Estimates on Trailer Release?

Started by ace3g, Nov 28, 2017, 04:30:05 AM

Author
Estimates on Trailer Release? (Read 120,840 times)

ELDERCLANLEADER

@ Stealth hunter .. true that infinity war is getting all the attention , but to be fair it's not like it hasn't earned it , this film will be a game changer for superhero films for years to come.

No doubt , this will huge. I mean to get to this point it's been ten years , and they have somehow managed to minimise any plot holes and tie all the films together in a coherent fashion ,  it's quite impressive.

I don't think deadpool 2 will be as successful as the first at least critically , box office figures are another ball game.

I still have this sneaky feeling venom will be the highlight film that takes us all by surprise. After all this is tom hardy , and he is currently the best actor in my opinion my country has to offer. I won't write anything off he's involved in. In fact I think tom hardy would do well in a predator film in the future, he certainly can pull off the macho look when he wants to... who knows what the future may bring , but I could definitely see tom hardy being part of alien or predator one day.

skull-splitter

Quote from: Huggs on Apr 18, 2018, 10:22:26 PM
Count me in the "later" rather than "sooner" group. We've still got a ways to go before the movie comes out. I'm gonna play it safe and say June before a mass available trailer is released. I'd be plenty happy to be wrong, but there's already been delays and now the big reshoot. How much faith they have in this film's ability to earn big at this point I don't know. But I wonder if that will effect the aggressiveness behind the marketing. They need to get after it though, there's still a lot of big movies coming out. Infinity War, Jurassic World 2, and now there's Meg.
June is really, really late. I expect something around Ininity War which ties in nicely with the 26th showing, and it likely is linked to the Deadpool trailer. Not holding any breath though.

The Wolverine Predator

I remember Tom Hardy being named the favorite to be the lead in The Predator...that never came true..lol but anyway I think Boyd is gonna knock it out of the park and I'm thinking we'll see something with Deadpool 2.... hopefully

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: The Wolverine Predator on Apr 19, 2018, 12:00:39 PM
I remember Tom Hardy being named the favorite to be the lead in The Predator...that never came true..lol but anyway I think Boyd is gonna knock it out of the park and I'm thinking we'll see something with Deadpool 2.... hopefully

After seeing Boyd in Narcos and Logan, i'm fine with him.

Not all actors weren't available though, i heard wispers that FOX and Black couldn't agree on a lead, despite Del Toro/Hardy not being available, FOX wanted younger people who can carry the franchise longer, leading to them completely recasting the movie from scratch. That's why they shifted filming from September to February and scrapping 50 Cent, for example.

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Apr 19, 2018, 12:16:57 PM

Not all actors weren't available though, i heard wispers that FOX and Black couldn't agree on a lead, despite Del Toro/Hardy not being available, FOX wanted younger people who can carry the franchise longer, leading to them completely recasting the movie from scratch. That's why they shifted filming from September to February and scrapping 50 Cent, for example.
Del Toro would have been cool, but it would be hard for me to see him as Rory's dad
Boyd was great in Narcos and Logan for sure
I'm really hoping they can make a few more sequels off of this next movie

ELDERCLANLEADER

It's so interesting this site , I knew about del toro and 50 cent , del toro would of been cool , but 50 ? Yeah they dodged a bullet , he's terrible at acting imo. 😂

I wasn't aware that tom hardy was approached, I would love to see a revenant/predator hybrid , I think it could work really well , especially the opening attack scene , Yano the long drawn out set piece at the beginning , how cool would it be if it was predators instead of native Americans ? I dunno I just remember watching it , and thinking this would be perfect for predator.  ;D

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

3 months and 3 weeks until the global Cinema release and there is still no public trailer, no marketing, no hype. . silly, how there can be any hype when there is a zero effort behind it. I believe that people responsible for this movie must be a bunch of amateurs, without any excuse. I dont understand why they showing the trailer at first behind the close doors, they dont believe into their own product or what? It should be already everywhere, on Youtube, on movie websites etc. Im super tired from all that waiting, maybe it will be much better if there wouldnt be so many negative things around this film, but still. . the politics behind this is just hilarious. Thats why I smell disaster all the time.

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

When they first announced that it will be Shane Black who will be directing this movie, at first I was very glad for it, really. But, by the time, I was not expecting that this will have such a strange production full of weird decisions etc. Production of this movie should be much better. . no doubt, Im sad that this is happening with Predator.

Hollywood

Hollywood

Was 50 cent officially offered a role? I  remember him talking about how he was going to do it but no official word got out about that. It wouldn't surprise me if he auditioned and boasted about how he'd be in the movie before actually getting offered a role.

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: Hollywood on Apr 19, 2018, 02:55:25 PM

Was 50 cent officially offered a role? I  remember him talking about how he was going to do it but no official word got out about that. It wouldn't surprise me if he auditioned and boasted about how he'd be in the movie before actually getting offered a role.
Fred told me he was being considered, probably for the Nebraska Williams role

Hollywood

Hollywood

Ah, that does ring a bell. I vaguely remember you reporting that here or on Twitter or something.

If it was for the Nebraska Williams role then I'm glad they went with Trevante Rhodes. I don't dislike 50 Cent, I just think Rhodes is a great talent who needs even more recognition after Moonlight and 12 Strong.

funk_master_chunk

funk_master_chunk

When Shane Black tweeted:

"You'll never see him coming"

I'm beginning to wonder if he was talking about the bloody trailer!

Appreciate that 'no news is good news' etc. but I'd have like to have heard more than the director, basically, telling us to hold our horses.

To add to the above; the Halloween reboot posted a pic on Social media today. That's out in 6 months.

Appreciate we've already had a poster release; but they look to be building some momentum in their marketing.

ELDERCLANLEADER

Hollywood I agree with you on Trevante Rhodes over 50 cent , he is a talent and moonlight was a masterpiece imo. A very rare piece of cinema that doesn't come along too often. By the way I like 50 too , but he should stick to trolling Conor mcgreggor on twitter, I just think he's very wooden acting wise.

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: Hollywood on Apr 19, 2018, 03:11:45 PM
Ah, that does ring a bell. I vaguely remember you reporting that here or on Twitter or something.

If it was for the Nebraska Williams role then I'm glad they went with Trevante Rhodes. I don't dislike 50 Cent, I just think Rhodes is a great talent who needs even more recognition after Moonlight and 12 Strong.
I never saw Moonlight, but just watched 12 Strong the other day and I was impressed with his character

Hollywood

Hollywood

Quote from: The Wolverine Predator on Apr 19, 2018, 08:24:22 PM
Quote from: Hollywood on Apr 19, 2018, 03:11:45 PM

I never saw Moonlight, but just watched 12 Strong the other day and I was impressed with his character

Nice, I agree his character was good in 12 Strong. Moonlight may not be everyone's cup of tea but I liked it a lot. He shows up in the later part of the film and absolutely commands the screen with his strong presence imo.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed