Estimates on Trailer Release?

Started by ace3g, Nov 28, 2017, 04:30:05 AM

Author
Estimates on Trailer Release? (Read 120,830 times)

dallevalle

dallevalle

Quote from: Hollywood on Apr 17, 2018, 06:46:43 PM
Quote from: Doomofman on Apr 15, 2018, 07:06:14 PM
Quote from: skull-splitter on Apr 15, 2018, 06:59:05 PM
I expect it to be out on the 26th since else they will just have bootlegs.

I dunno how likely people at Cinemacon are to bootleg a trailer... Maybe if it was for a bigger franchise...

We may get a description at least, I expect the trailer to hit theatres with Deadpool 2 and be online either the same day or the following Monday of that release

I think you're right about the chances of a bootleg being recorded. If it does, though, I hope fox just releases it instead of trying to delete it everywhere.

that's what happend with suicide squad movie ( they released a teaser at comic con) but it got recorded and the studio said f**k it and released it to everyone online.

Stealth_Hunter

I remember when that happened. the trailer was officially released like 2 days after it leaked. People went mad for that bootleg.

A description is all I need to be happy when cinemacon gets here....but the trailer better quickly follow!  ;)

goose_3387

goose_3387

What would be the point in Fox trying to delete a bootleg trailer from a movie that is due for release in 5 months?... The movie needs as much marketing as possible at this point.

Hollywood

Hollywood

Quote from: goose_3387 on Apr 17, 2018, 08:48:29 PM
What would be the point in Fox trying to delete a bootleg trailer from a movie that is due for release in 5 months?... The movie needs as much marketing as possible at this point.

Yeah they'd be smarter to just drop it officially if that were the case. Personally, I think we will get the trailer officially before Deadpool 2 is in theaters but that's just a guess.

Malash

Malash

in early may, waiting for the trailer

there should be news next week

ELDERCLANLEADER

It's sort of like being a kid and waiting on that must have toy on Christmas Eve , imagining what it will be like when you open your present lol 😂

Despite my expectations, I have to admit I'm starting to get a little excited for next week. I just hope they don't spoil the film and show everything in the trailer , if there is no sign of predator , I will take that as a very positive sign indeed.

I want to go in , not knowing what the predators will look like, anyone else feel the same way ?

Stealth_Hunter

Stealth_Hunter

Quote from: Hollywood on Apr 17, 2018, 08:50:20 PM
Quote from: goose_3387 on Apr 17, 2018, 08:48:29 PM

Yeah they'd be smarter to just drop it officially if that were the case. Personally, I think we will get the trailer officially before Deadpool 2 is in theaters but that's just a guess.

playing devils advocate what if they want to wait until after avengers infinity War comes out and has a couple of weeks to die down in hype..? would that be smart or stupid considering the amount of time marketing would have?

*I mean more than a few weeks after*

Huggs

Huggs

Count me in the "later" rather than "sooner" group. We've still got a ways to go before the movie comes out. I'm gonna play it safe and say June before a mass available trailer is released. I'd be plenty happy to be wrong, but there's already been delays and now the big reshoot. How much faith they have in this film's ability to earn big at this point I don't know. But I wonder if that will effect the aggressiveness behind the marketing. They need to get after it though, there's still a lot of big movies coming out. Infinity War, Jurassic World 2, and now there's Meg.

Hollywood

Hollywood

Quote from: Huggs on Apr 18, 2018, 10:22:26 PM
Count me in the "later" rather than "sooner" group. We've still got a ways to go before the movie comes out. I'm gonna play it safe and say June before a mass available trailer is released. I'd be plenty happy to be wrong, but there's already been delays and now the big reshoot. How much faith they have in this film's ability to earn big at this point I don't know. But I wonder if that will effect the aggressiveness behind the marketing. They need to get after it though, there's still a lot of big movies coming out. Infinity War, Jurassic World 2, and now there's Meg.

I can see them releasing the trailer later when you put it that way. My hangup about them waiting until June is it might miss an opportunity too good to pass up with Deadpool coming in May, though. Lots of people will see Deadpool despite 'Infinity War being almost right before it. If they wait until later hopefully they do an all out marketing blitz.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Hollywood on Apr 18, 2018, 10:32:24 PM

I can see them releasing the trailer later when you put it that way. My hangup about them waiting until June is it might miss an opportunity too good to pass up with Deadpool coming in May, though. Lots of people will see Deadpool despite 'Infinity War being almost right before it. If they wait until later hopefully they do an all out marketing blitz.

They probably will. The thing is, I don't personally know anyone who goes and sees more than 1 or 2 movies in theaters per year. I myself only see one a year, and last year I didn't go at all.  Granted, the general public probably isn't following the production of this movie, but there are a lot of big pg-13 and kid films coming out that they do know about, and people are making plans. I've got a cousin who says he's only going to see the Incredibles sequel, and that's it for the year. If they're going to market this movie, they need to get the ball rolling. Gracious, Venom comes out just 2 or 3 weeks after it. And we've already seen a teaser for that.

Hollywood

Hollywood

Quote from: Huggs on Apr 18, 2018, 11:03:12 PM
They probably will. The thing is, I don't personally know anyone who goes and sees more than 1 or 2 movies in theaters per year. I myself only see one a year, and last year I didn't go at all.  Granted, the general public probably isn't following the production of this movie, but there are a lot of big pg-13 and kid films coming out that they do know about, and people are making plans. I've got a cousin who says he's only going to see the Incredibles sequel, and that's it for the year. If they're going to market this movie, they need to get the ball rolling. Gracious, Venom comes out just 2 or 3 weeks after it. And we've already seen a teaser for that.

That's a statistic I'd be curious to find out. In my head I assume casual moviegoers see between 6 to 9 movies a year but I'm basing that off me seeing about 12 lol so i have no idea.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Hollywood on Apr 18, 2018, 11:45:46 PM
Quote from: Huggs on Apr 18, 2018, 11:03:12 PM

That's a statistic I'd be curious to find out. In my head I assume casual moviegoers see between 6 to 9 movies a year but I'm basing that off me seeing about 12 lol so i have no idea.

Holy Moses, they should be giving you stock options.  :D It's probably just the area I live in. Don't get me wrong, I love the cinema, but I'm a "wait til it's out on Blu-ray" sort of guy. In my family, going to see movies is not something one does alone, nor do you want to given the location of the theater. So, it definitely isn't cheap. And I can't justify having 60 bucks invested in a movie by the time I pick it up on Blu-ray. So I try and reserve the theater for grand spectacle, with good writing of course. A difficult combination to find in the cinematic haystack of today. And besides, I got the best seat in the house at home, with full climate control, a private restroom, and a refrigerator. Oh, and repeat viewings are free.  ;D

ELDERCLANLEADER

Huggs I'm exactly the same , I rarely go to the movies anymore , to many disappointments and my wage just cannot justify it especially when I know I'll get it on DVD anyway. I used to love the cinema when I was younger , but now it's reserved for something I'm actually exited about.

I think the last film I watched in the cinema was Dunkirk , I knew I was investing in a quality product. I do wish I watched IT in the cinema however as it was my favourite film of the year, and totally took me by surprise. I'll be watching three films in the cinema this year however,  Deadpool 2 , Venom and of course The Predator.  ;D

Hollywood

Hollywood

Quote from: Huggs on Apr 19, 2018, 12:33:31 AM
Holy Moses, they should be giving you stock options.  :D It's probably just the area I live in. Don't get me wrong, I love the cinema, but I'm a "wait til it's out on Blu-ray" sort of guy. In my family, going to see movies is not something one does alone, nor do you want to given the location of the theater. So, it definitely isn't cheap. And I can't justify having 60 bucks invested in a movie by the time I pick it up on Blu-ray. So I try and reserve the theater for grand spectacle, with good writing of course. A difficult combination to find in the cinematic haystack of today. And besides, I got the best seat in the house at home, with full climate control, a private restroom, and a refrigerator. Oh, and repeat viewings are free.  ;D

That makes sense! I only go to movies with my girlfriend but if I had kids I might see only 3 a year lol as much as I love movies, I rarely ever buy blu rays for some reason. My collection is relatively small.

Stealth_Hunter

Quote from: Hollywood on Apr 18, 2018, 10:32:24 PM

deadpool 2 is tracking lower than the first with how much its expected to make at the box office but that's no surprise. they might be damned if they do release it before and damned if they release it in june. too close to avengers and people barely notice it since avengers has insane attention and too late in June they limitt there time for marketing. Dropping With deadpool might find a happy medium.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed