Who would you like to see in the next movie? Or in any new Alien movie?

Started by Baron Von Marlon, Nov 24, 2017, 07:56:10 PM

Author
Who would you like to see in the next movie? Or in any new Alien movie? (Read 37,519 times)

Corporal Hicks

That is one thing I'm glad we escaped with Covenant and I certainly hope they never consider using again. Cheap.

Predator@Alien

I'm just like you, but if it is like this, we must have an explanation !

Wweyland

Using Ripleys daughter in Alien: Isolation worked but using her mother is too much. It's getting into the Jaws 4 territory that the family has a curse to fight the sharks for their whole life. Actually Alien: Sea of Sorrows hinted at this, and I am not a fan of that theory.

NetworkATTH

People might hate me for this, but another Michael Fassbender droid besides David. But this is only because I love him in most of his performances (especially in these films), and he usually steals the show. As long as they don't go overboard and have twelve Fassbenders I'm fine.

ChrisPachi

People might hate that idea, but folks on this forum won't hate you for it. Only morons and assholes hate people for their ideas.

That said, I like that idea. Walter should of won. More Walter.

NetworkATTH

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Feb 17, 2018, 10:45:20 AM
People might hate that idea, but folks on this forum won't hate you for it. Only morons and assholes hate people for their ideas.

That said, I like that idea. Walter should of won. More Walter.

I'd really like them to flesh out David's character more as well. We got that in Covenant, but the motivations just seem, rushed. I'd love for someone to argue with David from just a logical standpoint of why he's doing what he's doing. Yeah I know he has daddy problems with humanity in whatever expanse it has, from the far past and then present, and yes I know he's hornier than most androids and is baby crazy. But what I really want isn't "I hate human graugh, they are weak" because that's so trite. You would think, even an AI as compromised as David, would give logic to his ideas. Which is why I really want more of Fassbender next installment.

At this point you really need for David's motives to be fleshed out, otherwise he just comes across as a Nazi with all this talk of weak and strong.  And that's really not a good look for your primary villain to have if you want people to relate to him like a, I don't know, Hannibal Lector. The point is Hannibal knows he's sick but he really doesn't care because he loves him some people. David's motives I think shouldn't be that crude, but I think you know where I'm going with this.

Exploring David's motivations and reasoning should be the prime focus, because while he always steals the show, I just want more of him to express David's nature. Why he does what he does beyond a cartoonish kind of "I hate all humans, I love myself and my dreams" kind of deal. Why is that, exactly

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: NetworkATTH on Feb 21, 2018, 04:38:30 PM
I'd really like them to flesh out David's character more as well. We got that in Covenant, but the motivations just seem, rushed. I'd love for someone to argue with David from just a logical standpoint of why he's doing what he's doing. Yeah I know he has daddy problems with humanity in whatever expanse it has, from the far past and then present, and yes I know he's hornier than most androids and is baby crazy. But what I really want isn't "I hate human graugh, they are weak" because that's so trite. You would think, even an AI as compromised as David, would give logic to his ideas. Which is why I really want more of Fassbender next installment.

At this point you really need for David's motives to be fleshed out, otherwise he just comes across as a Nazi with all this talk of weak and strong.  And that's really not a good look for your primary villain to have if you want people to relate to him like a, I don't know, Hannibal Lector. The point is Hannibal knows he's sick but he really doesn't care because he loves him some people. David's motives I think shouldn't be that crude, but I think you know where I'm going with this.

Exploring David's motivations and reasoning should be the prime focus, because while he always steals the show, I just want more of him to express David's nature. Why he does what he does beyond a cartoonish kind of "I hate all humans, I love myself and my dreams" kind of deal. Why is that, exactly

I don't think he really hates humans, he just looks down on them and considers them inferior. They ruined their own homeplanet and are looking for a new one. In his mind, they had their chance.
If you want more reasons, think of all the crap humans are capable of and have done through the ages.

Why he likes to create? He's been stuck working for Weyland for lets say 50 years. All this time doing menial tasks for inferior beings, not being able to explore, create,... Could be that it drove him mad. And once he was free, he sorta went into overdrive because he was held back for so long.

I do want more David in the next movie, but I don't need him explaining how he became what he is. Rather see him go the crazy scientist route, quoting poetry and ranting about creation and the universe.

Btw, this discussion might be suitable for a seperate topic  ;)

Russ

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Feb 21, 2018, 05:13:23 PM
Rather see him go the crazy scientist route, quoting poetry and ranting about creation and the universe.

AKA Ridley Scott in a script meeting.

NetworkATTH

Second movie in, I realize they should have really cast Mads Mikkelsen as David if they were going this route.

Baron Von Marlon

James Spader as a biologist.
When watching nature documentaries, I noticed most researchers have a lot of enthusiasm for their job. Spader would be perfect for displaying that kind of enthusiasm. It'd be very similar to his dialogue in The Blacklist when he's reminiscing, only the subject matter would be different.

Or as Company scumbag.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Russ on Mar 09, 2018, 05:49:06 AM
Rather see him go the crazy scientist route, quoting poetry and ranting about creation and the universe.

:D Haha!

WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN!!! (points finger at random writer) YOU! Tell me what it all means!! Never mind, I've figured it out. Quick, write this down! Haha! It's brilliant! Suck it Nolan!

As for who I'd like to see, Tom Hardy. For God's sake, Hardy. As Hicks, in Gibson's Alien 3. As it always should've been.

Baron Von Marlon

Rather see Hardy as some somewhat crazy guy like as in Peaky Blinders or Taboo.
Perhaps as some insane visionary or military guy with PTSD.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Huggs on May 23, 2018, 11:14:21 PM

WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN!!! (points finger at random writer) YOU! Tell me what it all means!! Never mind, I've figured it out. Quick, write this down! Haha! It's brilliant! Suck it Nolan!

As for who I'd like to see, Tom Hardy. For God's sake, Hardy. As Hicks, in Gibson's Alien 3. As it always should've been.

Enough of this Hicks must live nonsense, it's going to give me an aneurysm. The solution to the new films problems is not to dig up something that people should have accepted 25 years ago.
It's the writing and trying again.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: The Old One on May 28, 2018, 04:58:07 AM
Quote from: Huggs on May 23, 2018, 11:14:21 PM

Enough of this Hicks must live nonsense, it's going to give me an aneurysm. The solution to the new films problems is not to dig up something that people should have accepted 25 years ago.
It's the writing and trying again.

As a matter of fact, I accepted it many years ago. I thought hicks and newt dying was a good choice, as it tore any last shred of hope away from Ripley. I'd just never even heard of Hicks living until I read Gibsons draft not long ago. Would I like to see such a movie retcon Alien 3? No. Alien 3 is my favorite movie in the franchise and I love it just the way it is. But that script by Gibson was just fantastic, and the correct direction for the series back then. Alas, it's too late, but at least we still have a good movie.

Just out of curiosity, and I mean this with absolutely no offense, but do you ever plan on saying anything positive? You seem to have plenty of negative things to say.

The Old One

The Old One

I do when there's something good to discuss.
Check out my review on The Cold Forge.

But the simple fact is good stuff gets discussed less often, rare is the discussion of the places the Alien universe could go with fantastic content coming out at the minute in Tristan Jones work on Defiance- which should've, like Dead Orbit been entirely penned by the one artist. For some reason the merits of this new stuff seems to be mostly ignored in favour regurgitation of the Neill Blomkamp topic.

That's why I react like someone bit me on the arm whenever, an alternative A3 is brought up because the discussion ends up inevitably being a never ending blackhole of "Hicks and Newt tho..."
Alien Theory's YT channel is currently disappointingly fueling that fire with the abysmal "Welcome to ERF" saga at the moment, rather than literally anything else.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed