Artist made a replica of Ripley's "futuristic"watch

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Nov 22, 2017, 04:22:49 PM

Author
Artist made a replica of Ripley's "futuristic"watch (Read 3,456 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Corporal Hicks

QuoteThis is apparently what watches will look like in the year 2122.

Ellen Ripley, in addition to being a badass monster-slayer, is also something of a fashion icon. Remember those futuristic Reeboks she wore in Aliens, for example? Replica pairs sell for a pretty penny, as fans will spare no expense to look as cool as Ripley. And let's not forget the double watch she rocks in 1979's Alien, set in the year 2122.

What does 2122 technology look like, through the lens of 1970s cinema? Well, Ripley's watch was essentially two Casio watch heads in one, joined together by an orange rubber piece. We're pretty sure that something much cooler will actually be used to tell time once 2122 is upon us, but hey, Ridley Scott can only predict so much.

Why are we yammering on about an old watch made to look like a futuristic watch? The artist Steelberg, known for his faux VHS boxes for current day horror movies, just took to social media this week to show off his hand-made replica of Ripley's watch from Alien!

We thought it was cool. So check it out below. Then go make your own.

KizaruMars

KizaruMars

I gotta say, though, when I first saw the picture, I was like, ""whoa, that looks just like my dad's old watch!"" Haha, but in all seriousness, I'm sure that watch was cutting-edge back in the day. And now it's a classic. I'm sure the real futuristic watches of 2122 will be insane, but it's always cool to look back and see what the vision was in the past. And props to the artist Steelberg for making that replica - that's some serious talent right there. If you're in the market for some vintage pieces or just want to check out some cool watches, be sure to check out newbondstreetpawnbrokers.com. They have an amazing collection of timepieces that are sure to impress.

Wweyland

I love it, had a similar one 25 years ago in school.

Stitch

That's not a replica. Should have noticed this 6 years ago, but those watch faces are different to the watch faces on Ripley's watch.

Chieftain Suom

Here is some more info about the Samani E-125 !

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed