Estimates on Trailer Release?

Started by ace3g, Nov 28, 2017, 04:30:05 AM

Author
Estimates on Trailer Release? (Read 121,556 times)

ELDERCLANLEADER

My highlight actor in moonlight was Mahershala Ali, I think he was such a believable guy as Juan, that
part where he is teaching little to swim , really tugged on my heart in a way very few films ever do. Interestingly he was also in predators.

Malash

Malash

next week we are waiting for the trailer

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Anyone else think that it's a good thing that they didn't bring a full A list actors for this film ?

black

black

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 22, 2018, 12:30:08 PM
Anyone else think that it's a good thing that they didn't bring a full A list actors for this film ?
I

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Good to know, i saw so many negative responses to the cast, and that it was a shame that they couldn't bring more A listers... I'm not sure that would serve the movie/story in an effective way... Draw people into theaters probably though...

Darkoo

Darkoo

Quote from: Malash on Apr 22, 2018, 10:37:15 AM
next week we are waiting for the trailer
Waiting for the trailer reactions. only
https://twitter.com/trailertrack/status/988093736969269248

skull-splitter

Shame. And fairly idiotic if you ask me. So they hold it for Dead Pool's release? That's just weeks after.

Anthony

Anthony

Quote from: skull-splitter on Apr 22, 2018, 05:34:39 PM
Shame. And fairly idiotic if you ask me. So they hold it for Dead Pool's release? That's just weeks after.

What's idiotic about it? Deadpool 2 is looking to be a pretty big hit, and both that and The Predator are Fox films. Makes sense for the its trailer to be with the film.

skull-splitter

Quote from: AD on Apr 22, 2018, 05:46:07 PM
Quote from: skull-splitter on Apr 22, 2018, 05:34:39 PM

What's idiotic about it? Deadpool 2 is looking to be a pretty big hit, and both that and The Predator are Fox films. Makes sense for the its trailer to be with the film.
It's the temporal exclusivety I meant, not coupling it with the Deadpool 2 release (which is an estimate, not a given.).

Huggs

Huggs

I wonder if they're not exactly satisfied with the trailer either, and are waiting to see the reactions from cinemacon, in case they want to make changes in tone or clip selection before it goes wide. Any word on music choice yet? There's been an increase in the use of classic rock in trailers over the last while. I wonder if we'll be hearing the rolling stones or AC/DC while predators fire from apc's? I expect anything at this point.

Hollywood

Hollywood

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 22, 2018, 12:30:08 PM

Although I think one big name would have been beneficial, I like the cast and I'm glad they got a lead who is an up-in-comer not attached to any other franchise. He's young enough to (if his character survives and 'The Predator' is successful) work on a sequel or two in a timely manner. I liked him in Narcos and Logan so really hoping that this movie can make him a more recognizable name.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

They didn't have the money for a big name action star. Which is a great thing since they already have the Predator. Frees up money for other things.

Original Predator

Quote from: whiterabbit on Apr 23, 2018, 12:37:13 AM
They didn't have the money for a big name action star. Which is a great thing since they already have the Predator. Frees up money for other things.

Yeah cause a movie "staring" the predator is legit.

Who needs an A-lister when you have a cult classic creature?  Lol.

B. Holbrook was great in wolverine, correct.

Next to ummmm an A LIST ACTOR!!!

I love how this board literally sets up a path of excuses for why fox and black is being cheap and lazy with this film.

Soothsayers not needed.

Hollywood

Hollywood

Quote from: Original Predator on Apr 23, 2018, 12:56:09 AM
Yeah cause a movie "staring" the predator is legit.

Who needs an A-lister when you have a cult classic creature?  Lol.

B. Holbrook was great in wolverine, correct.

Next to ummmm an A LIST ACTOR!!!

I love how this board literally sets up a path of excuses for why fox and black is being cheap and lazy with this film.

Soothsayers not needed.
Are they being cheap and lazy? Benicio was originally in negotiations so they do have the money for a bigger name. I don't consider any of what they've been doing lazy though.

I do agree the film would've benefited from an A list actor.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

It would benefit from a marketing standpoint, whether that would ensure success is another matter. I mean, Fox reportedly pushed for James Franco as McKenna, which I can't really see, to be honest. Would have been oddly interesting to see him in both Alien and Predator, though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed