Who would you like to see in the next movie? Or in any new Alien movie?

Started by Baron Von Marlon, Nov 24, 2017, 07:56:10 PM

Author
Who would you like to see in the next movie? Or in any new Alien movie? (Read 37,497 times)

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Huggs on Jun 17, 2018, 04:40:45 AM
In a smaller role, I think he'd be fine as a random crew member. He's got that average guy thing about him. He was great in the thing prequel and exodus.

I do think he's got his talents, I just can't see it. But that just my opinion.

The Thing prequel reminded me of this guy:

Kristofer Hivju
Could see him playing some semi-bad ass type of character (sacrificing himself for the cause).

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jun 17, 2018, 04:58:46 AM
Quote from: Huggs on Jun 17, 2018, 04:40:45 AM
In a smaller role, I think he'd be fine as a random crew member. He's got that average guy thing about him. He was great in the thing prequel and exodus.

I do think he's got his talents, I just can't see it. But that just my opinion.

The Thing prequel reminded me of this guy:

Kristofer Hivju
Could see him playing some semi-bad ass type of character (sacrificing himself for the cause).

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/2f/2a/8b/2f2a8b46c4935bb26c168b33545fba3a.jpg

He was in Fate of the Furious too. He was Charlize Theron's right hand man.

I'd still like to see Edgerton in an Alien movie. But like I said, in a smaller role, like Verlain from alien isolation. Somebody that gets you there, maybe gets one running away scene or just some radio dialogue, and dies off screen or just quickly. Pretty much his same role from the thing prequel.

My running list so far is

Mads
Emily Blunt
Tom Hardy
Cillian Murphy

And maybe Ralph Fiennes (because the man is such a fantastic actor)

Were I getting less realistic, but more fun factor, I'd include Josh Brolin, Anthony Hopkins, and maybe a younger Jean Reno. Like from Godzilla 98.

Knowing our luck though, the next actual Alien movie is going to have Ryan Reynolds and Tom Cruise.

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Huggs on Jun 17, 2018, 05:27:49 AM
He was in Fate of the Furious too. He was Charlize Theron's right hand man.

I'd still like to see Edgerton in an Alien movie. But like I said, in a smaller role, like Verlain from alien isolation. Somebody that gets you there, maybe gets one running away scene or just some radio dialogue, and dies off screen or just quickly. Pretty much his same role from the thing prequel. He's got that "buckle up" guy sort of vibe. A regular guy at the bar sort of thing.

Mads though, that guy needs to be in an Alien movie, if there's any justice in the world. But as an android or mad scientist I don't know. But I'm leaning towards scientist. Or maybe the new head of Wey-Yu who's just cold -blooded as all-get-out.

Emily Blunt and Josh Brolin would be 2 others I'd pick. I could see Blunt being a tough pilot like the gal from Rogue. And Brolin as a military guy.

Gazing way out in left field, just for fun, I'd say a younger Jean Reno. Like from Godzilla 98.

Knowing our luck though, the next actual Alien movie is going to have Ryan Reynolds and Tom Cruise.

And Game Of Thrones.

The way you describe Edgerton's character, I could see it. I just guess I don't like him that much, I dunnow.

Mads would be sweet indeed. We can only hope...

Blunt is good. Brolin seems like a waste of budget. He's good but could easily be replaced imo.

Jean Reno is too comical for my taste. I mainly remember him from his lead role in Les Visteurs (great movie btw).

And this topic is all for fun  :)Killing time and exchanging opinions until we get fresh news to discuss.

SM

Cillian Murphy has already been running around a spaceship trying not to get killed.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: SM on Jun 17, 2018, 06:07:44 AM
Cillian Murphy has already been running around a spaceship trying not to get killed.

Just for fun, what about

Dan Aykroyd and Willem Dafoe as the un-identical twin garbage haulers
Tom Sizemore as Sgt. Rance Boltan
Bob Hoskins as space ninja Master Shintoa
Martin Sheen as the librarian
Jude Law, as Martin Sheen
and Bruno Ganz as Space Hitler

In.......Alien Resurrection 2.

SM

Huggs

Huggs

Sweet. I might change Martin Sheen's role to Book-keeper though. Somebody's gotta keep track of everything. Now if they can get Oliver Stone to direct, and make like it's based on actual events that'd be perfect. They can have an after credits scene to set up the next sequel. Benicio Del Toro is working undercover at Wey-Yu as Ol' Mrs. McClardy in Payroll, stealing office supplies for seegson. That is, until he stumbles upon something alittle more...interesting.

Alien Resurrection 3: Human Resources

Stitch

Quote from: Huggs on Jun 17, 2018, 05:27:49 AM
Well, Ryan Reynolds was already in Life and was pretty good in that. Just because he's primarily a comedic actor doesn't mean he can't play straight roles well. I mean, we've already had Danny McBride!

MU-TH-UR 6000

Dunno if someone mentioned him already but Colin Farrell would make for an amazing panicky dude. He's incredible in In Bruges at that, plus some of the delivery he has for the jokes is great. He'd make for a great Hudson type character.

Shinawi

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jun 17, 2018, 02:09:16 AM
Johnny Depp:
Older, lost weight and still has that look in his eyes. Would be great for playing whatever character that becomes obsessed with the xeno, black goo,...
I actually would like to see him as a futuristic version of Jack Sparrow.  ;D

Shinawi

And include all of them:

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: MU-TH-UR 6000 on Jun 17, 2018, 08:44:54 PM
Dunno if someone mentioned him already but Colin Farrell would make for an amazing panicky dude. He's incredible in In Bruges at that, plus some of the delivery he has for the jokes is great. He'd make for a great Hudson type character.

In Bruges is feckin' great.
Could see him as a panicky dude, but not military. Rather a mechanic or something.
"Aliens with feckin' acid for blood. I didn't sign up for this. I'm just a mechanic."

MU-TH-UR 6000

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jun 19, 2018, 04:06:53 AM
In Bruges is feckin' great.
Could see him as a panicky dude, but not military. Rather a mechanic or something.
"Aliens with feckin' acid for blood. I didn't sign up for this. I'm just a mechanic."

Aye, wasn't seeing him as a military dude either but a ship mechanic sounds about right! Add some of Parker's personality to him, always complaining about terrible work conditions and shitty pay and you have a winner.

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: MU-TH-UR 6000 on Jun 19, 2018, 11:45:53 AMAye, wasn't seeing him as a military dude either but a ship mechanic sounds about right! Add some of Parker's personality to him, always complaining about terrible work conditions and shitty pay and you have a winner.

Similar to his complaining in In Bruges.
"What do I care about aliens. Feckin' E.T.'s and all that shite. I just want to get home and get paid. And as soon as I get this piece of junk fixed. I'm out of here."

BishopShouldGo

Ted Levine would be cool as a Weyland Yutani employee.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed