I don't think the studio has confidence in this film

Remember when Black was gushing about this being an "event" film? More like non-event...

ace3g

ace3g

#140 days till The Predator !!!

goose_3387

goose_3387

Quote from: happypred on Apr 26, 2018, 12:51:11 AM
Very odd how long they're delaying the trailer release

Frankly, I don't think the studio has confidence in this film

Remember when Black was gushing about this being an "event" film? More like non-event...

Sad but true.

I'm still hyped for the movie but I fear this will pass the general audience by.

Everyone saying that this could be the next IT, IT's first trailer was in the March and the marketing had well and truly kicked in by now. That was an event movie.

dillonyousonofa

Everywhere I read so far the last couple days says that today they will be showing it at cinemacon.   So wouldnt we then expect it to end up on youtube or here, later in the afternoon latest?

Corporal Hicks

I don't expect anything to leak from Cinemacon. We'll get descriptions but actual footage is unlikely. The trailer isn't far off, though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed