AvP Central

Started by Wweyland, Nov 14, 2017, 09:29:05 PM

Author
AvP Central (Read 44,669 times)

Wweyland

Wweyland

Some more fun stuff, added a list of the Biggest Predators in the franchise. Did I miss any?

Samhain13

Samhain13

I think Scarface was bigger than at least Celtic. Maybe more than some of the others. He was cute walking tank. But who knows?

Wweyland

Wweyland

Added a small compilation of Predator trophy rooms.

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

Quote from: Wweyland on Feb 25, 2019, 08:23:49 PM
Have been lying dormant for too long, compiled this list after a long break:
Top 10 Colonial Marine Weapons

A few years back, I compiled a similar list, "The Greatest Hand Weapons of Sci-Fi Film", site visitors voted for their favorite sci-fi hand weapons. The poll was closed after reaching 1,000 votes and their voting results placed the Smart Gun and Pulse Rifle at 4th and 2nd, respectively (Star Wars lightsaber was voted number one) of the top ten. Also, the Predator Plasma Cannon and the Shuriken placed 9th and 8th, respectively. You can see the list here.....
http://scifimoviezone.com/scifiweapons.shtml

Wweyland

Wweyland

Quote from: Biomechanoid on Mar 30, 2019, 04:57:42 PM
Quote from: Wweyland on Feb 25, 2019, 08:23:49 PM
Have been lying dormant for too long, compiled this list after a long break:
Top 10 Colonial Marine Weapons

A few years back, I compiled a similar list, "The Greatest Hand Weapons of Sci-Fi Film", site visitors voted for their favorite sci-fi hand weapons. The poll was closed after reaching 1,000 votes and their voting results placed the Smart Gun and Pulse Rifle at 4th and 2nd, respectively (Star Wars lightsaber was voted number one) of the top ten. Also, the Predator Plasma Cannon and the Shuriken placed 9th and 8th, respectively. You can see the list here.....
http://scifimoviezone.com/scifiweapons.shtml
Good list, I always loved the Z-F1 from The Fifth Element. The weapon and the movie are underrated.

Wweyland

Wweyland

For anyone interested, added a list of Human Predators.

SM

SM

Nice.

ScaryMinds

ScaryMinds

Not to rain on your parade, your site after all is a great resource, but the colour scheme doesn't seem to be in keeping with the subject matter.

Am running up a few pages for a friend's site, she wants an Alien section, and that was her first requirement, dark and moody, alien hive.

Just my 2 cents.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Quote from: ScaryMinds on Apr 07, 2019, 08:43:21 PM
Not to rain on your parade, your site after all is a great resource, but the colour scheme doesn't seem to be in keeping with the subject matter.

Am running up a few pages for a friend's site, she wants an Alien section, and that was her first requirement, dark and moody, alien hive.

Just my 2 cents.
Thanks for the input. I aim for a simple design, with good readability and mobile usage.
I hope the high quality images are enough to create the mood.
A hive background is a bit too 90ties for me, I actually made my first Alien site in 2001 with a hive.gif background.

SM

SM

^ Agreed.

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

Quote from: ScaryMinds on Apr 07, 2019, 08:43:21 PM

Just my 2 cents.

AVP Central's scheme is really the most user friendly. I had read an article awhile back that black text on white is the number one preferred color scheme.  It mentioned White text on dark backgrounds - like AVPG and my site, is often reported as stressful or as an eye strain, especially if your site is heavy on text.

Hindsight, when first starting, I would have built it as a black text on white scheme like AVP Central, but I have over 900 pages now. Not gonna happen now.

My suggestion to AVPCentral would be keep mindful of your navigation. Right now since you have only a few dozen features, your navigation is fine. But as you accumulate content, you need to look into sub-menus and or menu categories. That way your visitors could go to any list from any list page.

I have only about a dozen lists, but you can hop to any Best of list page from any other Best of list page by using a top line menu....see here....http://scifimoviezone.com/scifi05.shtml

Wweyland

Wweyland

Thanks for the input Biomechanoid.
I will soon run into the categorization and navigation problem that you mentioned.

Today added some ramblings about Xenomorph Prime.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Added an article about the Hish-Qu-Ten.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Added a list about some the ridiculous Space Jockeys we see throughout the franchise.

Delta Echo Alpha Delta

Delta Echo Alpha Delta

Quote from: Wweyland on Jun 13, 2019, 08:41:32 PM
Added a list about some the ridiculous Space Jockeys we see throughout the franchise.

Some can be pretty ridiculous, which is why I prefer Engineers.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed